[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Allows Orb to join Earth Alliance >Runs away so she can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11
>Allows Orb to join Earth Alliance
>Runs away so she can't even make them not do stupid shit
>Interrupt a battle to try and convince Orb to stop, doesn't do shit
>Gets orange Goufman killed
>Cries in Archangel instead of going back to Orb and stopping them politically
>Interrupts another fight, still fucking ignored

Am I supposed to be cheering for these guys? It was more sad watching Shinn unknowingly kill the nice Orb officer than seeing Cagalli crying over being useless.
>>
File: Cagalli.Yula.Athha.full.18725.jpg (172 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
Cagalli.Yula.Athha.full.18725.jpg
172 KB, 600x887
she has one good episode in all of destiny, when she gets the Akatsuki but after that she is never seen again.
>>
Cagalli's crying her heart out. Why can't you UNDERSTAND that!
>>
Destiny assassinated the fuck out of Cagalli's character.
>>
>>14249591
> Am I supposed to be cheering for these guys?

No. You're not. The message of Destiny is to question authority, rather than blindly obeying. You're supposed to question what the Archangel is doing despite how the show portrays them as being morally superior and all the flattering shots.

Fun Fact: The real fallen hero of Destiny is Kira.
>>
>>14249624
>Destiny assassinated the fuck out of Cagalli's character.
Destiny assassinated the fuck out of most of the returning cast.
>>
File: lunasmirk.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lunasmirk.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
Friendly reminder that Luna should have won the Athrunbowl.
>>
>>14249629
Holy fuck, the metastory makes total sense.
Fukuda is actually a genius!
>>
File: Yzak (2).png (710 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yzak (2).png
710 KB, 1280x720
>>14249640
>anyone wanting the Athrunbowl
Yzak or GTFO
>>
File: shiho card.jpg (110 KB, 341x512) Image search: [Google]
shiho card.jpg
110 KB, 341x512
>>14249652
But Yzak's already taken, and it's not Dearka.
>>
File: 111111.jpg (168 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
111111.jpg
168 KB, 768x432
>>14249669
>that one super pointless character (which is saying something when its in destiny) that didn't even have a line of dialog
>Yzak's main squeeze
sure
>>
>>14249646
Looking at it like this, Destiny becomes an unintentional masterpiece. The fact Kira comes off as a self-righteous, naive hypocrite only goes to show how important it is to question those in power.

Would you really want someone like HIM in charge of a military? After his solution to the underlying causes of the conflict is simply "if people try to start something, I'll put a stop to it"? Kira stopped a madman who tried to use a doomsday weapon to force humanity to follow his plan for a better world, and his idea of peace is him forcing it at gunpoint.
>>
>>14249629
I miss how some of the earlier OPs made Freedom look evil/ominous.

Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus treats Kira as the main 'antagonist' of GSD; he even gets a special boss version of Strike Freedom on some stages.
>>
>>14249691
>Kira stopped a madman who tried to use a doomsday weapon to force humanity to follow his plan for a better world,

That's where it falls flat though. Kira and Lacus might not be quite as perfect as the show seems to think, but they're not threatening to blow up countries with doomsday lasers either.

In fact they're relatively merciful to their enemies (relatively). They welcomed Shinn with open arms, where as most other factions in CE would have killed him just in case he might have decided to oppose them again.
>>
>>14249591
It's her fault she went to Armory One in the first place.

If she didn't, she could have stopped the treaty with the EA.
>>
>>14249629
>Fun Fact: The real fallen hero of Destiny is Kira.

Fallen hero not so much as anti-hero. He's on the same path as Paul Atreides.
>>
>>14249640

But she won the Shinnbowl and 2D and 3D, and they're very happy together in both.

there's a baby comin, just you want
>>
>>14250815

He's going to have a fight with Sting?
>>
>>14250819
>she wins the Shinnbowl in 2D
>they reunite a few years later for Kara no Kyoukai
>she wins the mikiyabowl in 2D
>a few years later wins the suzumarabowl in 3D
nigga i still can't get over how kawaii this is
>>
>>14250812
Kira is still planning on going around policing the world. Destiny established that he doesn't give a flying fuck about whatever reason people are fighting about, about who is right or who is wrong, or even who is the aggressor in a conflict. He's just going to come in, start shooting at people while telling them how wrong it is to fight. And people are either going to be forced to submit to him, or they the Earth is going to rise up against him and Lacus.

And Kira's not alone now. He has ZAFT to use in order to make everyone play nice. It's classic peace through strength, but that is only part of the old saying.

> peace through strength or, failing that, peace through threat.

Kira acted as a terrorist through Destiny, flying machines that shat in the face of the peace treaty so many people died for. He attacked and aggroed armies simply because he wanted to protect the Orb soldiers, and then the show acts like it's wrong to go after him. And now, his faction is essentially running the world, and he's committed to his ill-thought out version of "peace".

The only difference between him and Durandal is the size of the heat they're packing.
>>
>>14249669
That's Garrod's gf.
>>
>>14250915
The SRW guys even gave her and Shinn a combination attack because they got married irl.
>>
>>14249591
>Allows Orb to join Earth Alliance
To be fair, Orb was kind of stuck between the 2 superpowers.

If they decide to stay neutral, they run the risk of getting invaded like they did in SEED.
If they allied themselves with either side, the other superpower will invade them.
>>
>>14251182
Shouldn't Orb have been part of the Earth Alliance already, though? I mean, the EA did conquer them. I don't know why they let them go.
>>
>>14251205
Probably forced to return that territory to Orb after the first war.

And Orb destroyed the mass driver that the EA was targeting them for anyway. Chances are they either just left Orb after the mass driver blew up.
>>
>>14251205
The Junius Treaty returned national boundaries to what they were before the war, so Orb and every other nation the EA conquered came back. It's basically one big status quo restoration that allowed Kira to be the only one with a nuclear-powered Gundam in the sequel.
>>
>>14249591
She's a woman, what do you fucking expect? Her being useful? Get the fuck real and face reality.
>>
>>14249629
Wew it all makes sense now! Fukuda and Morosawa are geniuses!
>Gundam SEED DD when?
>Gundam SEED Athrun's Counterattack when?
>>
>>14249610
That was anticlimatic. All that speech about protecting ORB and whatnot and in the next episode she gave it into some random chad that might not be on their side.
>>
>>14251373
There were supposed to be continuations, I believe.
>>
File: Next Gundam SEED Sequel.jpg (74 KB, 721x494) Image search: [Google]
Next Gundam SEED Sequel.jpg
74 KB, 721x494
>>14251373
You will get a distant sequel set in the Year Clyne Era 0014, starring the firstborn son of Kira and Lacus.

Mass-Produced Freedom and Justice units are the mainstays of their military and often operate in pairs, in honor of ZAFT General Yamato and Orb General Zala's legendary teamwork with the originals.

The love interest is also his childhood friend and fellow teammate piloting an MP Justice. She is the daughter of Yzak and Shiho.
>>
>>14251807
>Kira and Lacus reproducing

Now I know your full of shit.
>>
>>14251807
>She is the daughter of Yzak and Shiho.
>implying yzak wouldn't have the baby of deakka
>>
>>14252113
It's later revealed to be Kira and Cagalli's child.
>>
>>14252125
I dunno, it would make more sense if it was luna's kid simply because kira hadn't cucked shinn yet.
>>
>>14250815
His son turns into a sandworm?

MUA'DIB
>>
>>14249591
It's like they tried to turn her into the ultimate terrible peace princess. No idea what happened to her in Destiny, but it was awful.
>>
>>14252137
>>14252125

It's actually Carbon Human Fllay's and Canard Pars' child.
>>
>>14251778
Bandai didn't want to invest in a third series after Destiny underperformed. The fanbase SEED had created didn't buy Gunpla during Destiny and won't accept new protagonists. When the first SEED made most of it's money through toy sales, and new protagonists are needed to keep new shows accessible to new viewers, Bandai wasn't happy and created 00 to attract teenage boys back to the franchise.

We were supposed to get a movie, but that was canned when Morosawa couldn't get a script in on time and Fukuda refused to allow anyone else to write it. They were suspended from Sunrise for awhile, and we all saw what it did to their careers.

They originally talked about more OVAs after Stargazer, but I'm guessing it didn't perform as hot as they hoped. Plus Bandai was sick of the whole Cosmic Era at that point.
>>
>>14251373
Sadly the SEED movie is dead and buried, just like Fukudas hopes and dreams.
>>
>>14249591
>the pleasure of being cummed inside
>>
>>14255473
She's never felt such pleasures.
>>
>>14255473

Coodinators can't cum over it anyway
>>
>>14252356
Morosawa happened
>>
>>14255255

Yeah. Unlike Geass where Bandai was entirely fine with a fanbase that was only around for one or two characters and didn't really care for much else in the show, they refused to have a Gundam where people liked the characters over the robots. If it wasn't pushing their plastic crack they weren't interested.
>>
>>14256249
>Bandai [cut] refused to have a Gundam where people liked the characters over the robots. If it wasn't pushing their plastic crack they weren't interested.

This is the reason why all modern Gundam shows are shit.
>>
>>14251166

And Luna says the words Maaya did on her wedding.
>>
>>14256249
Well yeah, but Geass wasn't trying super hard to push models. It was made for the characters first and foremost, of course they were ok with it.
>>
>>14250915
And I've heard they're the most lovey-dovey, "shmoopy" couple ever in public. Like sickeningly cute around each other. You know what I mean, the people who are like

>Where do you wanna eat, honey bun?
>Oh I don't know sweetie-pea, anywhere is good for me.

I mean that level of open affection is rare even in places where that's more acceptable, let alone Japan.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-22/gundam-seed-head-scriptwriter-chiaki-morosawa-passes-away/.98959

Wow, I didn't know she died. Good riddance.
>>
>>14249591
>>14249610
>Best girl in Seed
>Utter shit in Destiny
>>
>>14256311
you already missed the shit post train on that news months ago.
>>
>>14256311
Even if she was a shitty writer (when it wasn't super robot stuff), I'm not happy she died. Especially when she died of a particularly awful form of cancer.
>>
>>14256321
Yeah. I've lost relatives to cancer. Shit is no joke. Even if I hate her work I can't celebrate this. Especially since it's going to have the opposite effect from what people want. Fukuda is going to buckle down and try to push out any unfinished work she had. Watch. He'll be shilling that Seed movie where Kira and Lacus save the universe when he gets over his heavy grieving.
>>
>>14256353
Plus it's not she was a horrible person irl. I get why people were happy when Jerry Falwell died, that's understandable. But Morosawa? She was just a tv writer.
>>
The best part of watching Destiny is being able to participate in these threads
>>
>>14256359
>I get why people were happy when Jerry Falwell died, that's understandable.

I actually forgot who this guy was and I had to check. Wow, he was a douche.

>Jerry Falwell can go straight to hell. And I mean that in a Christian way ~ Jimmy Carter

And Carter's a fucking pacifist.
>>
>>14256359
>>14256321
>>14256353

So because a shit person dies from a bad disease, we should feel sorry for her? No dice. She was a complete bitch and the world is better for her absence.
>>
>>14249610
>immediately turns her father's legacy over to the fucking butcher of berlin
>>
>>14256402
>She was a complete bitch

She was? I've seen very little that has to do with her personally, just her work.

>we should feel sorry for her

No, but there's a space between feeling sorry and being happy.
>>
>>14256421

She can't do any more harm. I consider that a net positive for humanity.
>>
>>14256292
Tell me more.
Fuck, why am I such a sap for this sort of shit?
>>
>>14256441
>I consider that a net positive for humanity.

I don't know if you're shitposting or if you genuinely think a tv show actually has a big effect on the world as a whole and that anything this board discusses actually fucking matters to the state of the human race. If it's the former, well alright then. If it's the latter, then that's amazingly sad.
>>
>>14256484

Let's look at Stephenie Meyer. According to your argument, she is 'just a writer'. But look at the effect she has had on girls. The messages she is putting across to people. Surely you see the societal damage she causes yes? Then, if we extrapolate further, then her not existing would be a net positive for the world, correct?

Same concept. It's fine to be a shitlord when your shit ideas don't see the light of day, but when the world sees them? Nah dude.
>>
>>14256496

Ignoring the fact that it's already no longer a fad and no one cares about those books anymore, their impact was in the end extremely minimal.

Even Star Trek has had less influence on humanity than Churchill.
>>
>>14256496

Of all people, you could at least try to use an example that is actually relevant.
>>
>>14256779
>>14256771

That's like saying Jenny McCarthy doesn't have blood on her hands. You're wrong. People are idiots and people who take advantage of that are evil.
>>
>>14256806
>evil
Ignoring that evil is based on perspective and isn't some objective thing, what were the "morals" taught in Destiny that every nation doesn't already follow through realpolitik?

>peace through force

Literally the foundation of western civilization. Whether you like it or not, might does in fact make right, and that's why it's only a war crime when you lose.

>genetic determinism is wrong

Ignoring muh freedums, it actually is a shitty system when not simply on paper and is too impractical to work.
>>
>>14256496
>But look at the effect she has had on girls

She gave them another dreary self-insert main character in a sea full of thousands of them?
>>
>>14249610
>One good Episode.
>Get's gaudy abomination mech that bounces beams because she can't dodge.
>Debut battle and she picks a fight with someone who outclasses her in every way.
>Get's rekt and needs her brother to come save her stupid ass again.

Yeah that episode really showed her off well.
>>
>>14250812
>Kira and Lacus might not be quite as perfect as the show seems to think

Stop with your headcanon, next you'll be telling me Char isn't as petty as the shows make him out to be. Lacus is literally the only person in CE to SEED without even going into combat. She just does it to show she's got everything under control despite not doing jack shit but talk.
>>
You know, a couple of weeks ago some anon was passing around this image. It's Kira in front of the Strike Freedom, quoting Captain America. It makes Kira look determined and heroic, like the show tries to make him out to be.

But the problem is, Cap would want to punch Kira's fucking lights out.

> Nick Fury: After New York, I convinced the World Security Council we needed a quantum surge in threat analysis. For once we're way ahead of the curve.

> Steve Rogers: By holding a gun at everyone on Earth and calling it protection.

> Nick Fury: You know, I read those SSR files. Greatest generation? You guys did some nasty stuff.

> Steve Rogers: Yeah, we compromised. Sometimes in ways that made us not sleep so well. But we did it so the people could be free. This isn't freedom, this is fear.

Kira's not supposed to be the guy pointing a gun at everyone's head in the name of peace, he's supposed to be above war and all that shit. For all his talk about freedom, hell piloting MS named Freedom, Kira sure seems intent to make everyone step into line with Lacus. Like he's going to assault people's freedom or something. Or Striking at freedom if you will.

THIS is what is wrong with Destiny, it betrays everything the first series stood for. SEED wasn't a masterpiece but it at least didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. And if this is Fukuda's idea of compassion or empathy, he needs to get his head checked.
>>
>>14256292
At least destiny brought them together.
>>
File: 2.jpg (91 KB, 518x460) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
91 KB, 518x460
Genocide is okay when you're the author's pet.
>>
>>14260939
To be fair, it's not really Kira. He only goes back to Freedom when he's threatened. The one preparing everything in the background just waiting for Kira was Lacus' group, which she coordinated from that island somehow, but we couldn't see any of those scenes since it'd make her look shady as hell. So, we only saw mobile suits and Lacus' other troops when Kira was seeing them too.
>>
>Djibril literally just shot a moon laser through a bunch of PLANTs.
>"Athrun, we need to stop the Chairman"

Fucking Kira sure knows his priorities.
>>
>>14261942
People can bitch about other Gundam series all they want. Nothing will ever hit the level of bad writing Destiny had.
>>
>>14256496
Maybe people should take responsibility for their own actions and educate themselves.
>>
Kira did nothing wrong.
>>
>>14256806
>Jenny McCarthy

Yeah, she really spilled a lot of blood, thinking that vaccines cause autism.

Please shut up and use an example of a person who actually has committed unjustifiable wrongdoings.
>>
>>14260939

Kira's actually more like Cap than you'd think. He basically wants to be the Avengers. You go about your business and enjoy your life, but if you decide to do terrorism or some plot against the world we'll show up to beat you down.

He wants to be a reactive hero. Durandal was the guy who had the doomlaser pointed at people if they didn't do what he said, and preemptively striking at people because they're probably going to be a problem later and he can't afford that unknown risk.

Even Lacus basically forces herself in control of Plant, she geniunely doesn't seem to have any aspirations to really force anyone to do anything they don't want, beyond stop people from killing each other in the same of racism, which most leaders typically want to do.

I know really want Lacus to secretly be evil because it's infuriation just how mary sue she is without there being some kind of catch. But there doesn't seem to be one.
>>
>>14262074
But she does. She's in a position of power (low as it is, but she has way more visibility than the normal person) and publicly and loudly claims that vaccines cause autism making some very naive dumb people believe it causing their kids to not be vaccinated leading to deaths.

It's reprehensible what she's done.
>>
>>14262074
When you have a voice and can influence people, the things you say can cause huge effects.
>>
>>14262135

Well, really, both parties are to blame, honestly, because as you yourself said these are retarded people believing the advice of a near-nobody and choosing to accept that advice in the first place.
>>
>>14262160
There are people who medically cannot get vaccinations and rely on herd immunity. When people stop getting vaccinated, they get fucked. So no, you're forgetting about innocent parties.
>>
>>14257029
do mind that you don't need to dodge if your suit reflects shit.
>>
>>14262116
I'm pretty sure Captain America has a degree of self awareness that is sorely lacking in Kira. You can go on all day about his good intentions, but what he intends with his actions and what he actually accomplishes with them do not line up.
>>
File: EXVSMB Ootori.jpg (480 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EXVSMB Ootori.jpg
480 KB, 1280x720
>sexy ootori
>Cagalli never uses it
at least i have exvs ;_;
>>
>>14256402
Wow you sure are edgy anon I wanna be like you when i grow up
>>
>>14263343

You'd be surprised. Captain America's insistance on refusing to follow registration laws even when it might just be tempoary thing and most people were on board with it simply because he believed it was wrong, is just like Kira's refuse to compromise with Durandal in any way shape or form even when it wasn't positive he was planning on doing anything bad yet.

Same with him causing all kinds of trouble in the Civil War film just to keep his friend alive, who while he certainly didn't deserve death would have made things easier for the world if he'd just let him be sacrificed, much like Kira causing all kinds of problems in Destiny because he kept protecting Orb.

Both caused lots of trouble and looked like the bad guys in the eyes of most, only to be vindicated by the plot only at the very end.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.