[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been thinking. Would Gundam Unicorn have been less
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: + (149).jpg (706 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
+ (149).jpg
706 KB, 1920x1080
I've been thinking.

Would Gundam Unicorn have been less of a mess if it was it's own thing, not adapted from for-profit fanfiction?

Or put another way, if it had always designed to be a self contained OVA rather than adapted from an extended canon novel?
>>
>>14248328

It was always designed to be an OVA though. Banrise decided it'd be their next OVA even before they contacted Fukui to write it. They've admitted it was always going to be an OVA even before then in interview. And much as Fukui takes the heat for it's direction here he was probably handed a list of beats to hit decided by committee even before he wrote it, same as most franchise novels like Star Wars and Halo.
>>
>>14248352
He pretty much said as much in interviews. OP is just an ignorant retard.
>>
>>14248352
That's a shame. I always felt there was the bones of a good story in there if they just edited the hell out of it and made character moments and motivations stronger/clearer.
>>
>>14248370
>motivations stronger/clearer.
Stronger/clearer than rape?
>>
>>14248352
>>14248328

Should have stuck with the early drafts of Unicorn so Banagher would have been a religious nutjob from Moon Moon then all that stupid newtype shit would have made sense, and then can be discounted as him having a religious ecstasy.
>>
>>14248417
It would've made some of his more out there moments seem more consistent. A belief in fate and faith in pre-ordained events would've made his will and lack of hesitation at ANYTHING feel more natural.
>>
I'm still puzzled why people think it's a mess.

Are these people idiots?
>>
>>14248448
I like it, hell it's probably a guilty admission but it's my favourite Gundam. However, so much of it is mired in odd character moments and romantic(in all meanings of the word) themes being more important than actually making sense.

The dialogue is also all over the place, but not in the trademark Tomino way that some people find charming.
>>
>>14248464
>odd character moments and romantic themes
>dialogue is also all over the place
It's like they tried to emulate Tomino's style but completely missed the point.
>>
>>14248448
I liked it and even I think it's a mess
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.