[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kyatto Ninden Teyandee on Crunchyroll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
Curnchyroll has added Kyatto Ninden Teyandee to their catalog, following up the addition of Samurai Pizza Cats last year. From the look of things, the subtitles have been improved from the DVD release. No more blatantly censored gay joke in episode 1, for example.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/samurai-pizza-cats
>>
>>14241909
>the subtitles have been improved from the DVD release.

Well shit, man. I was thinking about purchasing that DVD set while the price is still relatively low. They're really that bad?
>>
>>14241990
>They're really that bad?
Here's a post I made last year that gives some examples of problems I had:

http://digitalshokunin.tumblr.com/post/124751308028/why-retranslate-teyandee

I've only watched the first episode of the Crunchyroll release so far, but I already noticed many improvements just within that one episode.
>>
So how does it compare to Pizza Cats?
>>
>>14242030
Wow, I had no idea there was this many nudges that called Koon's sexuality into question. I really hate to see these go. I mean, the Saban dub practically banks on him being gay by not only letting him crossdress but that they gave him this super sweet feminine voice to go along with it. There really shouldn't be an issue with this.

Well, this and other forms of translation issues sure has me conflicted, especially with the current price the set sits in.
>>
>>14242068
The issues with the subs were probably the fault of Tatsunoko and not Discotek. I do notice that a lot of their releases seem to have subpar subtitles though, like the Hokuto no Ken movie. and Captain Harlock is supposed to at least be worse than Live-evil.
>>
>>14242030
>>14241909
Does this mean that you won't need to resub the show anymore? Kind of eliminates the purpose of the only fansub project you were intending to do. On one hand, it's kind of a shame, but on the other it's nice that you won't need to fruitlessly find helpers.

>>14242109
Both of those are productions from Toei, who are notoriously shit when it comes to handing out English translations (Discotek generally cleans up whatever scripts the Japanese companies send). The HnK movie did get a resubbed rerelease and the Mazinger sets turned out fine, though.
>>
File: 16042401.jpg (61 KB, 510x624) Image search: [Google]
16042401.jpg
61 KB, 510x624
>>14242062
>So how does it compare to Pizza Cats?
It's certainly not as completely off the wall (but few shows are), but it's definitely not completely boring like some people would have you think. It even has a lot of he same kinds of humor that the dub is known for, albeit somewhat less saturated. Just don't make up your mind from the first episode, it takes a while for the humor to really get into gear.
>>14242466
>Does this mean that you won't need to resub the show anymore?
It very well could. I'd like to watch some more before I completely make up my mind, but I already am questioning whether it's worth continuing or not.
>>
I skipped through ep 1 and saw the complaints from the tumblr post were mostly edited and fixed up. Then I decided to skip ahead and check out ep 13 and 14. They called him Korn still, the ep title called them the Four Dark Ninjas while the dialogue translated it as Four Fighters of the Dark. The "I'm Gen..." line is still there. And the line about if Pururun's left boob or right boob being bigger is still guessing her next litter size instead.

I guess they only fixed up the first episode, maybe a few more, and haven't bothered with the rest (yet?).
>>
>>14244806
Also, considering these are hardsubbed, I doubt CR will be re-uploading these with any more fixed versions. I'll admit ep 1 having the errors fixed sent me for a loop, but if there is some project at Discotek to fix this up, it wasn't very far along when these went up.
>>
File: 12061801.jpg (20 KB, 510x624) Image search: [Google]
12061801.jpg
20 KB, 510x624
>>14244852
Damn, that's disappointing. I had only watched the first two episodes, and they were both greatly improved.
>>
File: 12042401.gif (53 KB, 510x624) Image search: [Google]
12042401.gif
53 KB, 510x624
Episode 3 was also improved, currently watching episode 4 and it's also improved. Glad to see they took the obvious route of translating the "nekobaba" pun as "cat burglar". That one is so obvious that even with the issues that the initial DVD release had, I was surprised that it simply didn't bother to attempt to translate the pun at all.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.