[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gatchaman, Casshan, Polymar Holy Blood, Tekkaman Blade >there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: time_bokan_by_kazmon-d35m1k7.jpg (367 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
time_bokan_by_kazmon-d35m1k7.jpg
367 KB, 1200x600
>Gatchaman, Casshan, Polymar Holy Blood, Tekkaman Blade
>there was no Time Bokan 90's OVA that is full of edginess

why
>>
Time Bokan is way too wacky for that (even in Yoru no Yatterman, that had some silliness). Also, the franchise was somewhat active at that point via video games, radio dramas, and that Hissatsuman OVA that's not acknowledged by Tatsunoko.
>>
I can't even imagine that. Even Yoru no Yatterman was full of goofy stuff, despite looking really bleak.
>>
>>14196709
I wonder why Tekkaman Blade is the only 90s Tatsunoko show that's had lasting influence.
>>
>>14196709
Probably because the 70s version of most of those were full of that stuff to begin with, but Time Bokan wasn't.
>>
>>14196879
>implying
>>
>>14196879
well, unlike the other three, it was its own series rather than a retelling.
>>
>>14196709
Even Rayearth and Escaflowne followed that trend
>>
>>14198125
despite being from the 90s already
>>
>>14198128
90s is edgy in general
>>
>>14196709
The assistant girl's spine breaking in the beginning of Polymar still freaks me out.
>>
File: 1445879360623.jpg (257 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1445879360623.jpg
257 KB, 1024x768
>>14198136
Eddy as in violent, dark and angsty or edgy as in the pointy bits everyone is drawn with?
>>
>>14196709
There almost was, Kiramekiman. Missed it by one year.
>>
>>14205302
Didn't that one manage to get less lewd than the older shows as it went on?

>>14203397
The former.
>>
>>14198125
>Have this anime magazine
>It has an article about the possible monarchies Argentina could have had in the past
>Show it to friends as the current topic everyone was talking about was Máxima becoming Queen consort of The Netherlands
>They like the magazine specially my weebish friend
>"Now let me show you why I brought the magazine"
>turn pages to find that article
>I stumble upon an article called "Guerreras Mágicas (Magical Knight Rayearth LatAm name) Versión Dark
>"Yes they pilot them naked" says the caption next to the nude girls inside the Majin
>lol anon you perv
>Horny friend can't stop oogling from his seat
>They lose interest in the royalty article

Thanks Rayearth. Fun way to discover the OVA tho
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.