[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime is saved. SAVED! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Anime is saved.
SAVED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXW1waqRCb0 [Embed]

>dat top-tier CGI
>Those super detailed characters
>dat shading

Based Netflix!
>>
Already have a thread.

Also that dialogue is terrible and the 2D animation isn't very impressive.
>>
>>14220889
>anime
>western

Anime ja nai.
>>
>>14220889
I smell a Thundercats reboot 2.0
i.e. it's going to rock for the first quarter or so and then just fall of like a sack of rock; based largely on that lack of frames in the 2D.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.
>>
>>14220889
> dat top-tier CGI
Yeah the models are nice, but the animation's as janky as anything else's. ik the fps really eats up the memory, but there's no reason to let it get THAT choppy.
>>
Korratron
>>
>>14224914
People don't like high frame rates because "it looks like a soap opera"
>>
>>14220889
>anime

It looks exactly like Avatar. Same exact art style.
>>
>>14225066
Only in live action, and you can't deny that it does. I can only hope that the connotation dies.
>>
>>14225066
> applying live-action criticisms to animation
kay
>>
>>14225066
the fuck is this, 2014?
>>
>>14220889
Well... it looks like it's trying to be Korra and it's got that super gloss on all the 2d metal like it's trying to be Megas or something, but the frames on the 2D are even lower than the frames on the 3D. Sidonia was the same way, but I just figured that was the crew being new or the budget being rock-bottom; both probably apply to this too, but now that two seperate shows have done it I've little faith left for Whoever Animation.

That said, I'm going to watch it, but my expectations are pretty rock bottom.
>>
>>14224914
>ik the fps really eats up the memory,
Where'd you get that idea? That's high grade bollocks. This was animated at a silky smooth 10000 fps and then MADE choppy as a 'stylistic choice' just like all choppy CG.
>>
>>14225072
>and you can't deny that it does.
Most certainly I deny it! Having more clarity is an objectively good thing and soaps aren't the only thing ever to use 30fps. (Why do they? There's nothing to see!)

If it wasn't for this bizarre train of thought we'd have 60fps, maybe even 120fps movies by now.
>>
>>14220889
Well, at least the made the black lion bigger than everyone else this time.
>>
File: groucho-marx-03.jpg (38 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
groucho-marx-03.jpg
38 KB, 300x360
>>14226472
>>
>Those inner mechanical workings

It's 2016 and it looks really awkward compared to stuff Japan put out during the 90s.

Show looks kind of fun? Might check out a few eps.
>>
>>14225072
You get used to it incredibly quickly and then you realise that it looks much better.

The Hobbit trying to push it failed because people watch it for two hours, go "i'm not used to this therefore it's bad" and never watch any more so they don't adjust to it.
>>
>that dialogue
I've had my fill of stupid fucking quips.
>>
>>14225072
>>14226343
>>14226903
As far as I know, only anime-styled French productions tend to use higher framerates on a more or less frequent basis.
>>
>>14224906
>I smell a Thundercats reboot 2.0 i.e. it's going to rock for the first quarter
The Thundercats reboot only "rocked" for about 2 episodes. And then there were a couple (literal) of random good ones in the middle.
>>
>>14220889
>non Japanese
>good
>non Japanese
>/m/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.