[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: the most disappointing moment in a /m/ show Seriously,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 27
File: Full Cloth peacock smasher.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Full Cloth peacock smasher.png
1 MB, 1280x720
ITT: the most disappointing moment in a /m/ show

Seriously, I remember being so hyped with TRY when Full Cloth was confirmed.
>>
Crossbone is shit.
>>
>>14240332
I feel your pain anon. I was super hyped myself, and then suddenly PARTICLE JOBBING EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>14240332
I will say that crossbone had the best fight scene in the show. Not that anybody seems to care but at least the production team loved crossbone gundam as much as we do.
>>
File: Full Cloth punch.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Full Cloth punch.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
>>14240413
>crossbone had the best fight scene in the show
eh? do explain the fight was really boring.

>hit
>runs
>repeat
yeah it had a couple cool hits, like core fighter shooting down that girl, then jacking the revolver and shooting the end gundam, and then the i-field skull punch but thats it. Denial Gundam had a shit ton of awesome moves.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (344 KB, 679x851) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
344 KB, 679x851
>>14240332
Not a show, but this thing.
Hinted at for a whole volume and then jobs immediately.
>>
File: angry.gif (470 KB, 270x180) Image search: [Google]
angry.gif
470 KB, 270x180
>Laser cannon drains fuel
>Martial arts moon shattering J Quath buster woluf doesn't
>>
>>14240480
it raped a whole Virgo contingent before
>>
>>14240504
What drained the particles was "Full mode" which he was apparently spamming all match and is the reason he needed to recharge from his team mates as its effect is literally "Use all your particles at once".
>>
>>14240504
>>14240637

And also Build/try burning has absorb system so it can recharge its own damn particles and can never do more than run low at worst.

And it wasn't an actual 1/144 moon, it was a piece of background scenery the phoenix collided with when it hit the field border.
>>
>>14240651
Dont
just don't defend try's shit man
The particle consumption shit shouldn't have even been in the show in the first place
neither should assimilation,or the teams format, or these godawful mary sue builds that put the original series to shame, even though it's a bunch of middle schoolers and they aren't even at the world level
And Saga and Not Sleggar aren't fucking middle schoolers, why are they even there
Seriously man fuck this show, it makes less sense then the starwars prequels.
>>
>>14241542
It was in the first one too, it's just that power scaling actually made it matter more except for the MCs because they're exempt from anything
>>
>>14241542
>The particle consumption shit shouldn't have even been in the show in the first place
Particle consumption was a concern in the first show as well, they just didn't make as big of a deal out of it. Most matches shouldn't be practically decided by how economical your fighting style is.
>>
>>14241562
I remember particles needing to be absorbed to use bigger attacks but not attacks that make particles go down after one use.

damage makes sense loss of particles.
>>
>>14241562
>except for the MCs because they're exempt from anything
Pretty sure the first power warnings are in the Build Strike Full Package vs. Zaku Amazing fight. I wouldn't say the MCs were exempt, Mao's external particle use comes with wicked caveats, but it's more a question of how the fights were choreographed.
>>
tryon 3 losing is the worst thing to happen in try
>>
>>14241582
I meant in Try.
>>
>Yuma
>emotionally distraught after a horrible defeat and we're suppose to feel sympathy for him
>process to ride roughshod over people left and right and we're supposed to think it's cool
>>
>>14240612
no it didn't. it literally shows up for the first time in front of DSH, then proceeds to get wrecked by it.
>>
File: xbone skull hands.webm (621 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
xbone skull hands.webm
621 KB, 640x360
Build Burning's RG System was turned permanently on. The Plavsky particles were able to permeate it completely. This differs from the contemporary kits which have traditional GN Drives or fuel tanks. This explains Build Burning's unlimited power. Its only limitation is the fighter and build quality.

Also Crossbone was able to 1v2 and 1v1. That's fucking awesome.
>>
File: xbone 1v3.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
xbone 1v3.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>14241624

Quite possibly the highlight of the battle.
>>
>>14241609
and then Adou is just a "muh fight" guy. We didn't see him mocking his opponents.
>>
>>14241624
muh RG is no excuse, once that hits the metagame there is literally no way to fix such a clusterfuck. Not to mention it's incredibly lame since Sekai didn't build any part of it.

Crossbone was alright but the fight came off as very weak. Like you say >>14241629, that's the highlight of the battle and it's still shit-tier.
>>
File: lucas nemesis.jpg (182 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
lucas nemesis.jpg
182 KB, 1000x1250
>>14241624
I really liked Lucas, but the way the show hyped him up to be some European destroyer and all he did was get The End Gundam and Shia in yellow health and fight Wellfried as a pity match up was shitty.

Lucas should have destroyed Shia and The End Gundam to make him more intimidating.
>>
>>14241636
Sei has hit god tier building. Nobody else can make an RG system like that because snapfits exist.

Also Meijin not being aMeijin is the best
>>
>>14241634

the Academy kids where too good of sports honestly. I get they where trying to create friendly rivals like Feleni had but it ended up without any real antagonists at all. There was no reason to root for the Try fighters.

Sei and Reiji probably wouldn't be too bad off if they lost either but at least BF had a "bad guy" stacking the deck against them we wanted to see them win against. And then there was all the stuff with Aila.

Try had literally nothing happen
>>
While we're shitting on GBFT again, I just wanted to say Fumina's voice actor sucks. She tried too hard to be hotblooded and everything sounds so forced.

She just doesn't compare to Sei's VA.
>>
File: a exia trrans.webm (876 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
a exia trrans.webm
876 KB, 1440x810
>>14241649
This is similar to the reason why everyone doesn't just spam TRANS-AM

You have to scribe every single armor piece with pinpoint accuracy with the lines that appear in webm related or else Trans-Am won't work.

Wilfred creates his own "Transient Burst" which is just a variation of Trans-Am which doesn't require the scribing. It's definitely more flashy, but Trans-Am is faster for muh precision sword skills.
>>
File: 49918731_p3.png (524 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
49918731_p3.png
524 KB, 900x900
If only Wilfred had half the personality shown in this picture in the show, he might have actually had a character.
>>
>>14241672
Wait, really? Tatsuya must have a very strong gunpla autism.
>>
>>14241651
If they want to make a friendly rivals, they should make the characters bonding outside of the tournaments. That's the only thing Try lacked.
>>
File: 1454643909054.jpg (197 KB, 828x804) Image search: [Google]
1454643909054.jpg
197 KB, 828x804
>>14241690
Come on man
>>
File: sdr.png (922 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sdr.png
922 KB, 1280x720
>>14241698
>That's the only thing Try lacked.
>only
>>
>>14241672
That's BS man. It's just particle wankery. Nils implied that because he knew the particles inside and out no one could ever compete against the stuff he could make. Nils's astray didn't have a RG system - implying the crafftsmanship of the Sengoku Astray was nowhere near on par - and it was still on par with the SBS just because of particle manipulation.
>>
>>14241710
Knowing everything about Plavsky Particles =/= Building Skill
>>
File: surprise xbone.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
surprise xbone.webm
2 MB, 480x270
IMO this was good too because it put this fucker in his place.
>>
>>14241704

Poor, Fuuka. She's such a nice girl too. A nice girl with big fat legs.
>>
>>14241720
That fight was the dumbest shit. How did he have a MS that used so much energy that it needed 2 external suits to recharge, yet Transient Burst was able to overpower it anyway?

And he spent the entire episode just running around, while the Transient was blowing up fucking mountains.
>>
>>14241744
GN Drives. I aint gonna explain shit
>>
File: Lucas got no particles.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Lucas got no particles.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>14241720
really? he was getting beaten the entire fight, shia's return to do nothing but shoot his battery. It was pointless and ruin lucas's cool core fighter "kill"
>>
>>14241746
>GN Drives.

I seriously have no idea how this came works in regards to build and lore.
>>
>>14241672
We saw other gunpla use transam though, and from builders obviously not as good. Exia amazings transam was just full autismo literally built in a space station according to the kit manual tier of tuned up.

Transam itself is probably available to any gn drive kit but at a reduced performance in comparison.
>>
>>14241755
>I seriously have no idea how this came works in regards to build and lore.
GN drives make energy, but they need to store it. Build-fags would basically be running on really primitive GN battery tech. Ideally, a GN drive would replenish particles if a player was able to hide and recharge for a while, but the timelimits on these matches would negate that being a serious advantage.
>>
>>14241760
I've watched the show twice. Only Exia uses Trans-Am.

The times Kyrios, Dynames, and Virtue showed up they didn't use Trans Am.
>>
>>14241744
See >>14240637

Full mode completely drains your kits particles in exchange for massively boosted performance, the director just sucks at portraying this. He used it multiple times across the match and had to keep refueling. He lost in the end because he didn't have time for a decent recharge again before they were interupted.
>>
>>14240332
jobbed to the more popular 00 suit, what else is new?
>>
File: SOqQ2Pj.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SOqQ2Pj.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>14241769
The first match of the nationals in Try. A recolored kyrios uses transam. It got outsped by lightning FB without lightning even needing to swap to wave rider.
>>
>>14241776
Lightning sounds like a really bad donut steel.

>Is named "Lightning"
>Faster than Trans-AM
>Customized grunt suit
>>
>>14241769
You mean 00 or Gunpla Build Fighters Tryhard?
>>
>>14240637
Sounds like bullshit they made up after the fact. It never showed higher performance than the Nemesis trio.

They just made the Nemesis trio retarded.

>SHE'S DANCING ON THE BEAMS SHE'S AMAZING
>oh no Shia's in trouble against these basic ass attacks from a core fighter
>>
>>14241770
yeah that thin excuse yet Wilfred and Sekai can blow up the damn earth in the final episode and not have a single thing talk about particle consumption or any of the Denial/Burning super kung-fu finishers taking up particles.

the particle consumption is a one episode deal, they mention it in the final episode with Yuuma iirc but half of his machine was destroyed and he was dead in the water. and Tryon 3 after his finisher attack but it makes sense with Tryon 3, its 3 suits combining into one super robot.
>>
>>14241766
GN drives giving unlimited particles is never once stated or implied in series. Its something people in threads came up with to pile onto the complaints about too many 00 gunpla in Try.

The same deal with Star Winning gundams generators.
>>
>>14241748
In every skirmish lucas came out on top despite uneven odds. He knocked Shia out for the majority of the match first, and then afterwards landed a major blow against The End to the point where he knew he couldn't beat the FC 1v1 at the final part and sat out to let Wilfred handle it. And even Wilfred acknowledged that if fc had a full charge he would have lost the final part of the battle.
>>
>>14241806
>came out on top despite uneven odds
he did hit and runs. yeah he didn't get smashed into the ground but it was clearly a one sided fight and Lucas hadn't a chance in hell of winning.
>>
>>14241781
Yuuma wasn't the one out of particles in the final match. Fumina's star winning was. Yuuma actually recharged her partially so she could keep fighting.

And the particle stuff comes up in 4 matches in the nationals.
>>
>>14241617
No,, it appeared before that. It killed a shitload of Virgo.
>>
>>14240332
The entire Mazinkaiser movie was just one long series of disappointments, with Majin Kenzan being the only bright spot
>>
>>14241825
>And the particle stuff comes up in 4 matches in the nationals.

Near the end. Look when you do a GAME/SPORTS anime you really have to establish your rules early on. Otherwise it just feels like you're making shit up on the fly. And you are.

It's easier with actual sports anime because we all know the rules already but you still really should have explained this shit at the start.
>>
File: 1456069554866.png (519 KB, 762x647) Image search: [Google]
1456069554866.png
519 KB, 762x647
>F91 Imagine has no problems using Back Jet Stream, keeping up with Exia Amazing and firing VSBRs at the same time
>Fumina's SD Abomination fires cannons from every orifice and has no problems
>Somehow we're supposed to believe Full Cloth's "Full mode" is a major energy drain
>>
>>14242190

you know the real sad part is if Build Burning had energy problems it would be the necessary flaw to make Sekai tolerable and really force cooperation.
>>
>>14242194
But that would be good writing and require Sekai to develop as a character. Can't have that. It would also force the show to not be 3 1v1 matches.

The fact that people are trying to rationalize the GN Drives being broken as shit is a problem. If they are that fucking good, why aren't all the tournament level users using them? If GN Drives are going to be presented at that good either everyone needs to use them or they need to be banned.
>>
>>14242226
>It would also force the show to not be 3 1v1 matches.

No, quite the opposite. If anything It would actually make 3v3 work. With a limit on fuel and ammo you have to plan ahead, use actual tactics, exploit openings, you'd have to cover for your teammates so they can back off and recharge if needed.

by setting limits you open up possibilities.
>>
>>14242233
He said "Three 1v1 matches". The staff didn't know how to make team battle works and the director is a shitter. They have no intention to make 3v3 at all, that's why every Try Fighters suit is OP. That's also why they invented Tryon. Less mech means less burden.
>>
>>14242233
>Then they should've made it 2v2. You can model the fights off of the Gundam VS games, more screentime for each combatant, and there's still opportunities for tactics and teamwork. Plus, you can balance teams based on combined performance (IE: Full Cloth gets a jobber partner to balance how powerful it is).

To take it a step further, keep the 3-pilot teams, so teams can counter pick pilots based on the enemy lineup, and Team Try still get screentime.

Even better
>>
>>14242296
Full cloth getting a partner in a 2v2 format that isn't a jobber would be even more hype.
2v2 would've been infinitely better.
>dat nobell/shining team
>unicorn and sazabi team
>basically any protag/rival in all the gundam series being a possible teamup
but nah have some chicken howru
>>
>>14240332

Try will never be as good as GBF, Anon

Even if it's as close as Sunrise said, and showrunners managed to salvage it

Even if they managed to somehow pull off another sequel as good as GBF

The day will come when you'll realize

Maybe it will be something that sequel says, or does

Try and other sequels are not GBF, and never could compare

They're a shadow, nothing but cheap imitations

And you will despise the series for that
>>
>>14245053
It's a shame because the first episode of Try is actually really good and held a lot of promise, but there was no way but down from there
>>
File: Full Cloth anime....png (919 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Full Cloth anime....png
919 KB, 1280x720
>>14245053
>Try will never be as good as GBF, Anon
course not, but that one fight, just that fight, I was so looking forward to the Full Cloth's debut animated fight and all i got was shit.
>>
>>14242190

>F91 Imagine has no problems using Back Jet Stream, keeping up with Exia Amazing and firing VSBRs at the same time

yfw Julian is actually forced to repaint his F-91 Imagine once in a while since using MEPE/Back Jet Stream (what kind of a name is Back Jet Stream anyway?) actually sheds a very thin layer of paint every time until the F-91 is back to bare plastic / primered kit
>>
>>14245134

They should've let Lucas totally wrecked the Transient and Wilfred, but lost as the Celestial Sphere still had more units surviving at the end of the match.

This way, Lucas and the Crossbone would retain their badass cred despite losing the match.
>>
I probably would have liked Try if they made it like Hiakyu in that it's all in fun and there's no real shitlords. Also that the main characters actually fucking lose.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mmsqgThHUs
>>
>>14245209
But then they couldn't hype Transient and Wilfried
>>
>>14245176
It wasn't unusual in the show for the battlers to routinely have to touch up and repaint their gunpla due to damage from the battles anyways. Sei had entire sets of spare scratchbuilt parts and was shown painting the build strike multiple times.

Those little hotel rooms they were staying in even had spraybooths built into the wall.
>>
>>14245250
Well his gunpla does look like shit.
>>
File: 7.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>get excited about the Sanger/Wodan fight
>Obari even tweets that the team is working hard on it
>turns out the episode is more School shit again and the fight is barely shown
>what's there of it looks like this

Seriously the only bad thing about the series.
>>
>>14240332
Has it really been a year?
>>
The last episode suprised me by being actually fun. Where was that the rest of the show?
>>
>>14245053
>Try will never be as good as GBF, Anon

How far did you all get before you realized the show was never gonna get better.

I mean Im pretty forgiving. I understand the show had a rough development phase, I was happy to give it time to find it's footing. So how far did you get before you realized it was never going to improve?
>>
>>14245611
When the sister did Chicken How're You. In a micro bearguy. Against an Edgy Turn A Gundumb. And won.
>>
>>14241582
Mao inherited the spirit of A E S T H E T I C S the second he used the X as his base. The Crossbone/X hybrid was just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>14245448

It played the "Shounen Tournament" cliches way too straight and it didn't fanwank enough. Well, S1 played the "Shounen Tournament" cliches straight enough as well but overall S1 didn't offend /m/ that much and didn't cause /m/ to implode unlike Try
>>
>>14241645
>and Shia in yellow health
Because of that fucking bullshit repair system

I still can't believe that Lucas is the kid from BF that got yelled at by Aila.
>>
The Peacock Smasher is awesome in Gundam Breaker.
>>
It was a non-custom, it was pretty much forcasted to job.

I think the worst part to me though, was how it lost for 'particle depletion' reasons, when the team it was facing probably did the most particle intensive shit in the show barring the build burning.
>>
>>14245219
The main characters never losing was a problem in the original too.
Probably even worse because at least individual members of Try could lose.
Single elimination tournaments are the bane of any actual drama or tension.
>>
Do you think the final boss of the next show will be exia again for no fucking reason
>>
>>14245701
hope not, tired of 00 villain dudes. How about an all new original unit or something not 00. a Bertigo custom would be cool
>>
>>14245703
>Final boss of next show is an IBO suit
I'm calling it now
>>
>>14245709
>inb4 its a Graze with Johnny Ridden-tier coolness
>>
>>14245700

The key difference is that the BF team had an actual antagonist to see the boys want to win against.

What's more thanks to the free form nature of the tournament we got a lot of moments where they would team up with Mao or Felleni. It wasn't just them curb stomping everyone in fights. They had baseball games and battle royals

them winning rescued Aila from her shitty life and her losing actually was important for her arc.

What's more they did have a nasty lose against Yuki early on. It drove them to get better and it stung for them.

And yes I know Minato beat Sekai with that snap build fight but the key difference is Sekai didn't learn a damn thing. He Goku'd it and went YAAAAAAAAAAY I GET TO FIGHT AGAIN

No one actually expects the protagonists to lose but at least in BF there was character stuff going on to where you can get caught up in and forget for a minute
>>
>>14245717
>No one actually expects the protagonists to lose but at least in BF there was character stuff going on to where you can get caught up in and forget for a minute

>Flashbacks to the Fenice vs SBS draw
>>
>>14245709
Probably not. Try ignored AGE and G-reco in favor of another Exia.
>>
>>14245733
Yes but IBO is apparently a popular series, whereas AGE and G-Reco were very varied in their reception.
>>
>>14245733
It has to do with the deals they make with the station dealing with a certain amount of time passing before they are allowed to use the mobile suit in something else. They couldn't put 00 suits in GBF for that reason iirc.
>>
>>14241629
check out the animation error on the front skirts after they retract
>>
>>14245763
>They couldn't put 00 suits in GBF for that reason iirc.

I'm guessing they cleared it up though otherwise the Dark Matter Exia as the final boss refutes that.
>>
>>14245744
>AGE and G-Reco were very varied in their reception
Is that a politically correct way of saying they were shit? Because they were shit.

>>14245763
Only 00S2. S1 was fair game, and you could (they did) make the argument that Exia R2 isn't a S2 suit, but a S1 MSV.
>>
>>14245778
It was only the S2 units effected. The custom exis R2 appeared literally like 1 day after the contract expired iirc. Sunrise timed that shit precisely.
>>
>>14245780
>Is that a politically correct way of saying they were shit? Because they were shit.

Yeah, I know that there are at least one or two anons out there who would defend that shit with their lives man.
>>
>>14245744
I thought I read that IBO had an even lower viewership than G-reco?
>>
>>14245794
What, G-Reco? Maybe, if you can accept blind Tomino wankery as quality. AGE? I can't think of any redeeming features.
>>
>>14245728
>>Flashbacks to the Fenice vs SBS draw

that was the best part of the show

>i didn't build you to sit on a shelf
>>
File: animation error.png (365 KB, 620x316) Image search: [Google]
animation error.png
365 KB, 620x316
>>14245775
>AFTER IMAGES WITH MASS
>>
>>14245815
I guess your opinions are fact, huh?
>>
>>14245846
Damn straight, son.
>>
>>14245851
It seems we've reached an impasse, then.
>>
>>14240332
I liked this episode a lot, but I don't know anything about gundam mangas so I just enjoyed the fight.
>>
File: desil.png (179 KB, 527x250) Image search: [Google]
desil.png
179 KB, 527x250
What a fucking waste.

>Shit hot prodigy pilot as a little kid
>Build up a huge grudge between him and Flit
>They both meet again when they're all grown up, stage is set for a hot rematch
>Wow it's nothing
>>
So, when Season 3 rolls around and YOU KNOW IT WILL, do you guys have any hopes for it at all?
>>
File: sayonara.png (340 KB, 804x453) Image search: [Google]
sayonara.png
340 KB, 804x453
>>14246134
>>
>>14246134
>1v1 battles
>Protagonist that grows as a character and fighter
>No spammy punch or kick moves
>No finishers at all
>Either have particles matter all the time or not at all
>More grounded battles like season 1 without the over the top moon and planet destroying bullshit
>More Gundam cameos
>More custom units instead of original donut steel
>No fucking SD shit
>Stop with the 00 masturbation
>>
>>14246134
Minato needs to realize how terrible that Fumina Gundam was and go back to what made me root for him: another Super Robot.
>>
>>14246147
>Stop wanking 00
>Wank IBO instead
SDs are cute
>>
File: 1423684620282.jpg (103 KB, 634x356) Image search: [Google]
1423684620282.jpg
103 KB, 634x356
>>14246164
>Minato finds a friend who likes cheesy Super Robot things like him
>they join up with him making a comprimary robot which combines with Minato's gunpla for Victory Saber/Max God Dancouga moments
>>
>>14246134
Season 3, when are the damn OVAs supposed to come out?
>>
>Arian's counter attack

that sounded a lot less Hitlery in my head
>>
>>14245616
>When the sister did Chicken How're You. In a micro bearguy. Against an Edgy Turn A Gundumb. And won.
But that was one of the best episodes, because it went back to the fun hijinks of the first season.
>>
>>14246180
IBO doesn't have enough unique units and the units don't really have unique characteristics. For 00 wank you just need to slap a GN Drive on something and make them seem super awesome. IBO's engine isn't anything unique as Psycho Frames and Biosensors do it better.
>>
>>14246206

maybe but it felt like a waste of an episode considering how pointless a character one-chan was
>>
>>14246134
How can I be sure that it will?

>>14246180
You mean
>wank UC instead
But nobody actually minds that, I forgot. Try was bad about having anything other than 00 and UC in it honestly.
>>
>>14246216
>how pointless a character one-chan was
>pointless
I wouldn't say that anon. The porn was worth it
>>
>>14246225
Not even that. Gyanko, Fumina and Shia have better porn.
>>
>>14246267

even they weren't as good as the BF girls
>>
>>14246225
Her porn is garbage. Doesn't help that her character design is so boring as is her personality.
>>
>>14245440
>Sanger

Man fuck Sanger and Ratsel.

They are boring as fuck.
>>
Maurice pretends to be a cool comfy and friendly guy, but his finishing move [COMFY CRUSHER] isn't comfy at all. It is only comfy for him (because he's the one doing the crushing).

I would reconsider my opinion if he could make the crushing comfy for me (the one being crushed).
>>
>>14246134

If they bring it back to being about actual rivalry again, sure. If they announce a Baund Doc, then I'll ride along with it no matter what.
>>
>>14245700
Didn't they lose against the Zaku Amazing, and that race? I don't know how you'd want to count the Fellini fight. But there's also scenes early on of them training and getting beat up
>>
>>14246400
Toku isn't /m/
>>
>>14246134
I want Byralant bad guy. have the cameo dude not be Mr. Ral have it be someone else. Like Setsuna Him running around saying "i'm gunpla" would be fun or have Garma be the Zeon no body to show up.
>>
>>14240332
>Sugita is finally in a Gundam show!
>he doesn't pilot his own custom Gundam

Fuck. This. Shit.
>>
I honestly don't know how anyone can defend this fight in Try. It's not even this fight, all of Try is wracked with huge problems, but the Crossbone fight is so dumb even on a conceptual level that it defies belief.

Just think about it like this. Literally only a couple episodes before do they introduce this character, who was never mentioned in Try previous to now or even alluded to in any way. He is one of the few characters with a connection to the first season. He is also portrayed as absolutely unstoppable, an undefeated genius who can body the top guys in gunpla battle with practically OOB shit. He 3v1s people like it's nothing and people get terrified just being around him because of his overpowering presence.

Then, in the very next episode, he is IMMEDIATELY on the run for the entire fight fleeing because he's being ganged up on 3v1 and his mech needs to suck down Red Bulls every 5 minutes to keep functioning while Wilfrid is farting nuclear explosions like it's nothing. Every member of Team Edgy is supposed to be a monster and they simultaneously look like bullies ganging up on Lucas, and incompetent because they're unable to deal with core fighter attacks and him basically kicking and punching them.

Even the end when Wilfrid goes full DBZ is retarded because he didn't even have to do that, Shia comments they could all just finish Lucas and he has no hope of winning. he was just showing off. Lucas never had a shot. We all knew he would lose, but they rub it in, and he never had a chance. And then he just fucking fades into the background. Why even put him in the show at all?

The whole thing was just so fucking stupid on so many levels.
>>
>>14246134
Characters and fights that are as fun as the first season. Less team stuff. New suits from G-Reco.
>>
>>14245611
>How far did you all get before you realized the show was never gonna get better.
That very episode.

I did come back to see Crossbone, but >>14248320 already displayed my opinion on that.
>>14248320
>>
>>14246164
Both Fumina Gundam and Tryon 3 are SR as fuck though, Tryon 3 is def best choice no argument here.
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.