[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mecha Nostalgia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: transformers.jpg (66 KB, 300x436) Image search: [Google]
transformers.jpg
66 KB, 300x436
Do you guys have any fun memories of mecha from your youth?
I remember when I was 5 I used to go to blockbuster with my uncle and everytime I'd always pick out the transformers movie with whatever else we got
>>
File: Robo-Dexo_2000.png (733 KB, 1050x790) Image search: [Google]
Robo-Dexo_2000.png
733 KB, 1050x790
>>14202120
Sure do. I wonder if I owe my interest in /m/ to Gendy Tartakovsky?
>>
>>14202136
>Gendy Tartakovsky
that episode was pretty fun,probably one of my faves along with the one where he made a new robot and it malfunctioned
>>
Beast Wars/Beast Machines, man. That 3D blew my mind at the time.
>>
File: Beastwarsmaxgroup.jpg (101 KB, 787x595) Image search: [Google]
Beastwarsmaxgroup.jpg
101 KB, 787x595
>>14202157
Same here.
>>
>>14202120
I have a horrible memory, so not in the slightest. Which is more of a good thing than anything else, in all honesty.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>14202120
I remember watching the 4kids dub of Ultraman Tiga a few times. I wasn't quite aware what Ultraman was or where it was an original adaptation or not back then, but it certainly felt cheap and botched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkJm_K7ZoE
>>
>>14202120
That movie still has the best soundtrack.
>>
>>14202120
my memory has been shitty nowadays it sucks i can't remember so much
>>
>>14206686
this
>>
They have yet to find a voice actor who comes even close to the original Unicron
>>
>>14206009
I remember watching the original ultraman as a kid.

I still remember that one episode where one of the other characters was tied to a cross.
>>
>>14202157
>>14202170
Beast Wars was great
>>
>>14208148
That's because Unicron was voiced by a past-his-prime, ill, and thoroughly unhappy with the role Orson Welles. To give his voice some emphasis, it was run through machinery. His lack of effort was what gave us Unicron as he appears in the movie.
>>
>>14208206
Beast Machines on the other hand
>>
>>14206686
Rocky 4 has more of it. And a robot
>>
>>14209064
What a fucking mess
>>
>>14202179

Look son, I'm sorry about all those years I spent molesting you. Please give your mother and I a call. She's become a totally frigid bitch and I miss the times you and I shared.
>>
>>14208346

He actually died about 3/4th's through production and Nimoy actually did the last few lines of Unicron. If you listen closely in the final battle, you can hear the difference.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.