[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good space to start? i saw it on crunchyroll but i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 17
File: 25122.jpg (72 KB, 538x600) Image search: [Google]
25122.jpg
72 KB, 538x600
Is this a good space to start? i saw it on crunchyroll but i am not sure if it is a remake or not
>>
>>14228468
Not really. It's a remake but a lot is changed. It added more twists than the Mt Akina downhill.
>>
>>14228468
>i am not sure if it is a remake
It's not.

It's an adaptation of Mazinger Z and Z Mazinger manga, and Ken Ishikawa's Relic of Terror one shot with extra characters from Violence Jack.

http://mazinger.wikia.com/wiki/Mazinger_Z_(Series)
http://mazinger.wikia.com/wiki/Z_Mazinger
http://mazinger.wikia.com/wiki/Mazinger_Z:_Relic_of_Terror

It's good, but I suggest you try out Giant Robo first because it's also by Imagawa and not as long.
>>
>>14228494
>initial D shitposting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QlNAOO1gnA
>>
>>14228494
>It's a remake
Not a remake.

Even the staff emphasized that.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-05/staff/shin-mazinger-is-not-new-mazinger-z-or-remake
>>
File: Imgawa's Waifu.png (338 KB, 538x600) Image search: [Google]
Imgawa's Waifu.png
338 KB, 538x600
>>14228468
It's not a remake, it's not a good place to start, and it's not good period. Don't watch unless you hate giant robots and love Imgawa's waify going, "BUT OF COURSE! I KNEW THAT YOU KNEW THAT I KNEW THAT YOU KNEW THAT I KNEW THAT YOU KNEW THAT I WAS ONLY PRETENDING NOT TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR PLAN!" and acting like that is an actual plot twist.
>>
>>14228581

>Implying Baron Asura wasn't the true main character.

It's like you didn't finish the show.
>>
Shin Mazinger was my first /m/ anime.
No regrets.
>>
File: 1265864532259.jpg (26 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1265864532259.jpg
26 KB, 848x480
>>14228727
This. No regrets at all.
>>
>>14228468

Start and end. It is legitimately the only decent entry in the Mazinger franchise, while everything else is bad at best and horrible garbage more often than not.
>>
>>14228816
Mazinkaiser was fun. The movie was kind of shit though.
>>
>>14228835

Mazinkaiser was a piece of shit. Go be wrong somewhere else, spic.
>>
File: 1448854293800.jpg (74 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
1448854293800.jpg
74 KB, 800x449
>>14228816
>Not liking SKL.
Remind me never to rock out with you, Anon. I bet you don't even mosh.
>>
>>14228843
You'e a hispanic metrosexual emasculated bleeding heart liberal sjw faggot if you think Mazinkaiser is anything but awesome.

Go back to your emo gundams, kiddo.
>>
>>14228846
>liking something involving an objective garbage kind of music

Then again, you are a Mazingerfag, so I'm sure you're more than used to happily eating garbage.
>>
>>14228875
Now I know why you hate Mazinger. It makes you feel insecure about your masculinity.

And of course, the faggot in the room also hates one of the greatest music genres ever conceived.

Go blow Clawshrimpy off or something. You two would make a fabulous pair.
>>
>>14228924

A lot of projecting there.
>>
>>14228468
It's moreso a series for people that have not only seen Mazinger but also experienced a good amount of Nagai's other stuff (many of the characters and ideas come from other series). That doesn't mean you won't enjoy it regardless, but you'll surely enjoy it more if you have the prior knowledge and viewing experience.
>>
>>14228843
>>14228870
>>14228875
>>14228924
You are the reasons the mods often become right wing death squads and demolish the board for a month or two. Stop being so ridiculous for no reason.
>>
>>14228846
The original Mazinkaiser sure

But SKL was a flaming pile of garbage man
>>
>>14229137

No-one here is being ridiculous except for you and your inability to accept that people have different opinions from you. Grow up.
>>
>>14229504
Yeah, if there's anyone that needs to grow up it's not the guy who throws the word "spic" around like it's the new cuck.
>>
>>14228468
It's good, but it suffers from having a lot of unnecessary exposition, hype-killing music(this hurts it much more than one would think), and kind of bland art/animation. It also leaves off on a major cliffhanger that never gets continued because no Shin Great Mazinger exists.
Overall it's still a pretty fun ride. Mazinger is cool. Just keep your expectations in check.
>>
>>14229553
>hype-killing music(this hurts it much more than one would think)

Is this motherfucker serious?
>>
>>14229558
The OPs are very hype, the rest of the soundtrack is incredibly bland. Go ahead and find it online, it's certainly nothing to write home about. Shin Getter had the same problem. Really kills the excitement of the fight scenes.
>>
>>14228581
this

read the original manga and then watch Mazinkaiser
>>
>>14229504
The nature of my post clearly suggests that I believe resorting to racist slurs and over the top personal insults over differing mecha anime opinions is ridiculous and silly. I didn't even give my opinion on the matter. How do you know I don't agree with your opinion? Immature posters like you are the worst thing about this board.
>>
>>14229563
>he says when Armageddon is one of the top five /m/ soundtracks throughout the entirety of history
Fuck off with your complete and total lack of taste and never come back, shit eater.
>>
File: Shin getter.jpg (57 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
Shin getter.jpg
57 KB, 350x500
>>14229595
I'm not talking about Armageddon dude. Calm down. THIS Shin Getter.
>>
>>14229607
No, it's not. That's New Getter Robo. Armageddon is Shin Getter Robo.

Sounds silly, but different kanji are used.
>>
>>14229578

There is nothing wrong with racist slurs, and none of those insults are over the top. You are just an overly sensitive, immature twat who wants to force his way as the only way.
>>
>>14229622
My bad then. Everywhere I've seen it, the Japanese name is listed as Shin Getter Robo.
Though I stand by my point about the soundtrack.
>>
>>14229607
Still absolutely no taste, since all the Getter OVAs have amazing music and are about equal in that reagard. My point still stands, go fuck off elsewhere.
>>
>>14229633

> There is nothing wrong with racist slurs, and none of those insults are over the top.

Just because you use them a lot, does not mean there is nothing wrong, or that they are not over-the-top. If you're going to use them, use them, but at least be honest about what you're doing.
>>
>>14229642
God no. Armageddon and SvN have great soundtracks with songs like Yuusou and Kisei, along with the fantastic OPs, but New Getter Robo has no memorable tracks. It also commits the crime of using the OP in a battle in practically every single episode. I suggest re-watching it or looking up the soundtrack.
>>
>>14229650
I am being honest. You're the one being dishonest with your shitposting and blatant lying right now.
>>
>>14229660
I have, you just have no taste, which is to be expected from someone who liked the God awful abomination that was SvN.
>>
>>14229633
Well, if the only way you are able to express yourself about anime opinions is through temper tantrums and slurs instead of actual arguments and rational counterpoints, so be it. But you are making yourself look like a clown and asking to not be taken seriously.

I assume you have a lot of pent up anger and your only outlet is 4chan since other forums don't put up with such child-like behavior and if you did this in real life you wouldn't be able to defend yourself. I suggest getting a hobby other than endless indulgence in brainless media and attacking strangers on a board that will immediately dismiss what you have to say and forget about it a few moments later.

Good luck, I wish you the best fellow Getter fan.
>>
>>14229671
>SvN
>god-awful abomination
Well now I know who really has the shit taste here.
>>
File: getter.png (66 KB, 1121x195) Image search: [Google]
getter.png
66 KB, 1121x195
>>14229622
They're both Shin Getter.

That said, that show had a fucking amazing OST, as did Armageddon. Pretty much every Getter work did, including the 70s Toei ones and Go Anime (which has some damn smooth jazz)

>>14229660
>forgetting Warrior
>and Deep Red
>and Saga
>and a couple of other pretty good themes
>and dissing Dragon on top of that
>>
>>14229676
Yes, we all know you have no taste. Thanks for admitting it.

>>14229675
You sure do like to make a lot of baseless assumptions, like that I'm the only posted among the posts you quoted, or that I'm angry, or that your way of doing things is the only way.
>>
>>14229681
>They're both Shin Getter

That's like saying bass (the fish) and bass (guitar) are the same thing, bat (the animal) and bat (the object) are the same, foot (the extremity) and foot (the measurement) are the same, etc.

The kanji mean two different things, they are pronounced the same but they do not mean the same thing. As the image you posted clears states. But they seem to not understand that putting a katakana pronunciation above a kanji does not mean it's a different word. It is done in a furigana or possibly even just stylish fashion. It doesn't change what the actual kanji means though, or how Japanese will see it unless they are kids and don't understand it yet.

You can call them both Shin Getter Robo and technically not be wrong, but in English conversation it's confusing since obviously Shin=Shin, whereas 新=/=真. It is better to use the translated words to be able to differentiate them.
>>
>>14229700
>You sure do like to make a lot of baseless assumptions, like that I'm the only posted among the posts you quoted

Considering that I quoted at least 2 posters that were in clear disagreement with each other... the assumptions you make seem to be something less than baseless.
>>
>>14229717
No, they aren't. You keep on making your baseless claims though, since nobody can stop.
>>
>>14229712
>That's like saying bass (the fish) and bass (guitar) are the same thing

To be pedantic, those two have different pronunciations. But yeah, I was more saying that him saying one was "Shin Getter" wasn't technically wrong - it's just, that's not how we usually write it as because it's confusing as fuck.
>>
>>14229739
If you're stupid, yeah.
>>
>>14229739
>To be pedantic, those two have different pronunciations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRaUmobJe9w

Other than that I'm right.
>>
>a Mazinger Z thread turns into a Getter Robo thread
>>
>>14229781
Getterfags are the most dangerous cancer on the board. Luckily they are relatively low in number.
>>
>>14229781
The cancer is spreading.
>>
>>14229810
>>14229829
Fuck off spicucks
>>
>>14229137
>mods
>on /m/
look at the catalogue anon, there's like 3 shitposting threads, and other 3 normal ones that have been turned into shit and no one is batting an fucking eye
>>
>>14229842
What? I am just saying that the thread turned into shitflinging and other threads are starting to become a shitfest too.
>>
>>14229854
this faggot >>14229810 is samefagging, acting as if he's another person to get off scot-free
>>
>>14229854
And Getter is to blame for any of let, let alone all? Nice try spic, but I know it's the Yokoyama and Ishinomorifags who are the ones shitting up this board beyond recognition.
>>
>>14229873
>implying you aren't the getter/ishikawa, yokoyama and ishinomori shitter too
why the need to shit up those threads? it is understandable that you don't like them, it's okay, everyone has different tastes and shit, but why the need to post the same shit over and over again for like 5 (or more) fucking months?
>>
File: embarassing.jpg (33 KB, 400x411) Image search: [Google]
embarassing.jpg
33 KB, 400x411
>>14229869
>literally everyone in the thread disagrees with me
>surely samefags, r-right...?

Getterfags are this embarrassing. Absolutely the worst posters on this board.
>>
File: untitled.png (13 KB, 943x274) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
13 KB, 943x274
>>14229869
Try again, retard.
>>
>>14229873
Did I say it was Getter's fault? No, its shitposters.
>>
>>14229885

I'm not, because the stuff Yokoyama and Ishinomori make are actually good, unlike anything Ishikawa has ever made. Also, fuck off with your different tastes bullshit.
>>
>>14229921
Your right, there is no such thing as different tastes. Either its yours or its shit.

Right? :^)
>>
>>14229921
>still responding agressively as if ishikawa raped him and his mother
sure anon, i believe you, i bet you didn't even read yokoyama's and ishinomori's works
>>
>>14229926

You can objectively judge shit, and from an objective standpoint, Ishikawa is absolute garbage, and Yokoyama and Ishinomori are light years ahead of him.
>>
File: 140.png (169 KB, 872x1300) Image search: [Google]
140.png
169 KB, 872x1300
>>14229927

I have, and everything either of them has done is far and away better than anything Ishikawa has.
>>
Yokoyama is garbage and he draws like shit.
>>
>>14229968

Yawn.
>>
>>14229890
>>14229908
getterfags BTFO
>>
>>14229976

Fuck off, yokoyamafag
>>
>>14228468
>cr
>>
>>14228468
It's completely separate from all other Mazinger stuff. It's closer in spirit to other Imagawa shows like Tetsujin or Giant Robo.

You don't need to have seen anything else to get it but watching it doesn't mean you necessarily know anything about the franchise.
>>
>>14228581
Isn't that her entire gimmick from the series she comes from? Honestly [actual spoiler here], her blood relation to Tetsuya is a bigger bullshit twist than any of her schemes.
>>
>>14228468
Basquash was better.
>>
>>14229921
Way of Ryu, cyborg 009, and masked rider were shitty as fuck, ishimori is a hack.
>>
>>14229955
>super heroes in spandex
>good
Ishimori is on Nagai's level. Ishikawa's drawings and stories blow anything they have ever drawn. Makai tensho, getter robo, samurai of the Meiji restoration > shitty superheroes for children
>>
>>14229463
>But SKL was a flaming pile of garbage man
No. It wasn't.

You're just too much of a cuck to enjoy manly men doing metal things.
>>
>>14229890
>>14229988
fuck off ishimoricuck.
>>
>>14230394

You really don't get it. Do you honestly think Ishinomori's career was based around superheroes? This is a myth created by the long lasting popularity of those shows. I'm not trolling here, but Ishinomori's greatest achievements are not related to what he became known for by people who never bothered reading any of his comics. His first groundbreaking title was Ryujin Numa, followed by Sabu and Ichi, then Sandarabocchi, Hotel and Manga History of Japan. But there's still thousand of other examples. He was not a one-note manga artist like Nagai ( gag-ecchi-violence-demon-robots), he was always trying something new and different. Stuff like 009 and Kamen Rider are fan favorites for reasons, but they don't define Ishinomori. He was always pushing himself forward and he barely had anything to do with those live-action shows. As much as Nagai had with Toei anime. And no matter what that other guy says, Ryu no Michi was groundbreaking are really ambitious for a 1969 manga. That was just one year later from Tezuka's Hi no Tori but it felt a lot better polished in general. My favorite in the Ryu trilogy is Banchou Wakusei, though. Which I hope to see translated one day as well. But yeah, you can like Nagai, and you can like Ishikawa, but they're still one step behind. Ishinomori was in another level. This doesn't mean he was perfect or all his manga are flawless or anything, and it's a matter of personal preference as well. For example, Ishinomori would sometimes get bored out of some serialization he need to do, which result sometimes in half-assed works like the Goranger manga. But then he was usually working on another 6 or 8 titles at the same time, some would eventually get more of his attention than others. He became quite fond of Kikaider over time, but back in the day, he left all the art work in the hands of five different assistants so he could concentrate his efforts in other stuff.
>>
>>14232528
fuck off ishimoricuck.

stop ruining threads you don't like
>>
>>14229781
Not even super alloy Z is immunte to getter rays
>>
>>14230431
those guys were not manly familia
>>
>>14232528
Goddamn spic, you need to learn not to post meaningless walls of text.
>>
>>14232544

But I like Shin Mazinger a lot and have nothing to do with what you guys did with it before I even got here.

>>14232600

Limitations of a mobile device.
>>
>>14232638
If you want to talk about ishimori so much, go make your own goddamn ishimori threads or ask the kamen rider fags to let you in.

stop ruining threads you don't like.
>>
>>14232638
Your influence has helped people find it more acceptable to do these kinds of things. You have helped to kill threads of DP series, which is perfectly fine since they aren't of any value, but the point still stands.
>>
>>14232652
dp threads are now more popular than ever

thanks to me desu senpai
>>
>>14232646

I don't want to. The last thing I want is a dedicated Ishinomori fanbase to turn as bad as you guys. I'm just telling why the reverse-ishinomori trolling will never work, they don't even know well what they're trying to troll.
>>
>>14232731
you already have, unfortunately for you.

see kr fags, worse than anything this thread could cook up yet
>>
>>14232834

How exactly Kamen Rider fans have anything to do with Ishinomori? Most of them not even watch the old stuff Ishinomori helped to create at least the viusuals. And they don't care for the manga as well, except maybe for Spirits. They're just vaguely related to Ishinomori in any possible way. Like trying to blame Walt Disney for the current Disney fandom. It's just a meaningless name to them. They don't even know if the guy was a director, producer, writer, let alone a comic book artist.
>>
>>14232731
>turn

They are, and always have been, at least as bad if not far worse than DPfags. Don't even try and delude yourself into thinking otherwise.
>>
>>14233208

They don't even exist.
>>
>>14232870
not my problem, pablo
>>
>>14232528
>Do you honestly think Ishinomori's career was based around superheroes?

Yes. His claims to fame are Cyborg 009, Kamen Rider, Sentai and Kikaider.

>Ryujin Numa
>Sabu and Ichi
>Sandarabocchi
>Hotel
>Manga History of Japan

None of this shit is even popular outside of the hardcore fanbase.

Delusional Ishimorifag.
>>
>>14233228

Yes, they do. Stop trying to delude yourself, it doesn't work well.
>>
>>14233258
>Ishimori
Literally who?
>>
>>14233269
Ishimori is the guy before he went full on pretentious and changed his name to ishinomori like he was in 16th century Japan or something

Ishinomori is a fedora tier name.
>>
>>14229955
This manga had an awful ending.

>>14233258
Sabu to Ichi had an 40 episode anime adaption, won an award, and was serialized for over 16 volumes.
>>
>>14233412
>Sabu to Ichi had an 40 episode anime adaption, won an award, and was serialized for over 16 volumes.
That really isn't shit. Even Gurren Lagann won more awards and acclaim than that. Sabu and Ichi has no lasting appeal whatsoever, it's a nearly forgotten series. Meanwhile, Cyborg 009, Kikaider, Sentai and Kamen Rider are Ishimori's lasting legacy.
>>
ishimorifag BTFO
>>
>>14233258
>>14233473

If you're looking at things at a marketing and lasting popularity perspective, Akira Toriyama and Eiichiro Oda would be the greatest manga artists of all time and Evangelion the best anime series ever made. Star Wars would be better than 2001 A Space Odyssey and Stephen King would be a better writer than Goethe.
>>
>>14233278
http://www.sf-encyclopedia.com/entry/ishinomori_shotaro
Ishimori was a pen name to begin with. His real last name was Onodera. He always intended to be called Ishinomori, yet he went with Ishimori for years after a misprint. Even his hometown, Ishinomaki (石巻) doesn't have the "no" in its name, so it was probably a bit ambiguous for his publishers/readers to see the connection when he was first starting out. The "no" in his name was added for the clarity to finally pay homage to his hometown's namesake.
Now quit bitching about it and making yourself look like a massive idiot
>>
>>14233412

The anime is 52 episodes long. And both Manga History of Japan, Hotel and Sandrabocchi lasted longer than Sabu and Ichi. The Hotel drama adaptation is the second longest running TV series in Japan and aired for more than a decade. Omiya-san has better ratings than any currently airing anime and is constantly being renewed for new seasons. Why people don't talk about these? Because seinen/adult manga has no marketing value, there's no Bandai constanly pushing them forward. They're not part of a brand.
>>
Now, how I know someone sooner or later will come and say how full of shit I'm because you never heard of these series, take a look at their wikipedia pages (you know how to use google translator, you proved before):

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOTEL - The Hotel manga not only won awards, it lasted from 1984 through 1998 and got adapted into a television drama: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOTEL_%28%E3%83%86%E3%83%AC%E3%83%93%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%83%9E%29 from 1990 through 2002. This is more than Kamen Rider, Goranger and Robocon put together. Do you know reason for that? Because this is a show that appeals outside of the anime/manga fandom, which is something artists like Nagai never got. His reputation comes exclusively from themes the regular japanese guy would see as childish or otaku-friendly.

The same goes to Omiya-san, another Ishinomori`s manga adaptation to go mainstream. It started back on 2002 and its lasted season is airing now in 2016! As much as long as the Heisei Kamen Rider shows. Look at the ratings: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%8A%E3%81%BF%E3%82%84%E3%81%95%E3%82%93 The regular Kamen Rider show is getting around from 5.0% to 7.0% at most these days. Omiya-san has easily got from 10.0% to 15.0%. Same reason as Hotel. But you don't hear from these very often, because Kamen Rider or Sentai are more marketable franchises, they have huge companies backing them up. Even if they're far from being the most popular Ishinomori's property currently on television. You need to go outside your comfort zone to see how influential Ishinomori truly was.

And now I`m done. You guys can go ahead and claim whatever you feel like and it will never make any sense. Because I have nothing else to prove.
>>
>>14233705
>>14233719
>>14233724
>>14233815
Just look at him sperg. I guess now we know how to really get under mario's skin.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 768x1024
>>14233965

Yeah, sure.
>>
>>14233815
The fuck is wrong with you, mario?

Stop your retarded spamming, holy shit.
>>
>hotel manga
>long running
oh, it's not the one managed by a single robot for centuries and the story about tunas being extinct is it?
>>
>>14234279

http://threestepsoverjapan.blogspot.com/2009/12/manga-reviews-hotel-ishinomori.html
>>
>>14230431
I enjoyed manly man doing manly things, but SKL isn't like that. It's just a fucking nothing despite the crazy premise. Maybe it would be good if it got a proper series but nothing came out after that.
>>
>>14234389
>It's just a fucking nothing
just like your post
>>
>>14233815
He wasn't influential at all aside from his capeshit-esque works. You need to stop being delusional and stop sucking the cock of a man who died before you were even born.
>>
>>14229781
>Someone brings up New getter out of the blue to shitpost
>people react
>on this shadow jumping argument board of a chinese flipbook forum
>>
I always recommend starting with manga when it comes to go nagai stuff.

Or watch some of the older OVAs/specials if you want to "window shop." Mazinkaiser would be a better anime intro point to Mazinger, I think.
>>
>>14238708
Considering that kaiser is vastly superior to the manga, there is no reason to bother with it
>>
>>14238725
>Considering that kaiser is vastly superior to the manga
I like those baseless statements.

First off, we don't even have every Mazinger Z chapter scanlated yet.
>>
>>14238741
They are factual statements. Kaiser is better for a multitude of reason, not the least of which is that it's less time consuming, which is great considering the quality of Mazinger in general.
>>
>>14238747
>it's less time consuming
Wrong.

The Mazinkaiser manga is a one shot, and takes about 5 minutes to read.
>>
>>14238760
In comparison to Z, you dip. Nobody gives a shit about the kaiser manga.
>>
>>14238769
>In comparison to Z
Mazinger Z is 5 volumes long, and takes at most 2 hours to read.

Mazinkaiser is about 3.5 hours on average.

Try again, Carlos Rodriguez.
>>
>>14238787
Not until you do, shitposter.
>>
>>14238803
Ole!
>>
>>14228468
Best place to start is Toei Mazinger (now with good subs), and best place to end is Shin Mazinger. Basically watch Mazinger > Great Mazinger > Grendizer > Mazinkaiser > Shin Mazinger, and in the meantime you can check the manga as well, but only the first one was translated.
>>
>>14228468
It's standalone, toughyou may appreciate it more if you've read the original. There's also some Violence Jack references, but VJ is REALLY niche.
>>
>>14238828
>legitimately recommending Toeizinger
Hey spic, what's up?
>>
>>14238832
>le only spics watch Toeizinger meme
>>
>>14238832
Spic aside, Mazinger Z is actually a lot funnier and crazier than MSG in my opinion.
>>
>>14238842
Only spics like garbage like Toeizinger, and that's due to nostalgia.

>>14238852
That is irrelevant to anything and everything.
>>
>>14238866
Have you watched Toeizinger, or just spouting memes?
>>
>>14238872
Yes. It is hot garbage, even by Mazinger standards.
>>
>>14238882
>Yes. It is hot garbage
What happens on episode 63?

>Mazinger standards
Which are above Gundam's standards, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>14238972
You expect me to remember every episode of an awful series I dragged myself through and try to forget? I think it was about some broad named Hitomi who was related to Boss, and I think I remember it being an episode where it tries to use the scrander or something.
>>
>>14239003
Tell me why you love Mazinger Z so much.
>>
>>14239138
what
>>
File: 44465501.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
44465501.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
>>14239157
It's okay anon.

My first time was painful too.

Mazinger is love, Mazinger is life.
>>
>>14239168
I know it's in your nature, but at least try to not shitpost.
>>
File: 1389127507747.png (271 KB, 503x693) Image search: [Google]
1389127507747.png
271 KB, 503x693
>>14239171
>>
>>14238741

Don't pretend the rest of it would be any less shitty.
>>
>>14239190
I never claimed TV Magazines chapters are good.

I was entertained by Shonen Jump's Mazinger Z. When Nagai made the move to TV Mag, he lost all interest in the series, and even Anno attested to that.
>>
>>14239190
>would be
*is
>>
The only thing the manga has better than the show is its version of Koji. None of them is really good.
>>
Go Nagai rebooted the Mazinger manga twice because he wasn't satisfied with the original.

MazinSaga is still pending as of 2016.
>>
>>14239223

And Z Mazinger was even worse than the original.
>>
>>14239218
¡Hable inglés apropriada!
>>
>>14239245
Yeah it was really good.

I agree.
>>
File: 1363361546857.jpg (279 KB, 772x669) Image search: [Google]
1363361546857.jpg
279 KB, 772x669
This just in.

Go Nagai won the diamond award at the Japan Movie Critics Award for Gekiman!

http://jmcao.org/contents.html
>>
>>14239268
How did he get away with that anyways? He's a lot more high profile now than when he made stuff like Kekko Kamen.
>>
>>14239268

Thank god it was not Shin Mazinger Zero
>>
>>14239293
What?
>>
>>14239268
What am I looking at?
>>
>>14239293
Why would being higher profile make him less able to get away with shit? If anything it makes him more powerful, because nobody's going to tell Go Nagai that he can't do something. Stuff with his name on it will sell no matter what, so why wouldn't you just let him do whatever?

Plus I believe that he owns the publishing house, so he's his own boss.
>>
>>14239338
Just something from worst Mazinger, nothing to concern yourself with
>>
>>14239357

Shin?
>>
>>14239385
Zero, yes
>>
>>14239296
well of course, since zero is not made by him, while gekiman is an autobiography about how he made some of his old manga series.
>>
It was the first Mazinger I watched, and I went on to enjoy the other series' afterwards, so I would say so.
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.