[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the Astray cut from the original SEED?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: astray.png (417 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
astray.png
417 KB, 639x479
Why was the Astray cut from the original SEED?
>>
It... wasn't?
>>
D-Did you not see the Astray appear at ORB?
>>
>>14210886
>>14210891
I'm not talking about the M1 Astrays. I'm talking about the Red Frame which was the original SEED's OP https://youtu.be/EMRaR15RBno?t=48s
>>
I don't know, a katana gebdum would be great for the male part of seeds intended audience
>>
>>14210937
Fun fact - the VERY first teasers for SEED even intro'd the Astray in the same fashion as they did each of the five main Gundams of the series. Complete with the narrator giving it a lead-in and it getting its own title card.

It was on YT but apparently they copped it because the end of the trailer had part of the first ED that marked it a copyright violation. Been trying to find another link for it.
>>
>>14211045
>astray team with astray girls
Would make the show way better. But i think they had too many characters and by destiny its a mess with characters.
>>
>>14210937
>Seed was 14 years ago

How time flies.
>>
>>14210937

It's most likely to drum up exposure of the MSVs that ran about the same time as SEED did. Put a cursory appearance into the main show, throw up the MSV manga elsewhere and let the hype resonate off each other; "hey wasn't this thing in the OP? Oh shi-".

Then again, who knows? Perhaps they might have intended to show the Frames at some point in the story.
>>
>>14210884
The Seed and Seed Destiny openings are always full of fun stuff. I love how that one image of the Destiny flying towards the Destroy in opening 2 had the Freedom next to it, makes you wonder when Strike Freedom was actually finalized or if they really wanted that to be a secret. They later replaced the Freedom with the Legend or something in that scene for the following openings.
>>
>>14211223
The Strike Freedom was already on ED2.
>>
>>14211223
I hate how SEED's 3rd OP spoiled everything on the second half long before it happens.
>>
>>14211232

I'm pretty sure Destiny's second OP spoiled that Neo Roanoke was Mu (technically obvious, but in a series with KURONS, still not certain) like 12 episodes before it was actually revealed

The OP version was way more dramatic too
>>
>>14211089
Besides the Re-Home appearing as an easter egg near the end of the show, the Red Frame itself also should have appeared during the Kira yamato teleporting to space episode and also others because the the Astray manga was the first side-story running concurrently that was related to the TV and providing insights into what happened during the main plot. I don't think we'll ever know if it was due to time constraints or licensing that prevented the Red Frame from just being a teaser in OP 1.
>>
>>14210884
It was too good for that turdfest.
>>
>>14214331
astray is too full of wacky shit and cliche writing to be good

you do know the majority if not all of astray is tomohiro chiba's work, right? you faggots bash chiba for writing fon spark and other edgy shit in the 00 sidestory mangas all the time
>>
>>14214342
Lowe gear is our secondary jesus who makes cave tony stark look primitive
>>
>>14214362
in the latest manga he's a salesman for a swiss army knife of a civilian mobile suit "tool" that is a military grade giant sword, beam rifle, and mirage colloid emitter, it also conveniently has limiters on it that will unlock for self defense

that and the latest red frame astray can now float and fly thanks to three of those things being mounted on it, sorta like how 00 mobile suits can float and propel itself with GN particles
>>
>>14214404
As expected of our humble Lowe sama
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.