[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does the Animax English dub sound like? Has NO ONE uploaded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: rsblu1650.jpg (1 MB, 900x1139) Image search: [Google]
rsblu1650.jpg
1 MB, 900x1139
What does the Animax English dub sound like? Has NO ONE uploaded a video clip of it anywhere on the internet? Shouldn't we know what we're getting before people buy this blu-ray?
>>
>>14232244
i know man, iv been trying to find shit, and all i seen is people saying maybe ill upload a vid, and never doing it
>>
>>14232244
>>Shouldn't we know what we're getting before people buy this blu-ray?

>implying im buying the set for shitter english voices
>>
>>14232244
I saw a clip of it and Sei's voice was terrible.

>>14232423
But no one asked if you were buying it for the english voices.
>>
>>14232244
Fellini has a silly Italian accent.
>>
>>14232493
perfect.
>>
>>14232244
I managed to watch the one for Try.
They managed to make Sekai sound even more annoying, as impossible that may be. And Minato's voice sounds like it would fit Fellini better.
>>
>>14232493
He actually speaks Italian and not Japanese thus rendering Sei to not understand him at all.

It's fucking hilarious. I've seen the dub already. They really did a 4Kids-tastic job on it.
>>
>>14232244
Why the fuck does the Zaku and Wing look so weird
>>
>>14232979

Boy are you late to the party, they're customs.
>>
>>14232493
Is it muv luv tier?
>>
>>14232986
I think anon may have meant the art quality. They're pretty off model, especially Zaku Amazing's head.
>>
>>14232604
Finally, someone else who has seen it.
>tfw Arian accent is a really shitty New England accent
>tfw Nils is a white guy trying to sound like a nigger (not just a black kid, full gang$ta)
>sei's mom sounds retarded, probably should have switched hers and Aila's (who sounds normal because I'm betting the shitty female VAs couldn't cut whatever random accent they wanted to give her)
>full 4kids on mafia plot and changed part of Mao's (couldn't tell if he had a chink accent or if VA was just retarded) gitlfriend's story for whatever reason
>Ral sounds super old
>Caroline probably best side character voice acting but no engrish and works with annoying wigger-kun so she's forgettable
>if they're around for less than two episodes, voices are pick-a-guy-off-the-street tier (ex. Kaiser)
>most characters can't pronounce the names of their gunpla correctly or the word itself but honestly the Japanese can't either so no big deal, it's just more noticeable
>pretty sure they pulled a jelly donut and called a Japanese thing by a completely different name but can't remember too well
Plus more fun times. And everyone can either over-act or under-act but nothing in between. Scenes where these two types interact are really jarring.

t. was in Singapore when it aired on CN
>>
>>14233014
OP here.

Man, I can't wait to experience this clusterfuck here in the U.S.
>>
>>14233014
Should we be worried these edits are gonna stick around for the north american release? I can't imagine them redubbing lines for an uncensored release, nor having censored/uncensored versions of episodes on each disc.
>>
>>14236990
>Should we be worried these edits are gonna stick around for the north american release?

For Gundam, typically edits made for TV are not carried over to the Video release. Wing has all "Kill" lines intact, Seed doesn't have "Disco Guns", and so on. (Well, G Gundam still needed to have God and Devil changed because of religious nuts, but that really couldn't be helped.)

The concern about the quality of the voice acting, however, stands pretty solidly.
>>
>>14237064
This practice of dual-dubbing only lasted until 2001. They essentially made all future dubs "clean enough" in that they avoided swears. The content cuts (Seed) were indeed left alone for DVD, but the dubs were otherwise identical. G-Gundam is the worst offender of this because so many names were changed, and the dub was only recorded once.

To my knowledge, Wing, EW, and 08th MS Team are the only shows that have different dubs. 0080 might not have one because it was a midnight run exclusive (so they only edited content, but didn't record new dialogue), and 0083 was shifted to adult swim, though they did so after editing approximately half the show for Toonami standards; it had "shit" several times in the dub, so it was likely altered.
>>
>>14237174
>it had "shit" several times in the dub, so it was likely altered.
Ah yes, the first episode were Kou cusses like a sailor and then never says shit, fuck, ass or bitch for the rest of the show. It was weird, from hearing him go "This piece of shit fucking Zaku moves like a fucking bitch ass pile of shit" to church boy clean.
>>
>>14237174
Yeah, I don't recall there being any words worse than "damn" in the dub for Gundam 00. And that aired on Syfy.
>>
>>14237257
>You're that bitchin' crazy Gundam meister!
>>
>>14237257
Sci-Fi had obnoxious cuts for time more than anything, but that dub was left alone otherwise. They didn't really have to worry about dub language once Toonami stopped running Gundam (Seed aside), because Zeta, CCA, and F91, were more lax. Unicorn was obviously a different story.
>>
File: 1221959573992.png (265 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1221959573992.png
265 KB, 704x396
>>14237268
Pic related.
>>
>>14237268
Syfy's edits of 00 were so damn annoying, especially for season 2. They'd air a sped-up version of the season 2 endings (if I recall correctly) but would omit the post-credits scene. And then the next week the episode would start and wouldn't make sense what had just happened.
>>
>>14237282
I remember when they aired the final episode of Gurren Lagann they had the bald heads of the two Ghost Hunters guys covering up TTGL and the anti-spiral thing right as they first clashed. This happened more than once, I think.

Also they cut off the post-credit scene of 00's S1 finale. Fucking cable.
>>
>>14237282
The last few encodes you did, are they available in torrent form on nyaa or are they on mega?
>>
>>14237290
I never even knew SyFy aired 00 to begin with, and isn't season 2 filled with post credit scenes that were pretty important?
>>
>>14237778
IIRC they cut all the post credit scenes. So you missed a shitload of plot.
>>
>>14237778
>I never even knew SyFy aired 00 to begin with

Nobody did. Syfy's "Animonday" block fucking bombed. I remember it being terrible but I would still watch it because I had very poor internet back then. I'm pretty sure their main catalouge was from Manga Entertainment, but they also aired shit like Star Blazers (the exact same dub from 1979) and "motion comics" (which I never watched but I recall Watchmen being one.)
>>
>>14237778
>>14237799

Oh, and cutting out the ED and post ED sequences was something they did to every show. I believe American Doctor Who fans were pissed when Syfy controlled the reboot and cut out those sequences (I don't watch DW.)

They cut that chill ass ED theme from Monster (they were also the only way you could watch the dub for years as Viz sat on the DVD release). Years later I would discover the singer for that song was David Sylvian, who was part of the band Japan. That shit was incredible, I'm still pissed.
>>
>>14237808
ED editing is the one reason why I don't watch anime on western television, when I'm staying over at a friends and we leave Toonami on they always cut the ED.
>>
>>14237850
Get smarter friends.
>>
>>14237860
We're not actively watching it, its just on in the background while we do other stuff.
>>
>>14232244
Remember the last time Animax did Gundam?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdfIFZYJvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SymeWdSey-A
>>
>>14238816
So it's going to be great?
>>
>>14238838
Yeah, it's pretty swish.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.