[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you originally liked SEED when it came out but hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: somebody's gonna get raped.jpg (228 KB, 985x695) Image search: [Google]
somebody's gonna get raped.jpg
228 KB, 985x695
How many of you originally liked SEED when it came out but hate it now?
>>
I still like it (SEED, not Destiny).
>>
huh.

Don't care much about it but i've just realized that I've fapped to over a decade of Gundam SEED hentai.
>>
>>14238256
>fapping to old doujinshi
Brings back memories, doesn't it?

>>14238245
I watched it for the first time a month ago or so. SEED isn't as bad as people say it is. It's bad, but the unintentional comedy is great, and some of the characters are great too. Kira isn't as much of a cunt yet, and Mwu and Rau are both great. Surprisingly solid dub too.

Destiny is trash though.
>My mobile phone!
>>
>>14238218

It was the second Gundam I saw fully after Wing, and probably helped cement my love of mecha. I don't think I could ever watch either all the way through again though and have never tried. I don't hate either, but there's nothing in the way of plot or characters I can recall from either I'd want to re-experience after 10+ years. Anything I like has been done better by other shows I've seen in the mean time and I guess my tastes have just moved on since then.
>>
>>14238284
>Surprisingly solid dub too
It's certainly an improvement over Jap Kira.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWjfbUfcJUM
>>
I can't stand hiraiface
>>
Back in the day, I was all "another Gundam? How long has it been since Wing?" but I couldn't get into it since I first found it during the desert arc. The ending preempted one of my shows though (YTV played the last two episodes together), so I watched it and thought it was pretty good. But when YTV went to air Destiny I didn't watch it, mainly because I didn't watch the first show and didn't want to be locked out of the continuity.

But for the most part, I never really paid much attention to it. I bought Never Ending Tomorrow for the mecha action, hated the gameplay but loved the Astray units. Blue Frame Second L has been a favorite of mine ever since.
>>
Even ten years ago I knew from the character's faces that it can't be good
>>
File: 1323748955537.jpg (170 KB, 651x1000) Image search: [Google]
1323748955537.jpg
170 KB, 651x1000
Even back in 2002, I hated it for all the stupid teen melodrama, it felt like the show wasn't even targeted towards the right demographic. Of course, most Gundam shows are far from being masterpieces (or even "good") in their own right, but even over a decade later, after having watched virtually all the animated works, the SEED-verse still sticks out to me as one of the more ill-conceived entries in the franchise.

Certainly it did its job of creating a new generation of Gundam fans (especially given how hard it is to get spoiled teens to watch anything made in the 80's or earlier, making UC much harder to use as a gateway series), but even they must admit that SEED is a very flawed show. The characters and the mecha look pretty for its time (and even afterward), and the teen-edgy attitude of the show perhaps helped garner fans as well, but were the writing, budget and direction better-handled it might not have crashed and burned at Destiny.
>>
>>14238218
I saw SEED for the first time in January and Destiny in February, I liked both. They were the last full series Gundam I saw too, I only have TRY left and I'm waiting for the BDs to be finished
>>
>>14238218
>That Deaka's hand

You just know
>>
>>14238218
I still like it. It's just Destiny I find blergh, but I like the suits in it so it's a conundrum.

I used to viscerally hate Destiny, back when it was coming out. It's mellowed out over the years. I still despise Shinn tho.
>>
File: seed.png (128 KB, 520x189) Image search: [Google]
seed.png
128 KB, 520x189
>>14238218
I hated it by the time they reached Alaska

Fuck Nicol. He spent half the series trying to murder you and your friends, why should I think him dying is a bad thing?

and then Destiny was somehow worse.

Mwu and some of the mech designs(the ones they didn't recycle anyway) were the only good things about that universe
>>
>>14238320
Jap Kira is painful to listen to.
>>
>>14240219
>That constant shout crying
>>
>>14238218
SEED is still one of my favourite 50 ep shows. I watch it sometimes on the way to work.

There's just something appealing about stupid teenage drama juxtaposed with war crimes happening somewhere just slightly offscreen.
>>
File: 42718394_p0.jpg (237 KB, 598x473) Image search: [Google]
42718394_p0.jpg
237 KB, 598x473
>>14238218
I watched SEED for the first time about a month ago and I thought it was actually pretty fun. Though it would greatly benefit from a lower episode count for sure. Definitely flawed, but not enough to be offensive.
Going to watch Destiny soon, hope that one also defies my low expectations.
>>
>>14240345
>first twenty or so episodes of Destiny
Hey this is pretty good, I don't see what the rest of /m/ is complaining about

>the rest of destiny.
Fuck Fukuda.
>>
>>14240345
>Going to watch Destiny soon, hope that one also defies my low expectations.

If you liked Cagalli, you're probably going to be immensely frustrated for the entire first half of the show.

For the latter half you're going to surpass frustration.
>>
>>14238218
I thought it was okay.
Though I was a kid who did not have an eye for stock footage yet.
>>
File: 3418705_p0.jpg (68 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3418705_p0.jpg
68 KB, 300x300
>>14240412
I'm guess that's when Kira comes back? I've seen various complaints on /m/ over the years about Destiny, mostly dealing with the Kira stuff, so I suppose that's what I should be worried about.
>>14240418
Didn't care much for Cagalli, so I don't think that would be much of a problem. She was better than Flay at least.
That's a bonus point for SEED, Flay's death was immensely satisfying.
>>
>>14240465
>Didn't care much for Cagalli

Oh, in that case you're just going to be frustrated for most of the show
>>
>>14238871
Yzak looks mad.
>>
>>14238218
Seed is better then IBO and Build Fighters Try at least.
>>
>>14240478
Yzak always looks mad.
>>
>>14240465
>Flay's death was immensely satisfying.
This. You think Kira's done his hero routine and blocked the shot with his shield, but then Rau just zips his funnel around to the back and shoots her anyway and has a giggle about it. So cathartic.
>>
>>14238218

I actually hate it less now because Seed Destiny and IBO exists. It has bright spots too like the vehicles' designs. The GATX gundams were pretty nice on their own.
>>
>>14240610
>GATX

Yeah pretty much this. Admittedly, I like the Freedom's design too.

Especially the MG 2.0
>>
>>14240478
Typical Yzak though, tsundere for the chocolate man, so nothing to be worry about
>>
>>14238851
This is odd, because it was a similar circumstance with me. I avoided them both and eventually watched them last because everyone shat on them but I enjoyed both of them.
>>
>>14238218

I couldn't bare to look at it then. I still makes my eyes water. Maybe I should wait for another 10 years?
>>
>>14241417
It will only get worse with time, anon.
>>
File: 1457811447476.gif (2 MB, 700x448) Image search: [Google]
1457811447476.gif
2 MB, 700x448
>>14240493
I can't begrudge this because I share this opinion.

Seed was pretty good up until Kira "dies" and gets reborn as some kind of divine messenger. After that it just becomes tolerable. Destiny also had good parts but it was mostly shit. That said, it was one of the shows I actually watched to completion unlike the newer shows.

Pic related is a show I couldn't finish.
>>
>>14240478
>>14240494
I always loved that Yzak's casual greeting was "You bastard!"
>>
>>14242551
I-is there context for this gif?
>>
>>14242633
Nature taking it's own course.
>>
>>14238218
I love modular suits and I fell in love with the Strike from minute one, but then I woke up and realized that I really didn't like anything else that was going on.
Recently I did actually watch the whole of seed from start to finish and honestly, I don't think I missed much of anything.
Strike still sweet as hell though.
>>
>>14242633
The audience realising Bellri was cute.
>>
File: ImpulseGATTAI.webm (2 MB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
ImpulseGATTAI.webm
2 MB, 720x576
It was okay. But I liked Destiny more. It is one of my favorite Gundam series along with 0079, Turn A, and G-Reco.

The reason is that Destiny is stupidly entertaining.
>Shinn
>Lunamaria
>Meer
>Cheap drama
>Good songs
>Wasted MS designs
>Impulse GATTAI
>Space Whale
>Shinn
>Lunamaria
>Meer

Also
>wasted potential
The first 12 episodes were actually pretty good.

WebM theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ1D2DMRNzQ
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.