[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getter Robo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11
What's the general opinion about Getter Robo TV shows? I just completed G, and gotta say it's a major improvement over the first series. I wasn't too fond on the first one, but G was kind of an enjoyable experience with lots of insane episodes, like the one where the cast kills six dogs.

Curious about the Getter Robo Go show since I love the manga version, but from what I hear here, Nips really hate the show huh? I'm aware that it's a loose adaptations like the first two shows, so I'm hoping for a positive experience at least.
>>
Is that Gore's niece or something?
Or am I mistaking her for the butterfly mech pilot?
>>
>>14224826
How are the subs?
>>
>>14224849
It's the butterfly Oni.

>>14224853
First season is half crabsticks, second season is half "fixed" crabsticks. For shallow shows with basic dialogues like Getter Robo, they are good enough.
>>
>>14224826

Better and vastly more influential than the shitty manga that people around here fellate for no good reason. Also, you're confusing the Go anime with the manga: the anime is far more well renowned, liked, and influential, while the manga is only even known to small groups of autists who think they and it are special.
>>
>>14224826
>I'm aware that it's a loose adaptations like the first two shows, so I'm hoping for a positive experience at least.

For god's sake. None of the Getter anime before the OVAs were adaptations of the manga.
>>
>>14224999
And the OVAs were? Because Armageddon and New Getter Robo had even less to do with the manga than the Toei shows.

>>14224996
You had to ruin your whole post with the second sentence.
>>
>>14224826
I liked the first Toei Getter Robo series. There were times it took itself seriously but there were a lot of fun arcs. Even the obligatory comic relief character added a bit in wasn't bad.

I preferred it over G, which was a mixed bag for me.

There were some nice action moments. Episode 24 stands out, where "Bokura no Getter Robo" kicks in right before Getter Poseidon starts to wreck shit.

They also gave some of the characters (or rather Ryoma and Hayato... sorry Benki) more background which was nice.

There was a lot more drama though. Enough I think was too much for the series episodic nature.

Watching G immediately after original series was a lot like going from late Zeta -> early ZZ in reverse. Stuff like episode 14 was just depressing as hell.

>I'm aware that it's a loose adaptations like the first two shows

Toei Getter Go is pretty unrelated to the Ishikawa manga aside from some characters and designs. It was made alongside a manga series that acted as a complete series reboot.

I can't say much about it though. Aside from a one off ARR episode there's no English subs and I can't be assed to crabstick and retime subs from the Japanese set that's out there.
>>
>>14225089
>And the OVAs were? Because Armageddon and New Getter Robo had even less to do with the manga than the Toei shows.

You don't get it. They used the manga as a source, the TV shows didn't. They existed and were produced simultaneously. It's not a matter of being loosely adapted or not, they were not taking it into account at all. There was no manga for the TV show to be based on.
>>
>>14225186
>They existed and were produced simultaneously.
The manga was drafted and published first. So no, that's factually incorrect.
>>
>>14225167
I think part of what made G better for me was the absence of that Boss clone that plagued the first series. I love Boss, but that guy from the first series was really annoying. It's pretty amusing how they just dropped him in G after two cameos.

Maybe my enjoyment was partially influenced by other shows since I watched the first series right after Mazinger Z which I loved, and G right after Combattler V which had that awful second half.

All I know about Go is that apparently they don't combine until episode 11, which some people really seemed to dislike for some reasons. I personally liked that twist in Dancougar, so I probably won't mind it in Go.
>>
>>14225089
>You had to ruin your whole post with the second sentence

The fuck are you on about? Both my points are factually correct.
>>
>>14225225
Sure Carlos, whatever you say.
>>
>>14225195

Of course it was. Power of imagination makes everything possible.
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Bible-036.png (696 KB, 1410x2042) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Bible-036.png
696 KB, 1410x2042
>>14225283
The Getter Robo manga ran from
1974年14号~1976年03/04号 in 週刊少年サンデー. This first issue was published on 昭和49年3月31日, while the anime debuted 昭和49年4月4日. Sorry!
>>
>>14225201
>that Boss clone
Fuck you talking about
>>
>>14225370

How much time do you think an anime series takes to be planned, animated and produced? I can guarantee you, it's more than putting ink on paper. Now if you can provide anything other than your resourceful ass and make-believe faulty information.
>>
File: proofs.webm (889 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
proofs.webm
889 KB, 320x240
>>14225427
The manga was drafted before the anime was ever put into production or even planning. Manga goes through a heavy production stage before its ever approved for serialization. Also, I'm not seeing any evidence from your shitty posts. The only one making posts based on imagination here is you. Sorry!

Me - 1
You - 0
>>
>>14225427
>series Bible is make-believe faulty information

I know you love shitposting too much to give it up, spic, but don't blatantly lie, it makes you look even worse. Everything you mentioned is irrelevant anyway, though I know you want to do this to suck the Toei animes cock and pretend the manga had no influence whatsoever.
>>
>>14225440
>>14225443

Man, you guys are funny. No, check your facts. Yoshinori Watanabe was the chief of Toei Studios back then and he came up with this idea called Media Mix. It was basically collaboration between television producers and manga artists. They would come up with an idea and plan it as both an anime and manga series. That was the case with Giant Robo, Kamen Rider, Devilman, Mazinger Z, Dororon Enma-kun, Getter Robo and almost everything to come up from Toei in the 70s. What you posted is merely dates, the Kamen Rider manga started months before the show, but it was a collaboration effort from the very beginning. Manga don't take that long to be approved for serialization, how the hell do you think a single manga artist could work on more than 8 titles at the same time? Because it was a considerably simple process. It doesn't take that much planning. Go Nagai himself was notorious for not even having a plot on his head before starting a new series, he would write as it goes on with whatever he could think of. You guys just want to believe in whatever you feel like, you probably can't even read what that article is saying past the few katakana tossed around there. So stop pretending.
>>
>>14225479
Where are the proofs?

Here's some facts: Getter Robo was created by Go Nagai and Ken Ishikawa. The Getter Robo manga predates the Toei anime.
>>
>>14225479

Said it once and I'll say it again: stop blatantly lying to try to push your own agenda, spic. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it not that way.
>>
>>14225485

What makes these facts? Are you trolling or something? English sources for anything related to 70s Japan is a piece of crap, there's nothing you can rely on.

If you really care about anything, put this on Google Translator or something: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B2%E3%83%83%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AD%E3%83%9C

" " Mazinger Z " called "robot" Hero, " Masked Rider " Toei producer that was a great success of the "transformation" hero that is, "robot" + try Umidaso the hero of a new concept of "transformation" Tsuyoshi Nagai led by dynamic professional that were asked to planning is the beginning of birth. Such "because of the history Weekly Shonen Sunday " ( Shogakukan is not accurate to call it) "original" was published in Ken Ishikawa manga series by the. In addition, grade-specific learning magazine of Shogakukan also of the anime version by Ishikawa Kenta cartoon of the works have been published."

I don't give a damn if you guys will ever accept it or not. You can keep with your make-believe as much as you want. But that's everything it's, make-believe.
>>
>>14225494

I wish you could follow your own advice.
>>
>>14225406
Call him whatever you want, it's that comic relief character that adds nothing to the show, and his gags aren't funny.
>>
File: 1433067636673.png (487 KB, 742x1049) Image search: [Google]
1433067636673.png
487 KB, 742x1049
>>14225516
The part of the article that you butchered in google translate says this:
Toei commissioned Nagai and Dynamic Pro to make a henshin robot hero due to the success of Mazinger Z and Kamen Rider. Nagai gave the project to Ishikawa to publish in Weekly Shounen Sunday. Additionally, Ken Ishikawa also created a manga version of the anime in Gakunen Bestu Gakushu Zashi (which is compiled into the edition known as Getter Robo Juvenile).

I'll break it down to you, since this is a well known story:
>Toei asked Nagai to make a transforming robot
>Nagai gets in a car crash with Ishikawa in a parking lot, comes up with idea for combining cars
>Hands the project off to Ishikawa to use as his first full time serialization
>Ishikawa eventually turns this into combining jets and creates the scenario/characters for his serialization
>Toei likes it, begins to take the concept and adapt it for television
>After Ishikawa ends his serialization, he takes the Toei version of Getter and turns it into another manga series known as Getter Juvenile
This was already explained in Ishikawa's short comic about Getter Robo's origins.
>>
>>14225603

Now explain to me where's the part talking about how the manga was drafted and planned before the anime was put into production.
>>
>>14225654
Because Toei requested Dynamic Pro to make a new work, Ishikawa drafted his manga serialization and then they adapted that. It's well documented, but I know that no matter what proof is brought to the table you'll just keep saying the same shit because you are clawshrimpy tier.
>>
>>14225683

And that's precisely what you're doing.You're conveniently changing the facts for something you want to believe. I'm not passionate about this stuff, I don't care. Even if Ishikawa drafted it before, he didn't went and showed to Toei so they could know what they were adapting. That's the point I'm talking about. The TV anime was NOT adapted from or had anything to do with the manga other than the concept itself. You're playing this card now because you know there's no way to prove otherwise. Your solid evidence is a double edged sword and you know that.

And don't come to me as you came up with that translation by using your advanced japanese skills. Anyone with 2 brain cells could make sense out of what was being said there. Don't be pretentious.
>>
>>14225740
Shut up Carlos
>>
>>14225759

Yeah, that's what I thought.
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Bible-074.png (423 KB, 1410x2044) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Bible-074.png
423 KB, 1410x2044
>>14225740
>The TV anime was NOT adapted from or had anything to do with the manga other than the concept itself.

Where did they get the robot designs?
Where did they get the character names?
Where did they get the villain designs?
Where did they get the series terms?
Where did they get the basic story?
Where did they get the robot attacks?
Where did they get basic character designs?
Where did they get the jets?
Where did they get the combination?

Ishikawa went through several drafts of Getter Robo before the final product was created and then adapted by Toei. Dynamic Pro was asked to create a new robot hero and Nagai wanted Ishikawa to make his first manga serialization. If Toei hadn't adapted Ishikawa's manga draft like you claim, then it would have been a completely different cast of characters, a different story, a different name and a different robot. Instead, Toei adapted Ishikawa's manga planning and then tweaked it to their standards. This is markedly different from the case of Devilman where Toei commissioned Nagai to design characters but not a story, with Nagai created the Devilman manga afterwards.

Fact: you're full of shit and completely delusional. Pull the trigger, no one wants you in this world.
>>
>>14225798

You're running out of steam. Do you know what that you posted is? Concept. Concept art, character design, mecha design and some minor plot notes. Those exact same concepts were taken from there and made into a manga and a anime completely independent from each other. Insult me if you wish, say whatever do you want, I already had my job done. You can keep posting and posting again, but deep down, it's just your own pride talking by now on. You want to believe in this so much you're not even reasoning anymore.
>>
I AM ANGRY.
ANGRY ABOUT ROBOTS.
>>
>>14225826

Meh.
>>
Will /m/ ever have Getter threads that aren't completely terrible?
>>
>>14225884
Not until a moderator bans two specific posters. Just two bans. That's all it takes.
>>
>>14225902
Welcome to /m/.
>>
>>14225925

I highly doubt it.
>>
>>14225884
Look,
>>14225925
There's one of them now.
>>
>>14225940
meant for
>>14225902
>>
>>14225925
>implying the spic exists
ebin
>>
>>14224826

I marathoned the original series and really liked it. It was formulaic as hell but it had some serious bright spots to it.
>>
>>14225959

Being one of those quotes myself I can tell there's more than one person among those.
>>
>>14225979
So we're infested with spics then
>>
>>14225986
No, the spic is just a boogeyman made by getterfags that acts as a scape goat for all the shitposting in getter threads.
>>
>>14225986
You're not any better, Mario
>>
>>14225995
>the spic is just a boogeyman
No. He's an Italian and his name is Mario.
>>
>>14226003
Keep saying that and eventually it might become true.
>>
File: oldassgetter.jpg (63 KB, 550x432) Image search: [Google]
oldassgetter.jpg
63 KB, 550x432
I hope the second half of Toei Getter gets de-crabbed soon. I loved all the Getter stuff I've seen/read, and can't wait for more.
>>
>>14226170
If you've been watching the Caffin subs you'd be better off with crabsticks. They're pure guesswork and actually less accurate than the crabsticks which are at least an attempt to translate.
>>
>>14225517
I'm not the one lying here.

>>14225740
Pretentious has nothing to do with what he's saying. The fact that you're blatantly lying through your teeth in a vain attempt to discredit the Getter manga and Ishikawa by extension is obvious to everyone in this thread.

>>14225819
Says the person whose foolhardy pride is making him delusional enough to believe his own bullshit.
>>
>>14226687

Thanks for the bump, I guess.
>>
File: 1462828993139.png (3 MB, 1802x1601) Image search: [Google]
1462828993139.png
3 MB, 1802x1601
>>14226431
>>14226170
If I recall correctly, Sasword was the last person to work on a project for the first Getter Robo (for /m/ Subs) before Caffin stepped in, and he's back to mainly plow through pic-related nowadays, so odds are he might pick the first series where he left off sooner or later.
>>
Wonderfully goofy and a fun thing to watch when you get burned out of the "giant robot heat death of the universe" the manga and OVAs tend to feature.
Kind of makes me want to see what a 70's anime of Violence Jack would be like.
>>
>>14227313
>Kind of makes me want to see what a 70's anime of Violence Jack would be like.

I'm guessing not all that Violent. With slightly less rape.
>>
>>14227340
Violence Jack would become Slightly Angry Jack.
>>
>>14227313
>>14227340
>>14227443
It would actually be Justice Jack
>>
>>14227455
>Hero for justice: Peace Jack
>>
>>14227455
Yeah that would be it.

I would totally watch that though.
>>
Why are Getter threads full of angry psychopaths? If you people get this pissed off about robot anime I can only imagine how you act in real life.

Anyway I really like the old series, they are underrated gems. I actually like them more than the manga they are based on. Many of the 70s series can border on unwatchable even if you're a diehard super robot fan, but these are legitimately good series.
>>
>>14227386
Just because I said the truth doesn't mean you can call me a spic, mario
>>
>>14227610
>I actually like them more than the manga they are based on
They aren't based off them, idiot. Also, that is some bad taste there, not liking the version that is objectively better in every single way.
>>
>>14227963
>They aren't based off them

How does it feel to be a psychopath and an idiot?
>>
File: troll line.jpg (7 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
troll line.jpg
7 KB, 125x125
>>14227610
Because Getter fans are people who want to be Gurren Lagann fans but also don't want to be mainstream.
>>
>>14228026
I don't know, you tell me.
>>
/m/ made me hate Getter Robo. Not the trolls, but the actual fans. I just don't want to be associate with this franchise because of them. They disgust me.
>>
>>14228110

Both are terrible. This series attracts the worst kind of people.
>>
>>14228143
Yes, and that includes spics like you.

What part of go back to garada don't you get, smelly spic?
>>
>>14228110
It's not like we wanted you anyway.

Hopefully Trump will remove subhuman scum like you
>>
>>14228130
>Here's the truth; you are a spic, whether you like it or not.
Stop projecting mario, you're the only spic here.
>>
>>14228125
>>14228160
>>14228163
>all three replies cry about spics
See this is why he hates you. You guys are actual, physical autism.
>>
>>14228143

And that's why they deserve all the trolling they get.
>>
File: getter1new.jpg (33 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
getter1new.jpg
33 KB, 640x427
Anyone else like New Getter the best of the three OVAs? Armageddon definitely has better animation, but New has excellent pacing, and the final episode was awesome.
>>
>>14228182

Shut up. No one cares about this stupid franchise. Getter Robo threads are shitposting general.
>>
>>14228202
>quoting the same post twice
I didn't knew spics were this stupid.
>>
>>14227213
Thats sad to hear, ill have to watch a caffin episode. The hks on GRG got released and were surprisingly pretty good so I havent revisited that either.
>>
>>14228178
That doesn't make any sense. That would imply that people called him spic before he began spicposting.
>>
>>14228110
You are literally retarded
>>
>>14228746
Spicposting isn't even a thing, and if it were, I guess it would be like this: posting something that says anything bad about getter robo.
>>
>>14228746

They did. Everyone who posted in any Getter thread was called spic at some point.
>>
>>14228424
>sasword
Great Mazinger fucken where?
Hugs and kisses. Mixed messages.
>>
>>14228182
I think it handled the material in the manga pretty well. Finale is excellent too.
>>
>>14228110
But by that logic you should hate everything ever. So many fanbases are almost as retarded as the Getterpoofs. I just don't get it.
>>
>>14224826
Dayum look at dose boobs!
>>
>>14228163
>It's not like we wanted you anyway.
b-baka
>>
>>14230271
>Getterpoofs
The fuck
>>
>>14230764
spic-kun baka!
>>
>>14232107
Ah, the old Americunt being perplexed by the use of actual English over Americanese cliche. Never gets old.
>>
>>14230244
Grandmother said this, good things come to those that wait. Grandmother also said, timing 70s shows is hell.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.