[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real Steel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Real Steel.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Real Steel.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
What did you guys think about Real Steel?
>>
>>14229168

Pretty good, kid wasn't even that annoying.
>>
neat concept but the execution was a little rough.
>>
Sequel canceled in all but name.
>>
Comfy.
>>
>>14229168
>Rocky Balboa: the mecha

Pretty cool, the whole family thing was kinda crappy though
>>
>>14229295

>>Rocky Balboa: the mecha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cku6oPGWW7Q
>>
File: Noisy_boy_by_paintoart-d7tnlg5.png (2 MB, 3070x1300) Image search: [Google]
Noisy_boy_by_paintoart-d7tnlg5.png
2 MB, 3070x1300
>>14229168
Noisy Boy deserved better.
>>
>>14229305
and it's got the sister soundtrack to Transformers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVE5P3McL7g for a shit copy of a different adaptation of the same Matheson story
>>
>>14229168

An irrefutably shit movie that, much like the sport it features, is for cuckolds.
>>
>>14229295
Did you mean: Over the Top - mecha edition?
It's almost the exact movie...
>>
there was literally a futurama episode with the exact same premise.
>>
>>14232156
>...
Kill yourself.
>>
final battle was alright
>>
We got more actual punches to the face than we get in real boxes matches these days.
>>
File: i467524.jpg (33 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
i467524.jpg
33 KB, 720x304
>>14229172
this. It was fun and you can see a lot of classic mechs as inspiration for some of the fighters. Also, the truck is fuckin classy.
>>
>>14229168
>non Japanese
>/m/
>non Japanese
>good
>>
>>14232156
Was it just as... Over theTop?
>>
>>14229366
I cant belive they used it just to show how bad at the using the robots is the dad, truly deserves better.
>>
>>14234831
nigga we have a daily transformers thread
>>
>>14229168
"Next year, Rock'em Sock'em Robots: The Motion Picture!"
"You're gonna have to work on that title, Frank."
>>
>>14229168
watched it when it was in theaters and enjoyed every second of it.
>>
>>14229168
did robot movies more harm than good
>>
>>14235690

I don't know, Battleships went ahead with the same name. It didn't wow audiences or anything that I know of, but it did go ahead under its original name.
>>
>>14237855
How?
>>
>>14240887
It reinforces the western idea that mecha movies can't be proper movies. They have to be brain dead popcorn flicks like real steel, transformers and pacific rim. Which is puzzling since almost every male in their 30s and 40s grew up watching transformers and localized mecha anime, they're not all retarded.
>>
File: faggot2.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
faggot2.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>14241817

>I only like mature mecha for mature people such as myself
>>
>>14241817
Except when you do live-action mature mecha for mature people such as yourself, all the /k/ommandos come out and say "NUH UH MECHA ARE UNREALISTIC" and fap to their tankfus, while most /m/orons think "western =/= true mecha" and yammer on about grorious Nippon steel. Threads with those criticisms pop up on an at least weekly basis.
>>
>>14242761
They don't really have a problem adding mecha onto movies for an normal audience like aliens, that matrix movie, avatar, or district 9 but that's as far as the west is willing to go. If you want mecha to feature prominently it has to be rock em sock em robots kids stuff they don't want to do a patlabor or macross plus and that's unfortunate imo.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.