[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Anti-Earth Union Group >but actually they want to free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
>Anti-Earth Union Group
>but actually they want to free both Earth and its colonies from the Titans' control
>and they wear Earth Federation style uniforms
????
>>
They are actually a part of the Earth Federation, but they're against the Union of Earth's elite. Basically speaking that they're a buncha reformists trying to take down the Earth Elite's corruption.
>>
After ousting the Titans, they really should have kept there sweet uniformspot and flight suits
>>
>Titans are EF
>AUEG is EF
>All three fight each other
???
>>
The name is confusing, I think because of the hyphen. Reading it, you would think they're the [Anti-Earth] Union Group, meaning they're a unified group opposing Earth or the Federation, but it's really the [Anti-Earth Union] group, which means they're opposed to the Titans' unification of Earth and the colonies.
>>
Gryps conflict is a federation civil war
>>
Did none of earths bigshot leaders ever watch cartoons or play videogames growing up? Never even create an "elite unit" or "intellgence division" or such things seperate from the main army. It never ends well.
>>
Fav. part
>Claim to oppose the feds and believe in leaving the Earth
>First chance they get the go and be the Feddies new bitch boy police force
shit organization
I am very ignorant in UC lore so please tell me why I am wrong
>>
>>14221867
Given Zeta Gundam was one of the earliest shows to do that kind of story, you're asking

>did nobody in Zeta Gundam watch Zeta Gundam?
>>
>>14221595

You're putting your hyphen in the wrong place, its the Anti Earth-Union Group. With the Earth-Union being the union of the Titans and Earth Federation.
>>
>>14221971
AEUG doesn't particularly believe in leaving the Earth. Char does, but he doesn't do a lot to act on it at the time besides discuss it with Amuro.

The AEUG basically exists for the purpose of stopping the abuses of the Titans. Once that was taken care of they had no reason to exist anymore and went their separate ways. Since most of the membership was Federation military and had proven extremely effective at combating rogue elements and Neo Zeon, they wound up being formed into Londo Bell to take the place of the Titans only without the rampant corruption.
>>
>>14221982
I agree that it would make more sense if the hyphen was where you put it, but it seems that the hyphen is between Anti and Earth in official material.
>>
>>14221971
Did anyone in the AEUG other than Char want to leave the Earth? The AEUG was mostly anti-Titans and a good chunk of their officers were presumably former EF. Plus Haman immediately attacked the Earth Sphere after Gryps and a good number of the former Titans joined her. Basically even if people in the AEUG didn't want to joint the EF the kinda had to or get stomped by Axis.
>>
>>14221982
>>14222014
I always saw Anti-Earth as in who best represented the Earth at the moment which would be the Titans and the Union Group part being that the faction consists mainly of ex-Zeon and Federation members putting aside their differences to stop a new faction they both dislike.
>>
>>14221972
Wait, whoa, I'm dumb. Keep forgetting the series was airing in '85 and likely in planning a year or more before then. Games back then barely had story, and a good deal of anime was still episodic.
>>
File: nadia-nadieva-occhio.jpg (14 KB, 598x170) Image search: [Google]
nadia-nadieva-occhio.jpg
14 KB, 598x170
>>14221595
I never realized how much the AEUG logo reminds me of the Neo Atlantis logo. Huh.
>>
>>14222126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYxTE42WAQ
>>
>>14221595
They are called Anti Earth United Government

the early name was a severe case of engrish
>>
>>14222025
Union Group is redundant though.

AEUG: Anti- EarthUnion Group, ie, a Group that opposes (Anti-) the Earth Union (Federation + Titans).
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.