[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Eden good? Found the first 5 volumes on some bookstore and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Eden.jpg (67 KB, 353x502) Image search: [Google]
Eden.jpg
67 KB, 353x502
Is Eden good? Found the first 5 volumes on some bookstore and they're some thick books.
>>
>>14239641
I remember reading this.
It's one of the those that doesn't give you a lot of closure, but that's kinda the point.
It was okay.
>>
>>14239641
I haven't read it but I only heard great things.
I would certainly buy it if they weren't so hard to find.
>>
>>14239641
yeah I read it. It's pretty boring honestly. I don't remember much about it, I don't think I even finished it.
>>
>>14239641
It's pretty good until the instrumentality-virus crystaline hivemind and the genetically engineered Jésus start teleporting people around while a loli-/shota-cyborg team kill named characters.

As the first dude said, don't expect any actual closure, just read until you feel like quitting. The mecha's great and it's decently entertaining until everything gets too ridiculous.
>>
>>14239842
And yet, in spite of all the weird scifi concepts, it's all pretty drab and dull.
>>
>>14239641
>Is Eden good?
Fuck no. First 8 volumes are engaging and then the time skip happens and it becomes complete fucking shit.
>>
>>14239737
>>14239775
>>14239842
>>14239847
>>14240046
Seems very hit-or-miss falling on the miss side.

Might buy the first or two books and give it a shot.
>>
>>14240501
Nah, just read it on MangaFox or somewhere. Don't bother buying it.
>>
Bleecchhhh.

I hate the trope of partially disassembled android girls. It's like an /m/ proxy for guro. Nasty.
>>
>>14241237
Jesus, could you sound any gayer?
>>
File: 1451149720053-0.jpg (33 KB, 637x383) Image search: [Google]
1451149720053-0.jpg
33 KB, 637x383
>>14241237
That post would work well as an example of how not to post if you don't want to look like a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>14241237
Back to
>>>/tumblr/

with you, faggot
>>
>>14240501
read it online as the volume is completed. just one warning, it ended with feels.

try search another Hiroki Endoh works, where one of his manga work do related to Eden storyline, afaik.

& fuck my rig keyboard, things just don't work as previously.
>>
>>14239641
Reading it for all the cute girls alone is worth it.
>>
>>14241344
yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Bj0RtUxXM
>>
It was a disjointed mess that tried to do way too much.
>>
>>14242533
Gotta be honest, this is the first thing I read where sex and love are not the same time and people who are not in love fuck.
Still sad to learn she dies
>>
File: sad Keanu.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sad Keanu.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>14243844
the most hitting hard moment was Elijah sister died when mission almost end.
fuck Hiroki Endo for giving those feels.
>>
I feel like the series hits some pretty interesting themes and plot points, but either the translations are poor or Endo can't write and everything gets jumbled.

If someone else adapted this or slimmed it down then this could be a classic on the genre
>>
File: eden.jpg (2 MB, 833x7186) Image search: [Google]
eden.jpg
2 MB, 833x7186
I have a soft spot for his art style.
>>
its good, some people dont like the ending and the timeskips.
>>
>>14239641
I liked the parts about operators operating operationaly and the cyborgs/robots.
>>
>>14245602
Check out his latest thing, All Rounder Meguru. Cool ass MMA manga.
>>
>>14241237
>It's like an /m/ proxy for guro.
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
Eden is a great manga regardless of whether you look for cyberpunk, mecha, operators operating operationally in the opera, or just a wonderful rollercoaster of depression and disappointment in humanity.

>>14245602
That sniper was a mad sadist.
>>
It's a fucking bummer, man. There are rays of hope and it ends on a debatably positive note, but there are some sadistic deaths for sadistic deaths sake. It's not Bokurano's levels of despair, but it wants to be.

Also, naked aprons.
>>
>>14239641
It's good until the writer decides to change the entire setting and plot from an Appleseed-lite battlefield to a brothel. The worst part is once you get used to the change, he changes it again to something different. I honestly regret reading it because it keeps stringing you along for a very disappointing an info-dumpy ending.

Also the print publication has stopped, so if you buy you'll only be able to get the first ten volumes before moving on to fan translations.
>>
>>14245433
You can practically make a game of what movie Endo read probably watched before any major shift in the manga. It touches on some interesting shit, that's been done way better in other media that Endo was probably watching at the time.
>>
>>14252413
Really? It finished here in Poland and I'm pretty sure both german and french translations managed that as well.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.