[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about rewatching 00, but I've also never actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1459051171147.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1459051171147.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
Thinking about rewatching 00, but I've also never actually watched the 00 Special Edition movies. How does it compare to the TV series, /m/?
>>
Poorly, it cuts out far too much.
>>
>>14194592
This + the only subs available for them are terrible, at least when I watched them in January
>>
Watch season 1 of the TV series, then whichever movie covers season 2.
>>
>>14194592
>>14194614
Please explain.
>>
>>14194621
not those guys
Special Edition (As far as I've seen) is just the pivotal scenes with some extra footage or edited.
The final battle with Ribbons had worse music choice and pacing in the SE edition.

just watch the show
>>
>>14194621
There's just not a lot of content that's not there. I can't tell you what right now since I watched it 4 months ago, and the series itself 9 months ago. I didn't enjoy either version of 00 so I pretty much just forgot all the details, or purged it from my mind.
>>
>>14194646
I've already watched the show, I'm talking about the rewatch experience here though.
>>
>>14194646
If you think cutting out that dumb children's song for third opening was a bad idea, you're crazy.

Speaking of that, the Exia R2 vs 0 Gundam fight was extended a little in the special edition. It's pretty nice.
>>
>>14194553
Compilation films are usually bad if the original TV run was good with little fillers.

Since S1 was a good show, and S2 was bad, watch the TV run for the former and the SE for the latter.

Gundam Seed, I would recommend SE for all of them or Remaster.
>>
Compilation films in general are nice as they provide an efficient way for people to catch up on shows or just to get a feel of it without devoting too much time.
>>
>>14194699
that dumb children's song worked better than slapping 1st op in the scene and calling it a day.
>>
>>14194592
This.

That said, it adds some new scenes to a handful of fights, such as seeing Dynames in Trans-Am. If you remember the plot of the show well, and enjoyed it, give the movies a go just for the 20-30 minutes or so of new shit that they made for the fans. Just remember the pacing will be shit and some details will be left out, so I don't recommend it if it's been a while since you watched the show.
>>
>>14194713
>Gundam Seed, I would recommend SE
Fuck that, the editing on the Seed SE films is terrible. Even for someone who recently watched the series it's full of "Wait what?" cuts like jumping straight from Athrun pulling a gun on Cagalli to Cagalli walking around on a ship for several minutes before a short flashback of her "capture".
If you haven't seen the series, those movies are incomprehensible.
>>
>>14194713
>S1 was a good show
>>
>>14194553
I have the first one. The bad thing for me is the music placement, it's kinda off and ruining the scenes. Especially if you've watched the series before.
Historically the DVD for the first compilation movie was more popular for the fact that it came with first trailer for the Trailblazer movie.
>>
Only reason to watch the Special Editions are for better treatment of the underrated Gundam fights. Dynames gets to use TRANS-AM at last while Seravee goes down with a fight rather than an instant loss. But as most people said, a lot of critical scenes are taken out, as well as including really bad choices in music and style.

tl;dr: Watch them only when you are done watching the original TV series.
>>
>>14194713
>S2 was bad
Dank meme
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.