[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gundam Unicorn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: gundam unicorn.jpg (422 KB, 1422x1406) Image search: [Google]
gundam unicorn.jpg
422 KB, 1422x1406
Help a slow anon out, /m/. On rewatching Unicorn 0096, did Full Frontal intend for Banager to steal the Gundam and monitor its signals to find the La+ box? Why could he not pilot it himself if it was not stolen?

Also, NT-D being intended to kill newtypes - Why would the Vist foundation, which was intended to advance the idea of newtypes as the new human spreading empathy and understanding, want something that will make them obsolete? So that they are no longer used as tools of war?

Also, I am a dumbass but the new type moment with Marida was still moving.
>>
It takes a true newtype (and not just the super jedi variety, but the kind who can mediate between others without being defined by ideologies or memes or whatever; essentially, someone neutral and empathic) to tame the NT-D and make it an extension of their self rather than the newtype rape automaton it would be under anyone else's control.
>>
>>14236453
Interesting. So that is why it must be Banager.
>>
>>14236580
There's also the fact that Cardeas locked the Unicorn to Banana, so it's not like anybody else can use the thing.
>>
>>14236618
Was Cardeas always planning on using Banana as the pilot though?

Or was Full Frontal going to be the pilot?
>>
>>14236410
Gundam Hug is cute. Gundam should hug more mobile suits. Also, could Banana
>>
>>14236648
Could Banana not use his NT-D field extension to grab black gundam's psychoframe?

Or does it only work against funnels?
>>
File: 122.png (2 MB, 1276x1512) Image search: [Google]
122.png
2 MB, 1276x1512
>>14236410
>did Full Frontal intend for Banager to steal the Gundam and monitor its signals to find the La+ box?
Yes, he says so almost word for word, pic related

>Why could he not pilot it himself if it was not stolen?
The Unicorn only works with Banagher's biometrics.
https://youtu.be/zQpaRSFddqU?t=14m3s
Youtube link since I can't be bothered to take download episode 3 again and take a screenshot

>>14236645
It's probably only works on the person whose biometrics it's linked to, like in the link above. Cardeas probably changed his mind
>>
File: 124.jpg (880 KB, 1264x3576) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
880 KB, 1264x3576
>>14236453
No, it doesn't. Frontal says this in the last ep. I would say Banagher is a natural newtype + a cyber-newtype, as shown by those experiments his father did on him as a child in the flashbacks he gets every now and then

>>14236410
>Why would the Vist foundation, which was intended to advance the idea of newtypes as the new human spreading empathy and understanding, want something that will make them obsolete? So that they are no longer used as tools of war?

Because when you can create a weapon that can defeat natural newtypes, using technologically made newtypes and weaponry, then everyone can be a newtype, I guess.
>>
>>14236708
>Because when you can create a weapon that can defeat natural newtypes, using technologically made newtypes and weaponry, then everyone can be a newtype, I guess.

I am not sure if I follow.
>>
>>14236667
Thanks anon!
>>
How is that the first prime minister is from the same family as the current one? Oligarchy?
>>
>>14236767
He's saying if you make everyone a Newtype, then no one's a Newtype.
>>
>>14236802
I see, that works.

Although I am not sure even if everyone achieve a newtype's perfect empathy, whether they would stop fighting because of that. I fear it will just lead to feeling bad about killing the enemy but they will all obey command still.
>>
>>14236817
>Although I am not sure even if everyone achieve a newtype's perfect empathy

Again, like Frontal says : "What exactly is a 'pure' Newtype? No one has the answer to that".

Anyway, Cyber-Newtypes, Anon. Given that Cyber-Newtypes are designed, you can easily just make one without the extreme empathy.
The way I see it, Full Frontal's idea was that if Cyber-Newtypes can become powerful and superior enough to defeat naturally occurring Newtypes, then the concept of Newtypes as envisioned by say, Zeon Zum Deikun, becomes irrelevant and "consigned to history".
Newtypes are no longer an issue in how absolutely vague the term is, if you *create* the standard for Newtypes.
Frontal's idea was to create a Colony Co-Prosperity Sphere for (cyber)Newtype Spacenoids only and excluding the Earth falls exactly in line with Char Aznable's end goal from CCA - make everyone Newtypes by forcing them into space by destroying Earth. Banagher is to Full Frontal as Amuro is to Char - Humanity making its own decision vs Forcing humanity to evolve.
>>
>>14236776
Political families, happens all the time in real life too. Look at the Bushes, Clintons, Kennedys, and probably countless more in various parliamentary positions.
>>
>>14236944
Interesting, thank you anon! It makes more sense now.
>>
>>14236944
So char's ideals of new type inheriting power in space is actually very different from the founder's idea of perfect empathy new types ending all wars? Char's ideals are for human evolution in terms of combat potential instead of understanding?
>>
>>14237558
Very hard to say, really. I would have to rewatch Z, CCA and all of Unicorn to be able to give you a clear answer on that. I think Char wanted people to to force become Newtypes so they could understand each other, but he went about it the wrong way by trying to destroy Earth.

Full Frontal is, like he says himself, just a vessel for the ideas of Neo Zeon. By being able to create defined Cyber-Newtypes that are superior to regular ones (a project that has been in the making since right after the OYW), he can automatically claim superiority over Earth and other Spacenoids (and hell, the thing in Laplace's Box will lend even more credibility to his claims).
It seems to be a mix of the Zabi ideas of some sort of Spacenoid master race and a perverted version of Char's ideals in the Second Neo Zeon War. It's why Mineva says that Full Frontal cannot be the real Char, since his motivation isn't to create a society that understands each other, but to create a society that works on the basis of exclusion, power, and apparent racial superiority. He didn't have arguably good intentions hiding behind wicked actions like Char. He's just a shell - seemingly perfect on the outside, but on the inside he's just hollow. The people who made Full Frontal who he is probably misunderstood Char's goals.

This is just my take on things though, I'm certain I'm probably getting a few things wrong
>>
>>14239518
Sometimes I love Gundam Philosophy. Thanks anon!
>>
>>14239518
>>14239575

>By being able to create defined Cyber-Newtypes that are superior to regular ones

Full Frontal never talked about cyber-newtype's superiority. What is he giving to the people is "What people wanted" for create this "Co-propsperity sphere" of colonies excluding the Earth. The OVA didn't explore the back story of Full Frontal but in the novel he was a cyber-newtype created by the political forces in the Republic of Zeon who is trying to gain political leverage over the Federation through the Laplace box. That is why he calls himself a vassal, because he is fully aware that he is merely a tool.
>>
>>14236776
Riddhe's dad wasnt the prime minister, he was Chairman of the Settlement Issues Council under the EF General Assembly. the Marcenas family was already wealthy and powerful by the time the UC started, hes there for the same reason we have the wife of a former US President running for president now.
>>
>>14239632
>Full Frontal never talked about cyber-newtype's superiority.
I know he didn't, but I took it as an implied superiority.
He says in the latest episode, that when Newtypes can be beaten by man-made technology (the Cyber-Newtype powered Unicorn), that is the moment they are consigned to history. Naturally occurring Newtypes are irrelevant if you can just create a kind that's better with technology.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.