[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Poorly received anime that are actually pretty good. Recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Big_Wars_DVD_Cover.jpg (83 KB, 349x500) Image search: [Google]
Big_Wars_DVD_Cover.jpg
83 KB, 349x500
ITT: Poorly received anime that are actually pretty good.

Recently I've been watching lowly rated /m/ anime to see if they're actually as bad as the ratings suggest and just finished Big Wars. The reviews for it and the ratings for it are incredibly negative and low. I seriously can't figure out why.

The animation, character designs, direction, mechanical designs, and story are consistently decent - very good. Everything looks great, the pacing is good, there's some fun horror elements and plenty of excitement. The characters are also surprisingly well developed for such a short film.

Why is it considered shit?
>>
>>14200352
It's just pretty forgettable, is all. You should try something like Divergence Eve next, OP.
>>
>>14200352
You're a big war
>>
>>14200367
Maybe if I wanted to kill myself from the awful CG
>>
>>14200352
Zeorymer
>>
>>14200352
I'm sorry but anything with the completely childish title "Big Wars" can not be good. Just leave already you're pathetic for even giving this garbage a chance.
>>
>>14205861
You can apply that same logic to most all /m/ series
>>
>>14205861
Gundumb
>>
>>14200352
where can i watch this?
>>
Gundam SEED isnt all that bad
as people make it out to be, granted, Kira is still an unlikable piece of shit and I have yet to see Destiny
>>
>>14208239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf3HtegEppc
>>
>>14200352
Try Pilot Candidate
>>
>>14200352
Animation wise it wasn't bad at all.
Story wise it was far too rushed.
>>
>>14208810
Yeah, it really needed at least double it's running time.
>>
>>14208800
Hahaha
FUCK YOU
U
C
K
Y
O
U
>>
>>14208810
Still doesn't warrant a 5/10 though
>>
>>14200352
Genocyber. It's looked at as part of this classic package of terrible anime that CPM used to push. Honestly speaking, though, the first episode is excellent, and 2 & 3 are still pretty good. 4 & 5 may be trash, but they're at least interesting trash. Koichi Ohada is clearly trying to say something throughout the series, which is more than can be said about most anime today.
>>
File: genocyber.png (857 KB, 1017x761) Image search: [Google]
genocyber.png
857 KB, 1017x761
>>14209510
Yeah, I just watched the first episode and saw that most people seem to thing it's confusing trash that makes no sense. What the fuck? How is it confusing at all when it's completely straight forward? God, the anime community is fucking brain dead.
>>
>>14209723
It's trash regardless. I also hope you realize that you just insulted yourself like a dumbass.
>>
>>14209723
It could have something to do with the dub, but, then again, I watched the series with the dub and understood it just fine. I think people's brains are turning to mush from all the anime that come out with those huge-ass infodumps.

>>14209817
I fail to see how he insulted himself.
>>
>>14209817
Oh it's you again, spic.
>>
>>14209846
What is there to explain, even?
>>
>>14209851
It could be that people wanted a concrete, word-for-word explanation about all the mystical, metaphysical "vajranoid" stuff, but I honestly feel like it's better as it is.
>>
Big Wars is an adaptation of the 5th book of a novel series so I'm pretty sure the universe and characters in the novels are way more fleshed out and likable
>>
>>14208755
I havent any seed, but to my understanding, people here hate mostly destiny and the first season just falls the same package.
>>
>>14200352
It's neat eye candy.
>>
>>14211316
The captain dude eats his sushi with mayonayse.
>>
>>14211393
Older pilot dude likes to brag and exaggerate about his past.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.