[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
June 24, 2016 The day the second coming will be confirmed. Where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: imashinextshowleak.png (190 KB, 486x278) Image search: [Google]
imashinextshowleak.png
190 KB, 486x278
June 24, 2016
The day the second coming will be confirmed.
Where will you be, /m/?
>>
I see a shit ton of fancy white kanji on a black background.

Is this something Eva related?
>>
>>14234965
>Script: Kazuki Nakashima
>Character design: Atsushi Nishigori
>Mecha design: Yoshinari You
>Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi
The second coming.
>>
New GL?
>>
Trigger will surely save anime this tim e won't them? And the Year of the linux desktop will surely be next too right?
>>
>>14234982
New mecha anime by the staff of GL just in time for GL's 10th anniversary.
>>
>>14235003
>GL's 10th anniversary.
Why does this matter at all? GL is owned by Gainax so unless Gainax had hired them they are just using nostalgia to hype their next project, something they are masters of doing, since everythign they work is hyped beyond belief and fails to deliver in the end
>>
>>14234991

>Year of the Linux Desktop

That isn't Year of the Windows Phone
>>
>>14235117
>>14235117
It's not just nostalgia when it's the GL staff united again for a GL related project.

Yeah, they don't own the copyright, so they likely won't use the GL name, but that's the least important part.
>>
File: UNDER ARREST.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
UNDER ARREST.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>14234991
They already saved it with Luluco
>>
>>14235135
They will also not have tenth of the budget or did you forget that Trigger can't manage their budget worth a shit
>>
>>14235343
If the show itself has as much animation frames as a cheap anime from the 60s, that would be a hilarious sight to see.
>>
>>14235003
>New mecha

Baseless assumption.
>>
>>14235466
It would also be hailed as a masterwork and be spammed endlessly here
>>
>>14235470
Not when Wakabayashi explicitly said, "this is for fans of giant robots."
>>
>>14235135
>GL related project
where did they say that
>>
>>14235343
>implying Gainax wasn't infamous for not being able to manage their budget
>implying "having a budget" and "managing a budget" are the same thing
>>
>>14235774
I don't mean story related.

Project announcement on GL's 10 year anniversary, with GL's staff and giant robot related.

Like I said, they can't use the GL name, but that doesn't matter, the connection they're trying to make is pretty obvious.
>>
>>14235783

I thought Gainax's thing was having a relatively small to normal budget and using it well so that it looks far more polished and high budget than it is?
>>
>>14234962
Don't over hype yourselves, the disappointment will only be more painful.
>>
>>14235813
They specifically said that Imaishi is working on a show that fans of Gurren Lagann and giant robots should look forward to. Next year is Gurren Lagann's 10th anniversary. It's happening.
>>
>>14235790
More like they're just hyping this new project using GL's success.

I'm actually looking forward to it because I love GL and Imaishi's works, but they way you guys are talking about it makes it look like it's going to be a reboot/sequel or something like that, which is very unlikely

They only improvement on this announced staff would have been Sushio as character designer instead of Nishigori.
>>
>>14235850
>More like they're just hyping this new project using GL's success.
That's pretty much what it's going to be. Trigger doesn't own Gurren Lagann but they can easily just say "the team behind Gurren Lagann is back to mecha anime after 10 years" and get all eyes on them. Nothing is confirmed so far other than Imaishi being the director, it coming out next year and they specifically saying Gurren Lagann fans should look forward to it (it actually got a big response from people at AnimeBoston, which makes it obvious how they're going to market it).
>>
It's gonna be Getter
>>
File: 1457233228006.jpg (69 KB, 665x493) Image search: [Google]
1457233228006.jpg
69 KB, 665x493
>>14235898
Again?
>>
>>14234962
Watch it not be mecha again.
>>
>>14235294
>HEY LOOK! REMEMBER THIS SHOW WE MADE?! THAT WAS FUN, WASN'T IT?

Trash. Pure "lol so OTT and randumb xD" trash.
>>
>>14234962
So where'd you get that image

Got a link?
>>
>>14235898
>imlpying it's not going to be a shin mazinger zero adaptation
didn't they or dynamicpro cockteased about wanting to work together?
>>
>>14237318
>didn't they or dynamicpro cockteased about wanting to work together?
No they actually did not
>>
>>14237338
i thought they did, must have been a fever dream or something
thanks anon
>>
>>14237351
I don't know, if Imaishi has to work with someone I would rather he work with another studio that can manage its budget properly or do you really think that trigger can actually adapt something like Shin Mazinger Zero on their own? It would make the QUALITY something abominable
>>
>>14237359
Faggots like this sure do love talking out their asses
>>
The show will make all of the hipsters fly out of the woodworks so you'll never get a decent discussion of it no matter what regardless of whether it's any good or not.
>>
>>14237703
at worst you will not be able to talk about it after a season or two of its airing because of memesters and hipsters: sure there'll be insufferable newfags, but those always appear no matter what (that doesn't mean all newfags are pieces of shit thought), the same with the other kind of insufferable faggots, the hipsters; but i'm sure there'll be still decent discussion while on air, as long as the OP of the threads don't start with inflammatory shit, or start with posts that are easily meant for stir up shit.
though the chances of decent discussion in the future could get slimmer if the show is acknowledged by the mainstream
>>
>>14237703
We already got some, just look at this idiot >>14236713
>>
>HEY GUYS THE TEAM BEHIND TTGL IS BACK AGAIN WITH A NEW SHOW!

Yeah, the the last times that happened there was Panty and Stocking, and Kill La Kill.

Tell me when there are actual screen shots of mecha.
>>
>>14235489

It is, actually.
>>
>>14238604
This time they specifically name-dropped Gurren Lagann at Anime Boston. Not KLK or PSG, Trigger's creative director flat-out said "Imaishi is working on a series Gurren Lagann fans and people that like giant robots are sure to love."
>>
>>14238723
That guarantees nothing.
>>
>>14238279
That's legitimately all Luluco is though.
Some whacky random humor with some references to other shows tossed in.
>>
>>14238745
No, it's a show about puberty and growing-up. Again, of course. It's all about Luluco's sense of inadequacy and her struggle with her parent figures.
>>
Will it be 15 minutes long, and animated in flash?
>>
>>14238753
No, it's a full length show.
>>
>>14238748
So, is that the only show they can make? Because that was the exact excuse people went with KLK
>>
I can see why some people are hyped, but I can't really get behind it. TTGL was a fun, but flawed show that felt like it peaked at the Tepplin battle.

Even if it's the same staff, who is to say they can make something as good, or better than GL? Imashi's shit has been all over the map since GL, and I know /a/ adored panty&Stocking, KLK, Infernocop, etc, but I never really cared for any of those. And the Writer's shit has been really hit and miss since then (sometimes hit and miss within the same show, like Fourze), and really showed his flaws in Klk.

I mean I hope it's good, and hope it has decent character designs and mecha designs this time around, but I'm not going to hold my breath. (But I promise I won't shitpost the threads either.)

>>14238745
Luluco seems to be Infernocop with more motion, and has a straightman.
>>
>>14235818
>Next year is Gurren Lagann's 10th anniversary

Holy shit already? It seems like it was yesterday when I first heard of it.
>>
>>14241241
After rethinking this: The music will probably be good, and hopefully Yoshinari will do some animating.
>>
Here not giving a single fuck but enough to care to post this shit
>>
>>14235343
TTGL was lower budget than a lot of shows at the time
I'll see if I can dig up the specifics, I saw them posted a long time back on /a/
>>
>>14239990
It's the only show Gainax and Gainax-related people have been making since Gunbuster and we all know it.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.