[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was the deal with his plot about his sister? It just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: michael_blanc.jpg (13 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
michael_blanc.jpg
13 KB, 180x280
So what was the deal with his plot about his sister? It just got dropped. Was it ever elaborated on?
>>
He had a sister?

I remember nothing of this. Someone explain.
>>
>>14197113

He had a sister who was also a top tier sniper, but then she got court martialed for friendly fire/murder and suicided, but Michael thought there was some mystery and conspiracy behind it and it may have been connected to the Galaxy Fleet somehow... then it just gets forgotten after the one episode.
>>
Totally dropped. Like completely.
>>
>>14197126
> Michael thought there was some mystery and conspiracy behind it and it may have been connected to the Galaxy Fleet somehow

what.

>>14197107
His sister joined military and was in a relationship with her superior.
Before sortie, her boyfriend/superior decided to break up with sister.
During that mission, she hit the superior via friendly fire. Apparently by accident.
She got court martial-ed, and committed suicide soon after.

IIRC Michael also shoots someone via friendly fire or someshit, but he doesn't kill them, but he gets super depressed.
>>
>>14197212

Michael believed his sister was innocent and there was more to the story. And with everything going on in the story I thought it would tie back to the Galaxy since everything else did.
>>
His sister was a sniper like him who was secretly having a relationship with her commanding officer. They had a break up and during an operation she missed and accidently killed him. She came under suspicion of using the incident to kill him on purpose and was court martialed.
>>
>>14197107
>>14197127
But that's the point of the episode. To help Michel forget the whole ordeal with his sister and get over it.
It doesn't seem to be related to main story conspiracy or anything. It's just character development episode.
>>
>>14197372
The problem isn't the thing with his sister, it's that at the end of the episode he says "I will figure out what really happened and understand what love truly is" and then they never bring that up again until the episode when he dies. Hell when Klan mentions it I fucking forgot that was a thing he was trying to figure out
>>
It was the only episode that sucked.
>>
>>14197704

It was the exact point Frontier went to shit, only picking up again in time for the finale.
>>
>>14197780
No, because after that were the Macross Zero tribute, Seikan Hikou and second major attack on the Vajra episodes which were great. Then after Brera comes in it stagnates for a while
>>
>>14197464
At least he calmed down and the issue doesn't affect his performance and relationship with other SMS member, which is the most important thing.
Surely he's still seeking the truth after that, but maybe not as obsessed as before. It's more like a vow or long term promise, the way I see it.
>>
>>14197239
From what I understood is that people really did believe his sister shot her ex boyfriend and he believed she didn't so he just wanted to know the actual truth
>>
>>14197107
Michael was supposed to die in the first cour. Then authors decided to change that and they had to fill the hole with something else.
>>
>>14201045
>Michael was supposed to die in the first cour.
I remembered it was something like this. That they changed something and that's why the middle of the show felt considerably slower and weird
>>
That episode killed all the momentum going from ep 7. Frontier was absolute perfection until then.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.