[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have we entered the golden age of Metal Heroes subs? Also, Metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12
File: 203703_1.jpg (123 KB, 800x629) Image search: [Google]
203703_1.jpg
123 KB, 800x629
Have we entered the golden age of Metal Heroes subs? Also, Metal Heroes thread, for that one anon in /ssg/.
>>
>>14247657
HELP HELP
>>
>>14247675
SAKEBIGOE GA HIBIKU YO
>>
What was that MH show where the bad guys were drug dealers but the ratings were so shit that they were retconned into aliens trying to invade Earth?
>>
File: metalder-10-youarearobot.jpg (45 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
metalder-10-youarearobot.jpg
45 KB, 512x384
One day I will watch more than one of these shows.
>>
File: metalder-18-arm-nosound.webm (2 MB, 544x408) Image search: [Google]
metalder-18-arm-nosound.webm
2 MB, 544x408
>>
>>14247731
What the fuck kind of retarded fansubs are you watching? It literally says the exact fucking opposite of the text- "You are a robot, but not a robot".
>>
File: metalder-12-episodetitle.jpg (77 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
metalder-12-episodetitle.jpg
77 KB, 512x384
>>14247837
Either Deadfish or HiNoTori, since the only set I ever found was a combination of those.
>>
>>14247843
And that screencap displays a complete lack of knowledge of basic grammar (how the fuck do you get "the monster's beloved" from 愛しのモンスター?)

You might as well be watching them raw if the fansubs are just going to throw literally bullshit at you.
>>
>>14247858
All the more reason for that show to get resubbed at some point.

>>14247699
Blue Swat.
>>
>>14247837
Metalder is a weird case in which the series is fully subbed but only because it's a mix of Deadfish subs, the one or two episodes by Hi no Tori and the rest is HK subs.
>>
>>14247657
What's the best metal heroes show? Whether is subbed or not doesn't matter.
>>
>>14248208
As far as I can see, it's a toss up between Juspion, Janperson and Winspector (no idea about Solbrain though).
>>
>>14248278
I've seriously enjoyed the tiny bit I've seen of Solbrain. Not quite as strong as Winspecter, but fun nonetheless.

My shit self-subs are probably a factor in my adoration of the show.
>>
>>14248377
At least SO will put out better ones soon: https://twitter.com/WeeabooShogun/status/732644109953961985
>>
>>14248483
Yeah. Thank goodness for him. I haven't released any of my stuff because I didn't want to step on any toes. I'm also a bit too self-conscious to release my stuff on /m/. I don't need my already poor skills being put under a microscope.
>>
>>14247740
>cutting off your own arm for a stunt

Holy shit Japan is hardcore as hell.
>>
>>14248208
Janperson and Winspecter are great. I'm about halfway through Jiraiya right now, so I can't speak for the entire show, but if it stays as good as it is right now then I'd add it to a short list of best Metal Heroes. Blue Swat also has some really strong episodes in its first half, but it's very inconsistent even before the awful retool.

Avoid both B-Fighter shows. Especially Kabuto. I really want to see Robotack and Kabutack to decide what the worst Metal Heroes show is.
>>
>>14247657
>golden age of Metal Heroes subs
Anyone doing B-Fighter or B-Fighter Kabuto yet? Your answer to that is my answer to your question.
>>
>>14249025
>wanting subs for the Kamen Rider Black and Black RX of the franchise

OVERRATED

GOD TIER SUITS AND SPECIAL EFFECTS BUT THE SHOWS ARE SHIT
>>
>>14249089
>THE SHOWS ARE SHIT
Can you explain why? I'm curious to know.
>>
File: Mac Windy.jpg (45 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Mac Windy.jpg
45 KB, 600x300
>>14249089
But... KABUTO HAS DANTE FROM DEVIL MAY CRY IN IT
>>
>>14249089
Kabuto is better than B-Fighter.
>>
>>14249128
Nothing happens in B-Fighter till Black Beet shows up, the only remotely interesting stuff is the way they brought back wacky dimensional nonsense from the Space Sheriff trilogy and they drop that ten episodes in. Kabuto is nothing but dick-sucking the boring main character in favor of the innumerably more interesting side characters, like Dante>>14249130 or Seiji Takaiwa out of suit and pretending to be Brazillian. Suits, special effects and music are god tier though, again, just like Black and Black RX. There's way more deserving Meal Hero shows that should be translated before them.
>>
>>14249206
But that episode where they went to the water park was amazing!
>>
>>14247657
Currently powering my way through Juspion and having a grand ol' time.

>>14249206
> Meal Hero
>>
File: 1459550830829.webm (3 MB, 540x406) Image search: [Google]
1459550830829.webm
3 MB, 540x406
>>14247657

Oh hey, a solution looking for a problem. Why not make a dedicated thread for Redman?
>>
>>14249015
No one really knows how Kabutack and Robotack are like except the fansubbers themselves. Doesn't help that both movies are the only ones to even have DVD releases, and lord knows when Toei will put out any for the shows, if at all.
>>
>>14249221
lets all go to the water park
>>
>>14249340
I'd fuck everyone in that pic. even Glasses McNerd if it meant I got with everyone else.
>>
>>14249242
This thread exists because someone posted a Winspector image in /ssg/
They were asshurt and told the poster to make a Metal Heroes thread
>>
>>14249313
>No one really knows how Kabutack and Robotack are like except the fansubbers themselves
And people from some countries who were lucky enough to have those shows broadcasted there.
I was too young to remember the details, and the show didn't interest me that much. I only remember they're very kid-friendly, before transforming into more traditionally proportioned MH. kabutack spent his time in some sort of SD form hanging around with kids.
>>
>>14250817
So basically all we have is biased opinions and vague memories.
>>
>>14249242
Jesus Christ is that violent!
>>
>>14251089
There could be other person who unlike me, watched all the episodes and remember them fondly.
But then they'll still be biased by nostalgia anyway.
>>
>>14251393
That falls under biased opinions.
>>
>>14247684
Subtitling is going well on Solbrain. I'm amazed by one of these episodes actually. Old men begin committing arson. They grew up during the war. Say that they rebuilt Japan and no one respects them. A great episode. Happy to be bringing Metal Heroes to so many people that enjoy them.
>>
>>14253315

ETA on when the first episode drops?
>>
>>14253335
I could drop it at any time, but I was thinking about doing a streaming party first. I also considered just releasing a batch since that's what people downloaded. I dunno. What do you think, just release them one by one then do a batch like before?
>>
>>14253348

Streaming, then a batch or MEGA folder containing all the episodes and patches.
>>
>>14253362
That's what I planned to do. Maybe not this weekend because they're doing a Dairanger stream event... or is it Kakuranger? and I don't wanna interrupt that.
>>
>>14253283
If I understand correctly, his actor wanted (if not demanded) to do more serious roles, leading to Juspion's character change later on. This is probably a side effect.
>>
>>14253348
How you handled Winspector was perfect, get a backlog of episodes done first so there's a steady stream of new content every few weeks rather than intermittent episodes whenever you can get them done or just one solid chunk of show completed with no chance to discuss it. The way you released Winspector was a close as it was possible to get to having it subbed like a modern ongoing weekly show. You know what you're doing obviously and either way I know the translation will be top notch but I really did love how you handled Winspector.
>>
>>14253374
Oh no, I get that. I just liked his hair, that's all.
>>
>>14253377
I appreciate that. That's what I am trying to do, to make sure I always have something to put out every week if possible. I have about 10 eps done so far.
>>
>>14253491
You are the best.
>>
So aside from the small revival with Gavan, have Metal Heroes been dead since the G3-X killed one?
>>
>>14253566
Pretty much. Not even nostalgia can bring it back (although Kamen Rider is basically wearing MH's skin nowadays).
>>
>>14253566
I thought it died because that thing was more "Metal Hero" than the actual last few Metal Hero shows.
>>
>>14249015
At least Robotack's theme is awesome.
>>
>>14256046
Not to mention that Akaboshi (generally known here for being Father Magnet in Dairanger) is in the supporting cast, although the lack of raws aside from the OP makes this hard to witness.
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20713407MHqd6TRM
>>
>>14256083
Did the people who worked on this also work on Moero Robocon?
>>
>>14256117
No idea, though Robocon did get included in an image featuring the other Metal Heroes, at one time.
>>
File: juspion mega stab.jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
juspion mega stab.jpg
20 KB, 640x480
>>14253283
9 episodes left for Juspion. :(

>>14249089
The plot is good. Stop being a heisei fag. It's a pretty good show.

>>14248994
>Holy shit Japan is hardcore as hell.
Try Juspion and Jiban... You got niggas getting blowed by cannons, arm rip and even head rip.
>>
File: BLACK.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BLACK.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>14257006
>The plot is good. Stop being a heisei fag. It's a pretty good show.
Black is great. Obligatory.
Black RX is just "ok", with a dumb end. Not obligatory.
>>
File: FUCK THIS SHIT, I'M OUT.gif (674 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
FUCK THIS SHIT, I'M OUT.gif
674 KB, 250x188
>>14253374
>If I understand correctly, his actor wanted (if not demanded) to do more serious roles, leading to Juspion's character change later on. This is probably a side effect.
It was the opposite, anon. Kurosaki wanted a different visual and comic relief for Juspion because of the Space Sheriffs. The director also wanted that. So he tried the black power and goofy scenes. However, the feedback of first episodes was not ok. So... they decided to change to hair and make a more serious character till the last episode. The director got sad for that but... that's how it works.
>>
>>14258003
Oh, I see now. No wonder he acted so wild for his minor role on Bioman, but hey at least he had fun with it for both shows (plus he's apparently married and has a son, must be a cool dad to have).
>>
>>14257006
Stronger had a good plot. The original series had good arcs. Black had fuck all until the last thirteen episodes, where Kotaro tried very hard to not kill Shadow Moon for a quarter of a year even though he was a fucking jobber. Black RX had a slightly better plot. Black's enjoyable MOTW in small doses but much like V3 it gets a lot of attention simply because it was the only subbed Showa show for quite some time. That and unbelievable Brazilian nostalgia and shitposting doesn't do it any favors.
>>
>>14247657
Not until Saban starts releasing official DVDs of Metal Heroes.
>>
>>14260226
Fuck off Power Faggot.
>>
>>14260187
Nips fucking love Black and they're divisive about RX though
>>
>>14253283
TFW when you find out this girl did amateur JAV.
>>
>>14257006
Did you ever thank brazillians? All thanks to juspion being famous here in Brazil you guys can watch it with good quality.
>>
>>14260187
Black also was one of the most successful shows in Japan though, alongside RX, and still seems to be one of the fandom's favorites. It's not only popular due to international popularity.

Just look at the crossover stuff. Black gets more attention than anything besides the original series, generally, with RX and V3 also around the same level, then the other legend 7 and finally everything else.
>>
>>14260818
Interacting with Brazilians on the internet put it on my radar, but as far as I'm aware nobody involved in the process of subtitling Juspion is Brazilian.
>>
>>14260840
Nip fans tend to dismisse RX as a Space Sheriff barely disguise as a rider. Hell, even Narutaki did it on a Decade special and he's the ultimate rider fanboy
>>
>>14260813
Name?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.