[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about /m/sploitation movies.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: The_Machine_Girl.jpg (44 KB, 300x425) Image search: [Google]
The_Machine_Girl.jpg
44 KB, 300x425
Let's talk about /m/sploitation movies.
>>
File: Star Virgin.jpg (71 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
Star Virgin.jpg
71 KB, 480x720
>>14216089
This thing has a mechanical tank, a Robo Samurai Predator and a Mech the size of the Statue of liberty (as it was made from it) among other crazy shit
>>
>>14216656
interesting
>>
>>14216089
Fucking

Robo Geisha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrKLjoWcbs
>>
File: 151843_01.jpg (236 KB, 550x778) Image search: [Google]
151843_01.jpg
236 KB, 550x778
Cyborgs are /m/, right?
>>
>>14216089
Is Planet Terror /m/?
>>
Robo Geisha was fun, but the drama-parts made it really wierd.
>>
We used to get one of these flicks every couple months, but in the past couple years it seems like it completely died out. Was it just Noboru Iguchi/Yoshihiro Nishimura moving on to other stuff, or did sales fall off?
I figure the implosion of DVD labels like Tokyo Shock/Sushi Typhoon and Discotek getting out of the toku market had something to do with it, too, since these movies always seemed like a bigger thing in the US than they were in Japan.
>>
File: RoboGeisha-Pagoda.gif (3 MB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
RoboGeisha-Pagoda.gif
3 MB, 500x275
>>14220040
None of the plot stuff made any sense, but I was too drunk to care when I watched it
>>
>>14216089
>not calling them mechsploitation films
>>
>>14220479
I feel the same way, and I'm not sure there's one cause for this.
I used to be able to hop on Netflix and find an over the top shlocky Japanese movie, but now their selection is dead.
>>
>>14220479
>Was it just Noboru Iguchi/Yoshihiro Nishimura moving on to other stuff
Probably, though I can't say if they decided to shift focus BECAUSE of low sales. If you look at the surge of this stuff we got in the 00s, it was prolific but it was mostly the same handful of names over and over who were making it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.