[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Getter Robo Timeless?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Armageddon_Extras_16.jpg (63 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Armageddon_Extras_16.jpg
63 KB, 720x480
>Getter Robo is immortal
Do you agree with this sentiment, /m/? Is Getter such a great series that it will truly never die, or is he delusional and stupid?
>>
The only works that aren't timeless are the ones that root themselves too much in the time they were written.

The manga Pluto, while very good, is not timeless because a giant part of the backstory is a parallel to the War on Terror, and the Iraq War specifically. In a decade its relevance will have been out of the collective conciousness.
>>
>>14202318
Today I went on an image board and learned that Apocalypse Now is not timeless because it's about Vietnam.
>>
>>14202335

It's not actually about Vietnam though, considering its source material. The Vietnam part is completely superficial.
>>
>>14202318
>>14202363
Doesn't this guy ever quit

>>14202335
I guess The Three Musketeers isn't timeless either! Or even Gone With the Wind.
>>
>>14202371

The Three Musketeers isn't remotely fucking timeless. It's very much a skewed portrait of 15th century france presented through the pen of a black man who was constantly in need of money throughout his life.
>>
>>14202379
Next he's going to say that The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha isn't timeless!
>>
>>14202404

Even less timeless than fucking Pamela, my dude.

The whole concept of "timelessness" was invented by stupid keks. Nothing is timeless unless memed into existence.

The Victorians made Shakespeare "timeless", and he subsists on the inertia of that alone. It's an inertia which is dying out, so modern scholars try to find gay shit and racial shit in Shakespeare to keep him relevant.

It's all a lot of nonsense.
>>
>>14202404

Don Quixote is purposely anachronistic for the purpose of its main character. You can technically place it at any point in history past the point that Quixote acts like it is.
>>
>>14202424
>Don Quixote is purposely anachronistic

Its context is the danger of the knightly romance as a genre, though. Without that it's just a story about a funny old man who gets broken by the world and dies.
>>
>>14202413
>>14202424
Now he's going to say To Kill a Mocking Bird isn't timeless!
>>
>>14202430

WHY DO YOU KEEP CITING NOVELS THAT RELY ALMOST ENTIRELY ON A STRICT HISTORICAL CONTEXT TO MAKE SENSE (except Don Quixote)
>>
Itt: filthy spics get btfo by Schwartz
>>
>>14202437
Because you literally claimed
>The only works that aren't timeless are the ones that root themselves too much in the time they were written.
Silly spic!
>>
>>14202489

No, that's a different anon (who's probably only posted twice in this thread). I'm the one who started ragging on the Three Musketeers and Pamela, because fuck Pamela.
>>
>>14202295
>Next Episode: Getter Robo dies in magma
>>
Gurren Laggan is timeless.
>>
I see this thread is full of the only thing worse than spics and dagos: /lit/cucks
>>
>>14202832
>HNNG STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT MAKE ME USE MY BRAIN
>>
>>14202852
More like
>stop shitposting about things that are completely irrelevant to this board
Also
>implying anything mentioned in this thread requires you to use your brain
/lit/cucks are delusional and stupid enough to think that their garbage is better than everything else though, so it's not surprising.
>>
>>14202852

Now if only your implication was actually accurate to /lit/
>>
>mario makes dumb comment
>get put in place by multiple examples
>STAHP!!!11
>>
>>14203301

But I spent my whole day off, sorry.
>>
>>14203301

Not him but the argument of "timeless" just reminds me of the bullshit statement in Amadeus as to why all the court wants from him are the classics

>I am fed to the teeth with elevated themes! Old dead legends! Why must we go on forever writing about gods and legends?
>Because THEY do. They go on forever. Or at least what they represent. The eternal in us. Opera is here to enoble us. You and me, just the same as His Majesty.
>>
>>14203578
I'm reminded of Dante Alighieri's 5th canto in Paradiso

your a fag
>>
>>14202295
Post more extras
>>
>>14203301
What dumb comment would that be?
>>
>>14203588

And you're so lofty it's as though you shit marble!
>>
>>14206516
S-Shut up spìc!
>>
>getter thread
>full of autism as always
Never change /m/
>>
>>14206561
Too true.
>>
File: spics_3.jpg (43 KB, 428x480) Image search: [Google]
spics_3.jpg
43 KB, 428x480
>>14206561
>full of spics as always
ftfy
>>
>>14207240
>spic_3

How many do you even have
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.