[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cg was a mistake The more digital fx progress, the less we will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Cg was a mistake
The more digital fx progress, the less we will see traditional toku and it's sad. I recall more than a couple Millenium era films utilizing it and how glaring it looked in comparison to practical. How noticeable will it be in Resurgence or the upcoming Gamera release? Both are supposed to be a mix of practical and digital fx. Are we at a point where they can blend well into a marriage instead of oil and water? I'm scared /m/.
>>
>>14240537
>Both are supposed to be a mix of practical and digital fx. Are we at a point where they can blend well into a marriage instead of oil and water?
Don't people praise the first Jurassic Park for doing exactly that?
>>
>>14240537
Go watch Civil War, the giant Ant-Man part.
It's perfect.
It also costs something like $100 millions to make, a sum Japanese simply can't use in movies.
>>
>>14240550
When has Toho done it though?
>>14240566
>$100 millions, a sum the Japanese simply can't use in movies
Isn't that the point though?
>>
>>14240601
The point is that if someone restricted himself to Toho movies he wouldn't notice it, but we're exposed to modern media everywhere so the shittiness of Japanese CGI is evident to everyone who decides to NOT turn a blind eye to it.
Then again suits only no CGI final destination looks ridiculous these days, but I'll still take it over badly done CGI, at least it has an artistic merit.
>>
>>14240537
The CGI and practical effects mix in Giant God Warrior was great.
The Colossal Titan also looked pretty cool.
>>
>>14240628
What about practical fx masterpieces? They definitely exist and long prior to the polish of cg. So why concern ourselves with good v. bad cg when there's plenty of good practical? Is it excusable because it's the way the wind is blowing?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.