[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSV-R Johnny Ridden vol 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v10-001.png (2 MB, 1129x1600) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v10-001.png
2 MB, 1129x1600
MVS-R Return of Johnny Ridden volume 10 coming right at you.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ta97jof1sk2xga5/MSV-R_Return_of_Johnny_Ridden_vol_10.zip

Updated pastebin with previous volumes and other works I've translated.

http://pastebin.com/zDqTp4hj

Big thanks to Delta for shopping and editing!

No more side projects for the time being as I rush to finish as much of MSV-R as I can. I should be able to finish up to vol 12 just fine, which is all that is out at the moment.
>>
A new volume of "Gelgoogs are awesome" the manga is just what I needed after this shitty week. Thanks Nozaku.
>>
Fucking sweet, thank you for all of your hard work!
>>
>>14228537
Glad to be of help! Hope everyone enjoys the new release.
>>
thanks nozaku.
>>
Thanks.
>>
Looking forward to this one. Uploading it to bato.to soon?
>>
>>14229971
I've gone ahead and done so on Nozaku's behalf.
>>
>>14229971
As I'm not a "contributor" though it may take a little while to approved by a moderator.
>>
>scopedog gelgoog
I'm intrigued.
>>
>>14230627
Yeah, it's neat! The visor seems to include the tri-camera head sensor of a Zaku Flipper.
>>
File: 1461794334137.png (57 KB, 150x345) Image search: [Google]
1461794334137.png
57 KB, 150x345
>>14228553
>>14228555
>>14229527
>>14229662
Anytime.

>>14230627
>>14230642
>Sniper Gelgoog is best Gelgoog
I myself am predisposed to snipers in most games and media. This Gelgoog with that striped shoulder is quite the looker, I will have to say.
>>
>>14230681
Dear, you're a great man ... I propose to declare him a saint
>>
>>14228537
Nozaku, thank you so much for all your work! It's going to be sad to lose you to a day job, but you've made great strides for the gundam community by not only taking on more obscure projects, but also doing them quickly and with excellent translations!
>I guess that's why you're being hired actually
>>
>>14231001
With me helping out the manga releases won't stop entirely. Might slow down a bit but between the two of us we'll do what we can within Nozaku's schedule!
>>
>>14228537
Amazing work as always Nozaku, thanks.

Yazan seems incredibly tsundere this volume, and amusingly enough I only just realized that Johnny is 4 years older than Uncle Snake.
>>
>>14231291
I love Ark Performance's take on the Universal Century universe. They reconcile a lot of bullshit fluff that contradicts itself in a believable and acceptable manner.
Yazan is a great character in MSV-R, and ties together his Z and ZZ personas well.
>>
Volume 10 is live on bato.to for those who prefer to read it there.
>>
>>14231298
It's pretty consistent too, he was like that with Gopp anyways. Guy still has less than 10 on-panel kills in 10 whole volumes.

ROJR strangely enough does the whole Kira Yamato thing a lot better than GSD. Probably because every side doesn't seem bat shit insane, and knows their own side or plan isn't all that great either but they just can't help but go through with it for fear of inaction leading to ruin. No one in this manga is as crazy as Durandal or Char.

Makes me wonder if Ark Performance could salvage the main series characters. We get little tidbits like with Char's conversation with Kycillia, but I'd be amazed if they could make someone like M'Quve look competent.
>>
>>14231424
Without spoiling too much, I can tell you from my clean-up work for volumes 11 and 12 that CCA-era Char will be appearing soon.
>>
Thanks, Nozaku! And thanks, Delta! I'm glad you finally got some help, it must have been tough doing all that on your own.
>>
>>14231431
Oh damn. I can't wait.
>>
MSV R is an independent story, right? as in, there isn't any prequel mango or anything.
>>
>>14232540
That's correct. To appreciate it fully though, you should be familiar with the original Gundam series, Zeta, and CCA.
>>
>>14232546
thanks daddy, all I need to do now is watch CCA
>>
>>14232564
Should add that ZZ and 0083 also contribute a little to the story, but aren't necessary.
>>
>>14232564
You can also at least play one DW Gundam, since Johnny shows up for a few battles.
>>
File: 1450753030199.png (150 KB, 459x462) Image search: [Google]
1450753030199.png
150 KB, 459x462
>>14231424
>No one in this manga is as crazy as Durandal or Char.
>dude what if we forced everyone onto Earth that would totally make them less butthurt about their dad being forced off of Earth
>>
>>14232767
All you really need to know about Johnny prior to reading this manga is that he was a Zeon ace pilot during the One Year War and was held in high regard by Kycillia.
>>
>>14232564
I'd strongly suggest playing Encounters in Space, one of the side stories feature Johnny Ridden and pretty much a summary of what he's done during the OYW and is basically his backstory leading up to MSV R
Of course if you don't have the game or a PS2, there's probably a playthrough video of it on YouTube or something.
>>
File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v10-158.jpg (481 KB, 1129x1600) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v10-158.jpg
481 KB, 1129x1600
>>14228537

>Yazan is love, Yazan is life
>>
>>14232845
I fucking love that game. That and Lost War Chronicles are easily the best Gundam games for the PS2, and some of the best ever.
>>
>>14232953
Yeah, Encounters in Space is definitely my favorite Gundam game.
Is Lost War Chronicles really that good? I remember wanting to play it, but I wanted to wait for an English version. Oh, what a naive fool I was..
>>
>>14232963
It's really good stuff, yes. Good amount of content, MS, etc. Fun fact too: the events (and some characters) of the LWC manga follow directly into the Place Beyond the Blaze (Thoroughbred) manga.
>>
>>14233006
Really? That's cool.I didn't even know LWC had a manga. Does the manga story follow the game story accurately? One of the reasons why I never played LWC is because it would've bothered me too much to not know what was happening. Having a manga conveniently fixes that though.
>>
>>14233023
The game itself doesn't have an overarching story at all. It just sees you participating in a variety of missions (including some pivotal events like the assault on Jaburo, the Feddies retaking California Base, and even the midnight raid on 0083's Torrington base). I did notice the manga included most of the game-original missions though and built a story around them.

So in other words, you're not really missing anything in the game by not knowing Japanese. There are however, some pretty nice anime-style intermission scenes that play out when you've achieved a good ranking on the various missions. You can even impress your way into your female operators' pants!
>>
>>14233046
Oh wow, that... that sounds really good. Damn, all the time I wasted not playing this game, thanks for enlightening me ahaha. I'm glad it doesn't have an actual story, otherwise I'll feel frustratingly confused and left out. Sort of like with the Missing Link game. Have you played it? I'm still wondering what was happening there.
>>
>>14232963
Speaking of which, I've been meaning to revisit the Johnny Ridden arc in that game for this manga....

>>14233046
LWC was an amazing game. It was one of the rare few games where I didn't mind at all replaying all the missions for all A ranks. And I remember it having some nice soundtracks.
>>
>>14233074
I have played Missing Link. It's okay. Don't really have much of an opinion on it beyond that, haha. Kinda nice that they've "redone" a lot of older games within that one, but...the gameplay is kinda shallow compared to the PS2 era stuff. Hard to describe I guess.

Also here is a link to the LWC manga, courtesy of another anon's Gundam manga link spreadsheet: mega:#!q5RnUKLI!RC0GaD4n8Nkl3wfa5aka_3az48zMT57yvLNMwrLVBzk

>>14233079
Oh yes, the music was top-notch!
>>
File: 1386445267666.jpg (1 MB, 3029x2144) Image search: [Google]
1386445267666.jpg
1 MB, 3029x2144
It has a pig face, it's fat, it has goofy looking skirt armor that make it look like it's wearing shorts, a thin and odd looking beam rifle, a difficult to use melee weapon, and zeon deployed it too little too late.

So how the hell does Johnny's gelgoog himo end up the best looking zeon ms of the oyw?
>>
>>14233087
A lot of people thought it was terrible, apparently. I kinda liked it, but I guess mostly because I've been absolutely starving for Gundam games. The way they redid the older games really got me mad though. They hyped it up to make it sound amazing and it was just.. not great at all. I agree with the shallow gameplay too. Man, you're right, now that I think about it, I haven't really enjoyed a Gundam game that much since Encounters in Space and Zeonic Front.

Also, thanks a lot, but the link doesn't seem to be working for me?
>>
>>14233163
Try copying and pasting the link into your address bar. Works fine for me on Firefox. Alternatively you can follow the link for it on the aforementioned spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUrEEb2N6fZHh46WtKvFri1W9xuO63iUjj4TXV--Acs/htmlview?pli=1
>>
>>14233171
Yeah, that's what i did, didn't work though. The link in the spreadsheet did though, thanks. There's a lot of manga in that link that I haven't read yet, thanks for giving me something to do for the next few weeks.
>>
>>14233188
No prob. :D
>>
someone put the release on mangaupdate as if it was the 10th volume of the ridden hasegawa manga.
>>
>>14233904
I'll see what I can do to fix that.
>>
>>14233904
The Hasegawa and MSV-R entries are fixed now. I also had their relationship to one another changed to "alternate story" as these two manga can't really be reconciled with one another.
>>
>>14228537

Hell yes motherfucker.
>>
>Flipper-head Goog
>Hi-def Uma Custom rendering
Shit I definitely needed to see today. Arigato OP
>>
>>14234706
There is no real one true story to J ridden anyways. Just that he has the unicorn mark for kycilia, had two red custom units, and fought the FA gundam. Everything else is made aftter the msv line kits by different people and they often contradict each other.
>>
>>14232811
I already covered this anon, Oxner knows it's a shit idea, but he's desperate. He's not like Durandal who thinks turning everyone into coordinators is the perfect plan and will usher in a new age, nor is he petty like Char is using it as an excuse just to fight someone again.

Oxner genuinely just wants to close UC before shit gets out of hand again given the signs, and to an extent he's right given how history follows up. He's literally willing to go down as history's #1 faggot and doing the wrong thing just so the chess board can be flipped and reset. Nowhere does he think he's gonna get off easy it's practically a suicide run.

The sheer difference in how much of reality each of them sees is enough to differentiate them, this is why Oxner is willing to play the gamble with Gopp and have a chess match with drinks in the mean time. Where do you see Durandal willing to parlay with Lacus or Kira?

Don't take things out of context. By your logic Liu Bang was just as horrible a person as Qin Shi Huang cause they were both conquerors who became emperors and fucked over lots of people.
>>
>>14232845
Are these Gundam games on old consoles like PS2 even localized or have translation patches available?
>>
>>14233097
Did you read the manga? He was practically swimming in Zeon bling thanks to Kycillia. Char wishes he had that much tech support.
>>
>>14240173
Encounters in Space is localized, so get it and have tons of fun. It's tons of fun. You're gonna have tons of fun. Tons. Of fun. Tons.
>>
Weird question, but what color were the gm customs they were using? Specifically the shield Johnny grabbed off of one.
>>
Hey Nozaku, I was wondering what the Kai Shiden manga series were like. Are they just Kai reminiscing about his time aboard the White Base or is there a plot Kai takes part in? Sorry if this is offtopic.
>>
>>14241886
Got me there.

>>14246245
I haven't read it myself, but it seems very dialogue heavy. I quickly skimmed through it and it touches upon the various characters later in life and it does seem to offer a few tasty morsels. Not a whole lot of action though.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.