[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some /m/ manga that aren't just adaptions of anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: SHIR_043.jpg (187 KB, 733x1080) Image search: [Google]
SHIR_043.jpg
187 KB, 733x1080
What are some /m/ manga that aren't just adaptions of anime or light novels? No Gundam please.

Looking for things from the 80's or 90's to be more specific.
>>
>>14248613
Most manga from that time period would qualify.
The light novel=>manga adaptation trend only really started later on.
>>
>>14248637
No, they wouldn't.
>>
Your question makes little sense, OP.

Is this a thinly-veiled Shirow thread?
>>
>>14251119
What doesn't make sense?
>>
>>14251821
Mangas are rarely adaptation of pre-existing material. Gundam manga are an exception (I'm not counting stuff like Crossbones), so it's very weird that you're asking us NOT to recommend you a manga that precisely doesn't fit the criteria you already mentioned anyway.

it's like you messed up when constructing your sentence and put a negative where you didn't want to.
>>
>>14251858
>Mangas are rarely adaptation of pre-existing material

Incorrect.
>>
>>14251858
I think you're over analysing shit here.
OP just wants /m/ manga that aren't a tie in with an anime. Which I guess would exclude shit like Getter and Mazinger too.
/m/anga has had it's roots in anime tie-ins.
>>
>>14252066
No it wouldn't
>>
>>14251941
>>14252089
Gee OP, what a riveting discussion you've started here.
>>
>>14252248
Sorry you don't like it fag
>>
>>14252328
This is really just kinda sad man.
Like you could have had a good thread but you're just shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
>>14252374
I'm not OP idiot
>>
>>14252377
Sure thing OP.
>>
>>14252248
That's not me

>>14252066
What I don't want is cheap cash in manga which happens to be the case with most modern mecha manga. Looking up manga on batoto and most of it is shitty adaptions of shit mecha anime.
>>
>>14252390
This thread was shit from the start considering who made it
>>
>>14252414
You haven't looked at all then
>>
>>14252455
Ok
>>
>>14252489
Good
>>
Since no answers so far,

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Top notch stuff, took 13 years to finish
>>
>>14248613
Boldor: The Invisible Neighbour
>>
>>14248613
Gunmm.
Eden.
Birdy.
>>
Jinki
>>
>>14261433
>Gunmm
Isn't the ending shit?
>>
>>14261484
No, actually, the original ending is better than the continuation.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.