[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright so by and large we agree that a powersuit is something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: clarkson p45.jpg (83 KB, 634x724) Image search: [Google]
clarkson p45.jpg
83 KB, 634x724
Alright so by and large we agree that a powersuit is something you wear, whereas a mecha is something you pilot, correct?

So what does that make the Clarkson P45 ?
>>
Rubbish?
>>
File: wpid-20150111030041.jpg (54 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
wpid-20150111030041.jpg
54 KB, 580x326
>>14231038
Kamen Rider MAHA !
>>
>>14231038
Exo-suit.
>>
>>14231074
but you clearly pilot it.
>>
>>14231038
Open top mecha with an elaborate pilot suit.
>>
>>14231076
the suit is part of the chassis, though
>>
>>14231038
Some post the top gear /m/ pastas
>>
>>14231100

Soon we'll have Grand Tour ones I guess.
>>
>>14231038
Are our bodies a skeleton's powersuit or the brain's mech?
>>
>>14231115
Are clouds mechs for the weather or are they powersuits for lightning bolts?
>>
>>14231038
no its all mecha
>>
>>14231115

Neither, they're environmental survival suits for our genes.
>>
>>14231239
but aren't genes a mecha for life?
>>
>>14231100
relevant to my interest
I just watched seasons 1 through 19 of top gear over the past three weeks
I'm sad it's almost over
>>
File: 80sphoto.jpg (52 KB, 250x381) Image search: [Google]
80sphoto.jpg
52 KB, 250x381
>>14231038
>a powersuit
>>
>>14231100
bumpan for the pastas
>>
>>14231106
>The Grand Tour
>TGT
>Top Gear Two

It took them how many months to come up with this? pretty great tho
>>
>>14231254
Well, their new show is shaping up to be basically the same.
>>
>>14231729
well I would hope so
nu bbc top gear doesn't interest me
>>
>>14231038
Waiting for MOSPEADA bikes
>>
>>14231715

Given how much they play to character and over emphasise their own personalities I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with it fast and just said it took ages because people expect them to be silly. Looking forward to the new show, though I'd look forward more if Amazon Prime actually streamed any content to my country and I didn't have to pirate it.
>>
>>14231038
Holy crap, looked up the video, that was great!
>>
>>14231778
I should think not.

Whenever people mention Top Gear these days I immediately think of their Amazon show, since that's what it is, just with a new name on another service. It takes a while for me to remember that the animated corpse of Top Gear is still a thing the BBC thinks will pull in any ratings at al.
>>
>>14231859

I'll give it a watch, probably at least a few episodes. I'm not a fan of Evans as a presenter though. Still, I like Sabine Schmitt, Eddie Jordan should be interesting and they might take it in a different direction same as Clarkson did in 2000.
>>
>>14231885
well I find Evans absolutely loathsome and I think Sabine is wasted on this abortion. Whenever she was on top gear she was always such an excellent sport.
>>
>>14231038
The future of the automotive world?
>>
File: Joey.jpg (25 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
Joey.jpg
25 KB, 500x379
>>14231885
Yeah I'm mostly watching for Sabine. And LeBlanc.

Only one I don't really like is Evans.
>>
>>14231957
Chris Harris is the only reason I'd want to try new TG.
>>
>>14232126

I tried one of his videos and wasn't blown away. He's inoffensive, but not particularly charming or engaging. My main worries about the new show are Chris Evans and how they'll juggle all 7 new presenters.

The fact old Top Gear was really just 3 lads mucking about and occasionally had some serious stuff seems like it'll be out the window and I doubt the new show will replicate that feeling with all those presenters. More likely they'll rotate most of them in and out in every episode or two, so you'll normally only have 3 or 4 an episode, with the rest not appearing till the next one, or every third one. Which suggests a more car centric and less personality driven show.

Which I suppose is good if you're a gear head, but sucks for a large portion of viewers who don't give a shit about cars and mostly liked watching three people fuck about.
>>
>>14232229
yeah
I don't give half a fuck about cars but I used to watch top gear religiously, as opposed to a myriad of other car shows that were about cars and sensible consumer advice.
That's the magic of top gear that even if you did not care one bit for cars you could watch and enjoy it almost as much as someone who cares would. If they produce just another mostly car show with le wacky challenges it's maybe gonna reach reddit but not me.
>>
>>14231957
I can't think of anyone that does like evans
>>
>>14232263

He was extremely popular as a radio host from what I gather, though I can only recall him from that old Friday night talk show thing he used to present in the late 90's or something. I didn't like him then, but he definitely has existing fans, even if I don't know any either. He seems like a nice bloke from the couple of times he was on the show (letting James drive his California and as a Star in a Reasonably Priced Car), but he's too hyperactive and peppy as a host.
>>
File: tour.jpg (25 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
tour.jpg
25 KB, 851x315
>>14232229
Personally I'm fine with it being more like cars like Old Old top gear was (Pre Clarkson and Andy Wilman reinventing it back when Tiff and such was on) I think they're gonna try to slot it between them maybe. Don't know I'm gonna see if it's watchable at least.

I doubt I'll like it near as much as Trio Top Gear or The Grand Tour. Like no way in hell I'll like it as much as that.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>14231064
>>
>>14231715
Too bad they couldn't have just called it The Real Top Gear. Worked for The Real Ghostbusters back in the '80s. The parallels would've been amusing (i.e. Ghost Busters, while technically being relatws to the real original, was seen as a cheap knockoff that no one cared about).
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.