[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Bellri
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: 1448653232667.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448653232667.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
RIP Bellri
>>
File: 1414932465100.jpg (29 KB, 210x215) Image search: [Google]
1414932465100.jpg
29 KB, 210x215
Mask got his revenge.
>>
>>14208061
>Mask has blue hair
>Hayate has blue hair

BRAVO KAWAMORI
>>
>>14207952
.......no fucking way
>>
File: GIRI GIRI AI.png (2 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
GIRI GIRI AI.png
2 MB, 1280x1440
>>14208160
WELCOME TO WALKÜRE WORLD
>>
File: 1413773856717.jpg (100 KB, 1056x590) Image search: [Google]
1413773856717.jpg
100 KB, 1056x590
>>14208160
You better believe it.
>>
File: halp.jpg (19 KB, 200x147) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
19 KB, 200x147
>>14208181
I believe it.
>>
File: Bellri Za Fool.jpg (406 KB, 726x1200) Image search: [Google]
Bellri Za Fool.jpg
406 KB, 726x1200
>>14207952
>>14208061
>>14208179
>>14208181
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>14208160
>>
>>14208629
Would have lived if he had EX-Gear.
>>
>>14207952
Who's this? A character ripoff? WTF
>>
>>14207952
AIDA AKHBAR
>>
>>14208629
He deserved it for wasting time with the shitty arm guns instead of one-shotting Mirage with the gunpod.

Bellri wouldn't have made the same mistake. He always shot to warn.
>>
>>14208911
He would have torpedoed her, if you know what I mean.
>>
I have to wonder what Bellri's reaction would be if he ran into him in SRW.
>>
File: Bellri.png (405 KB, 720x419) Image search: [Google]
Bellri.png
405 KB, 720x419
>>14208952
>>
bellri cant die, he lives as a dictator
>>
File: G-Reco-Aida.jpg (51 KB, 600x546) Image search: [Google]
G-Reco-Aida.jpg
51 KB, 600x546
>>14209077
>He lives as the enforcer of a dictator
ftfy
>>
File: 1456086455743.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456086455743.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>14207952
>you don't see him die

He will be back. We can plug him into a robot and he'll come out stronger.
>>
>>14208972
Is Bellri the most bloodthirsty MC in all of Gundam?
>>
>>14211106
Nah, that'd be Heero. He even got Amuro "They're trying to ground me for killing too fast, fuck them!" beat on the bloodlust.
>>
>>14211106

He's not even close. Of Tomino's main characters he's only more bloodthirsty than Loran. Heero, Garrod, Setsuna, Flit, Mikazuki and maybe even Kira are more bloodthirsty. The fact even Kira might be should tell you a lot.
>>
>>14211106
He's not bloodthirsty. He is just better than everyone else and knows. He's the embodyment of 'get good'.
>>
>>14207952
This was my reaction when Alto blew up in the TV Series.
>>
>>14211142
Garrod did attempt to stop killing at one point, it just didn't work out since he had to blow up an entire airport to stop a bombers from launching, so he just gave up on that afterwards.
>>
>>14211210
>has an MS that has a Siege Weapon for its main armament.
It was foolish. I kinda hate that the double X existed. I liked the idea of the Divider better.
>>
>>14211106
Bellri, isn't that bloodthirsty, but he's more of a crazy person than most others.
He mastered the concept of shifting blame on the victims when he kills them. Which is pretty low. The only person that can make him take responsibility for his actions is his sister and that's mostly because he's creepily, possessively in love with her.
>>
>>14207952

I admit, I mistook him for one of the twins at first watch and wondered why they're killing off someone so early.
>>
>>14211106
No but he is the most insane
Other crazy fucks like Uso or Amuro have very good reasons to be a few screws loose due to being child soldiers and all the deaths

Bellri seems to have been a fucking madman since the day he was born (as prince of the moon)
The only gundam character as crazy as Bell is Char
>>
>>14211226
I think the DX's problem is it's really boring loadout.
>>
>>14211236

> that's mostly because he's creepily, possessively in love with her.

He lusts for her in a rather low level wsy till he finds our they're related, goes out to fight to work out his frustrations and is just her brother after that. At no point is he 'creepily possessive'.
>>
>>14211278
People have been trying to force "lol bellri incest XD" for so long that I think they're starting to believe it.
>>
Wasn't master Herman managed to grab him out? unless my eyes are deceiving me
>>
>>14211210
>>14211226
Garrod's big hangup was that by the time he gets the DX he doesn't want to use the Satellite Cannon if at all possible, because it's a fucking nuke and no sane person would just drop a nuke willy-nilly.

The DX only fires the TSC six times in the entire show. The first two shots were to scare off an army and stave off a much bloodier war, the next three were in his big colony laser gambit, and the final one was at the Frost Brothers.
>>
Bellri "End this war so I can fuck my sister." Zenam is dead?
>>
>>14211734
Meanwhile he has zero issue whatsoever with just killing people with his beam rifle and saber, it's just too bad for him he's piloting a walking war crime that's designed almost entirely to fire nukes instead of actually fight things regularly.
>>
>>14211734

>because it's a fucking nuke and no sane person would just drop a nuke willy-nilly.

Bellri would because it makes for a very effective warning shot.
>>
>>14211712
It's because the doujins are too good, anon.
>>
>>14211842
The GReco comes equipped with a nuke as a failsafe doesn't it?!
>>
>>14211854
>the GReco
Thank goodness it didn't flop, then.
>>
I'm lost. Why RIP?
>>
>>14211872
Did you see the episode?
>ejects too late
> caught in his fighters' blast radius in nothing more than a spacesuit
>>
>>14211870
I forgot the name of the G. insert ptsdBestGirl.png
>>
>>14211872
Character in delta looks like him got killed
>>
>>14211744

A nuke (or colony laser) is not implicitly a war crime. It's only a war crime if you use it on civilian populations unprovoked. Even the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki wasn't a war crime because the US had already bombed in to rubble a lot of much bigger cities and the nuke was just seen as a more efficient way of doing the same. The view of it as horrific only came afterwards.
>>
>>14211997
>implying bombing civilian population centers isn't a war crime already

But even still, Japan should have just surrendered earlier. It's a shame it had to come down to that but that's the future they chose.
>>
>>14212012

Late WWII Japan's military was completely insane and had control of the driver's seat. No chance in hell they would've surrendered earlier.
>>
>>14211719

Herman tried to grab him, but just before he got there the explosion happened. If there was any doubt in your mind as to whether or not the guy made it out in time, look at Herman's reaction just after the explosion. That is not the face of a man who is relieved that he made it in time to save a pupil.
>>
>>14212012

In a really twisted way, it actually worked out well for them.

In our timeline, we used nukes to force their surrender, and then went in an helped rebuild their country as an excuse to wage a major culture war against them, largely neutering them as a power and making them feel super, super guilty... but they did end up becoming a prosperous country afterwards while allied to us. Like, 3rd biggest economy in the world for a while.

Things probably wouldn't have looked so great for them under other conditions. If we had to go in on the ground, it would have been a much bloodier war for both sides. More civilian japanese deaths. But, way more important than that, Russia would have had time to mount THEIR invasion of Japan too. To 'help'.
This would have very likely ended up with a "North Japan/South Japan" split, and after such a bloody conflict not only would we have been less disposed to helping them rebuild their country but we wouldn't have been in a position to do so anyway. Their nation would have been torn apart in the cold tug-of-war, like Berlin and Korea were.

Its really hard to imagine that timeline working out for them anywhere near as well as the real one did. And we probably wouldnt have gotten anime out of it either.
>>
>>14212025
To be perfectly fair I believe they did offer to surrender earlier.

It's just that their idea of 'surrender' was 'you all stop attacking us and we get to keep all the places we invaded'.
>>
>>14212111

Like I said, they were nuts. There was absolutely zero chance of that ever happening, especially considering the crimes they had committed at that point.
>>
File: ror-08.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ror-08.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>14212046
>>14212046
>Things probably wouldn't have looked so great for them under other conditions. If we had to go in on the ground, it would have been a much bloodier war for both sides. More civilian japanese deaths. But, way more important than that, Russia would have had time to mount THEIR invasion of Japan too. To 'help'.
This would have very likely ended up with a "North Japan/South Japan" split, and after such a bloody conflict not only would we have been less disposed to helping them rebuild their country but we wouldn't have been in a position to do so anyway. Their nation would have been torn apart in the cold tug-of-war, like Berlin and Korea were.

Hey, I remember that game! It was pretty cool.
>>
>>14211106
>>14211142
>talk of bloodthirsty pilots
>no uso
the guy was a fucking weapon on his own
>>
>>14212130
Usso has the highest on-screen confirmed kill count, EXCLUDING the time he used a WMD to wipe out an entire fleet.
>>
>>14212157
And that's just in ONE series, compared to some of the other protagonists who've had multiple
>>
>>14212157
Actually I recall Amuro (and of all people, Trowa) edging out in front of him. >>14212167
still holds though.
>>
>>14212012
>>14212046

It wasn't actually the nuke that forced their hand. They didn't even really notice it, because they didn't care that just one bomb had leveled Hiroshima or Nagasaki, when their 50 largest cities or something were all already rubble because of a multitude of bombs. History says it was the bombs, and fear of them grew after the fact when their destructive capability became widespread, but it was really Russia refusing to take their side in negotiations that made them surrender on the US's terms.

Also, the reason the US dropped all those bombs and that it wasn't a war crime was because Operation Downfall (nukes included) was seen as the humane and simple method of pacifying Japan. Japanese Soldiers had been feeding Japanese civilians tales about US soldiers raping women and killing children for years as they fought over the Pacific, so basically every time the US captured an island they had to pay in blood to do so. Lots of blood. Every Japanese soldier fought to the death and a lot of the civilians commit suicide they were so afraid of capture by the US. Which cost a lot of US marine, navy and airforce lives and a lot of money. Rather than invade Japan, which was estimated to cost half a million soldiers and millions of Japanese lives - they bombed them, because it was seen as a better method of pacification, at least in terms of US lives if nothing else.

Japan got word Russia wasn't planning on helping them negotiate surrender the day after the second bomb, and then surrendered because of it. With the US attributing it to the bombs because of that coincidental timing and not really knowing any better.

>>14212130

You should learn to read. I didn't mention him by name, but I did mention him by proxy.
>>
>>14212046
>Japan
>super, super guilty

Everything else I'd agree with. Japan came out of WW2 quite well in comparison to how things could have gone.
>>
>>14211278
He switched sides to run after Aida's pussy. I would say he was at the very least crazy.
>>
>>14212179

I think the people Monday morning quarterbacking about ending Japan's involvement in WWII don't realize there was no "good" way to pacify Japan at that point. A lot of force was going to be needed to pacify Japan by the end of WWII because of how fanatic their military and government were at that point. People, from soldiers to civilians, WERE going to die, no matter what. By that time, the questions were "How much force is needed?' and "How can we reduce casualties on our end?", not "How can we make Japan sit down and give everyone hugs and kisses?".
>>
>>14212205

He switched sides as a spy for Cumpa anon, not because of Aida. He shows interest in her until he learns they're related, but he didn't switch for her and never became crazy or creepy about it.
>>
So anyway, NotBellri was 15 and he loved to pick apples!
>>
>>14212205
People who say this are literally retarded. Bellri outright says he's there to spy on the Megafauna and it's shown he didn't believe they were just pirates, but Amerian agents like Cumpa suggested.

In fact, he outright spies on Ameria's fleet movements when he gets the reflector pack and plans to take it back, but he ends up getting into a fight with Dellenson.

It's only after this point, after seeing that the Capital Tower and the CA have egregiously violated the Taboo, that he turns against them.
>>
>>14212120
What is the source of this screenshot?
>>
>>14212210
No, I understood that in my post. I was saying that I wish we didn't have to bomb the shit out of their cities, nukes or otherwise, but there was nothing else we could do in the situation and they decided to continue on that path. Obviously the continuous bombing ended the war in the sense that there was no realistic way to mount a defensive against an invasion (which would only happen in order to negotiate better terms of surrender) but it was the idea of facing down both the US and Russia that made them surrender for good. I'm simply saying I wish they had surrendered before we had to unleash LeMay on them.
>>
>>14212751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UuvwB4NvHk
>>
File: 114.jpg (622 KB, 1280x3073) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
622 KB, 1280x3073
>>14212286
>but he didn't switch for her

It is among the reasons.
>>
>>14212810

I'm not talking about you; I'm talking about in general whenever the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are brought up.
>>
>>14214231

And I do agrre with you that it would've been good if they had surrendered earlier, but that was an almost impossability at that point.
>>
>>14214198

> He switched for her
> Posts a picture after he switched saying he'll fight as an apology

He'd spread started working as a double agent by then.
>>
>>14211264
True dat
>>
>>14212179
Hard to argue this when members of that operation outright admit to committing what they considered were warcrimes.
>>
>>14215018

Just because they consider them war crimes doesn't make it true. They could have objected on those grounds at the time (though I'm pretty sure the term wasn't in use at that time), but (a) there was no better alternative and (b) someone else would have done it in their place because of (a). They probably wouldn't have even gotten much heat since there were enough people and few options besides them. They'd have been discharged, but probably not much more.
>>
>>14215026
>They could have objected on those grounds at the time
That'd have been very believable, what with the airforce having made a campaign of setting fire to every sleeping granny they could hit from their aircrafts for months at that point.
>>
>>14215027

I figured you meant the entire bombing campaign, rather than just the nukes. What with the nukes just being an extension of said bombing campaign, and a more efficient method of doing it by using one bomb instead of hundreds.

If you're going to crucify for one, the other is really no better. Not that the US had much choice but to bomb regardless, since they'd already fought the Japanese back across most of the Pacific to their home island at huge cost on both sides with no surrender when they asked. Invasion would have cost even more Japanese lives. All they did was reduce their own losses. The Japanese probably lost less in the bombings than they'd have lost through invasion given the absurdly high rate of civilian suicide the Marines had encountered in the Pacific.
>>
>>14215100
>>14215027
Not to mention that the Empruh, or probably just High Command, has authorized last-ditch home guard units from youth groups, students, and probably even old-timers, who were expected to hold off the Americans with what few 'weapons' they could pick up.
>>
>>14215100
>All they did was reduce their own losses.

Please. The plan for the pacific war that wasn't picked was inspired by the German invasion of France, so there was potential to reduce losses from the outset. They deliberately decided against that route.
>>
>>14215141

The German invasion of France relied on the Maginot Line being ineffective against air power (which wasn't foreseen during its construction) and the French putting up minimal resistance - how does that apply to Japan?
>>
>>14215141
Whether they chose to throw away that route or not is not important, because in the end Japan was willing to throw ALL THE BODIES at the invasion force. Massive loses WILL be incurred.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.