[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I found a couple of what look like new /m/ games and I�
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Titans.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Titans.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
So I found a couple of what look like new /m/ games and I'm wondering if anyone has played them or has thoughts on them.

Namely, Planetary Annihilation: Titans
http://store.steampowered.com/app/386070/?snr=1_4_4__128_7

And Goliath
https://www.gog.com/game/goliath

Goliath looks to have a good bit of customization and then you go around exploring and beating shit up, which I'm sure I've seen before on game wishlists, so could be someone's ideal (at least in theory). I'm also wondering if there's just one or two mechs in Titans and some other large units like ships, or if they're all mechs.

Anyone played 'em and know if they're any good?
>>
>>14228705
avoid planetary annihilation, supreme commander 1 outdoes it in almost every way
>>
>>14228719
Shit, I bought it long ago, and actually intended to play it someday.
don't look at me like that, we all have game we didn't get around to play, right ?
>>
>>14230438
... yes, only one. More would be ridiculous.
>>
>>14230438
More like 240 games
>>
>>14228719
Avoid both of those Total Annihilation outdoes them, even has the monkeylord because mods
>>
AVOID PLANETARY ANNIHILATION
AT ALL COSTS
DON'T FALL FOR IT
IT'S SHIT
SHIT
H
I
T

>gameplay-wise
Too few units, not enough variety, built for rushing tactics, asteroid smashing and death stars are not worth using
>programming-wise
It takes some special kind of retard to even think about putting the whole input/GUI in a separate process from the main game, you know what that means?
It means that sometimes the GUI process might (and will) crash but the game will keep on running and you won't be able to interact with it!

In general, it's a shit game, stay away from it and pirate it if you really want to play.
>>
>>14228705

>PA
>Good

lmao
>>
Goliath is like one of those survival games where you gather everything that isn't bolted to the ground to make items and weapons (or mechs).

Still making a mech out of wood and twigs? That's some Macgyver tier stuff.Tony Stark would be proud.
>>
Brigador should also be done soon, or out of beta at least.
>>
>>14230623
listen to this man

also just got supreme commander forged alliance, cheaper better and far more /m/
>>
>>14234177
>just got
just get, rather
>>
>>14230623
I can't. I helped fund it.
>>
>>14234200
shit bro, I fell for that trap too
>tfw they pretended they were going to have more than just fucking mirror matches during the kickstarter campaign
how the hell are they not in jail for that. There's no fucking factions. Everyone plays the same fucking army. Unreal
>>
>>14234205
Well, that's one way to avoid balancing your game.
>>
File: 1453544743873.png (1 MB, 1011x571) Image search: [Google]
1453544743873.png
1 MB, 1011x571
>>14234205 >>14234238
To be fair, nearly every strategy/all game that exist use the very same unit with a few change.

This doesn't make bad game in itself. If you look at the real world, most superpower have roughly the same sort of combat unit.
>>
>>14234409
I fucking love landships. Something about them makes me ecstatic.
>>
>>14234417
Then buy/pirate Deserts of Kharak, it's where that pic is from.
>>
>>14235197
I have it on my to-get list. but I want to finish Grey Goo first.
>>
File: 1453595773143.png (754 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453595773143.png
754 KB, 1920x1080
The only thing that disappointed me with Desert of Kharak was that they are selling any new faction as DLC.

I may have bought it at bargain price, it's a shame even a game like that can't avoid this stuff.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.