[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /m/, /tg/ here. I've started to collect gunpla and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1459266718359.jpg (58 KB, 553x936) Image search: [Google]
1459266718359.jpg
58 KB, 553x936
Hey /m/, /tg/ here. I've started to collect gunpla and I'm curious what kind of ways there are too fight them are. You can't tell me you have all these cool models and no way to battle!
>>
>>14199545
no, there are no tabletop rules
>>
>>14199555
There are a couple of tabletop games that you could theoretically use gunpla as for markers/miniatures/things (Mekton Zeta comes to mind) but no, they're for fun.

Unless you want GUNPURA BATORU
>>
>>14199567

Not that fa/tg/uy, but is MZ any good? I've been exposed to it a little through a quest, and it seems pretty fun.
>>
>>14199567
Reminds me of that one game some guys made using models, it was quite fun but not many people could play it due to it being a real life thing.
>>
I've been experimenting with making my own rules for a Gunpla Tabletop game, reminiscent of a mix of Classic Battletech and Warhammer 40k. In my research, I've found many people have attempted to make Gunpla tabletop games, but most are only for UC mecha, nothing for any AU's.

I've got a framework down, it's just a matter of playtesting and trying to see how it works, and then there's balancing issues, and what not. Also making everything fair, so that it doesn't end up where one mobile suit can destroy a dozen grunt suits with no chance of the grunts getting any action, like the show does.
>>
>>14199580
Really crunchy. Lots of numbers and shit. Speeds up depending on how much extra shit you have on and when you're more experienced but bad at first.
>making a simple attack roll with a machine gun
>roll 1d10+related stat+skill
>defense rolls to defend with shield
>subtract the amount you beat the roll from your burst value, a modifier on the weapon
>this is the number of shots the shield takes
>check armor rating, subtract from the damage value of weapon
>if shield is destroyed, calculate how many shots go through to hit the arm which has its own health and armor
>roll a dodge check to see if you can dodge those
>check to see if the part explodes instantly
>almost all of these require rolls

>>14201483
Take your name off
>>
>>14201595

Other way around. Dodge, THEN parry.
>>
when in doubt, BT.
>>
>>14201615
Oh yeah, my bad. But still that doesn't include shit like electronic warfare.
>>
Closest thing I can think of for a tabletop kind of use for gunpla is mobile frame zero. It plays with legos normally, but can easily use gundams if you want it to.
>>
I use the smaller sized Converge figure lines for tabletop rules. You can build up an army pretty rapidly. Good luck finding the older figures, though
>>
>>14199545
Fighting with Gunpla 101
1)Pick up one gunpla in right hand
2) Swing right arm around making swoosh noises
3) pick up opposing gunpla in left hand
4) Hold left and right gunpla facing each other
5) Move them around making pew pew noises.
>>
>>14201483
>battletech and 40k
I actually had a similar idea, but it was Battletech with something like Renegade Legion's damage system (columns of armor squares, weapons do different patterns like Beam Rifle does a deep rectangle and machineguns do spread out damage, damage that goes internal provokes crit rolls)
>>
does /co/ shitpost to oblivion on your board too?
>>
>>14201772

The way I see it, 40K's rules are good for quick and dirty play, when you pit two relatively small armies, while CBT is really clunky, but has all those customization options for making your own battlemech. If you take something like the basic system for 40K, with wound allocation, and the basic statline for rolls, but distribute the "wounds per squad" thing that 40K has amongs the different limbs and parts of the Mech, then, in theory, you'll have something of a viable 40K army, but with a handful of models on the table.

At least, that's my logic, like I said, I still have a bunch to test out, and a LOT of statting to do, from ballistic to beam weapons and the sort.

And then there's close combat, which just feels like it'll be a nightmare to figure out, unless I take 40K's Assault phase and then cherry pick what will and won't work.
>>
>>14199545
There's several ways to do that; a few dedicated mech games, one made specifically for them called Mobile Solider in Action. Mekton Zeta's battle and design rulesets could easily allow for tabletop games (and even mention 1/144 models for use), and there's also plenty of generic sci-fi games that you could use, like Dirtside 2 which allow you to crunch up units.

If you speak Japanese, there are a shit tons of board and counter wargames out there that could be adapted.
>>
>>14201812
Why would you try and bash 40k for GW when there's far better stuff out there to use? Like Mekton Zeta and Jovian Chronicles for rules. I'm actually putting together some of the old 1/1200 ships with the suits and experimenting with some rulesets like Full Thrust for fleet combat, and I'm also thinking of writing a specific ruleset for fleet based robot action.
>>
>>14201823

Mostly because it's all I know. I've never heard or seen anything else. Also the fact it, and Battletech, use d6's. Figured, it would be easy to implement things between two systems that use d6's, albeit CBT uses 2d6 for everything, while 40K uses single d6's.
>>
>>14201595

I made Big Zam in MZ. Shit is beyond fucking cash because it's an efficient design in this system.
>>
>>14201773

/co/ and /tg/ disagree on what makes a hero. Fa/tg/uys are more like /m/en in terms of values.
>>
>>14201816
>If you speak Japanese, there are a shit tons of board and counter wargames out there that could be adapted.
>I don't speak japanese
DAMMIT

>tfw no Campaign for North AfricaJaburo
>>
>>14201964
>tfw no Campaign for North AfricaJaburo
iirc the Gundam tabletop chit game has North Africa for ZZ and Jaburo for First
>>
>>14201483
How funny, since I have also been working on similar concept with mixing WH40, Battletech and Warmachines.
In my system the tests are mostly done with d20, and some with d6.
>>
File: 1422594038537.jpg (250 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
1422594038537.jpg
250 KB, 800x1131
Its been done with MFZ, check the archives.
Pretty sure it'll get very stale after a while though.

You'll probably want them on an action base to avoid having to spend 5 mins posing every time you move
>>
>>14207529
but the posing makes it fun
>>
>>14201772
There's already a conversion to that in BT.
Personally, I think it needlessly ccomplicates a complicated game.
>>
Come to think of it, didn't reddit make their own Build Fighter tabletop game way back?
>>
>>14208045
>not wanting FULL COMPLICATION BATTLETECH
>then playing it in megamek so you don't have to do any of the rolls

do you even BT?
>>
>>14208344
I'll play with artillery, double-blind, infantry, ASF, hidden units, terrain CF, weather, caustic atmosphere, volcanoes, ghost targets, all the expanded combat rules from TO, you name it.

But to throw another layer on all that, and not have it be supported by MM...

I'd just rather not.
>>
>>14199545
>>14199555
Mobile Frame Zero, as Gunpla allow for loosing limbs and scale is similar enough.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.