[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song Magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 79e8d66e8c774f95.jpg (473 KB, 726x1000) Image search: [Google]
79e8d66e8c774f95.jpg
473 KB, 726x1000
I've been having a debate with a friend about the change in Macross from music as just music (DRYL's "just an ordinary love song") to music as ESPer magic ("spiritia" et al).

IIRC, Macross 7 had the most egregious examples of this new normal. It's been a long time since I've seen M7 (I watched it as it aired, and never again), but I remember song energy being like superpowers or magic.

So! Can you, the mighty /m/ hivemind, remind me of some of the most extreme stunts performed with the power of music in M7, so I can explain to my buddy?

Gracias, gentle/m/en.
>>
>>14189960
>the most extreme stunts performed with the power of music in M7
It ruined the Macross franchise forever.
>>
>>14189960
>>>/wsg/1067062
Here's how ridiculous it gets.
>>
>>14190132

The horror.

More! Let's talk about all the stupid stuff music does in Macross 7. Wheee!

Didn't it, like, cause earthquakes and volcanoes in the M7 movie, when Basara had that singing duel with the giant Jenius daughter?
>>
>>14190215
It caused Emilia to fall under the snow but I'm pretty sure that's because she's a giantess singing at the top of her lungs.
>>
"song beams"

LOLwut
>>
>>14190215
It turned an entire Meltran fleet into screaming fangirls.
>>
>>14190215
>More! Let's talk about all the stupid stuff music does in Macross 7. Wheee!
Cringeworthy
>>
>>14190215
>>>/wsg/1067149
You can't get anymore crazy then this.
>>
>>14190349

WTF is even happening in that clip
>>
I like how everybody forgets how a giant crowd was hypnotized by a singing computer in Plus.
>>
>>14190527
With the advent of Miku, it's just not that far-fetched anymore.
>>
>>14190530
I was talking more about the hypnosis part.
>>
>>14190545
Mass hypnosis is still more plausible than moving mountains by singing at them.
>>
>>14190516
Basara singing to space whales.
>>
>>14190265
to be fair some dude invented a machine that turn song energy (without form) into actual beams.

>>14190549
The mountain never moved though, however he inspired a blackhole that eats through life energy to sing in order to generate it's own life energy in the end, so that's even more un-realistiv.
>>
Didn't Fire Bomber train in one of the OVAs by making flowers turn to them instead of the sun? It's a small effect, but a significant one I think, since the principles involved are rather impressive.

Mylene also restored Basara's voice and brought him out of a coma (along with Gamlin) by restoring his spiritia, since it was donating his own that put him in the coma in the first place.
>>
>>14190549
He never actually moved that mountain though
>>
>>14190549
That never happened you idiot.
>>
>>14190581
Now THAT IS INSANE
>>
>>14189960
It is all connected.
>http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRtechnology/08aOvertechnology-SpaceFold.php
Extra Report: Fold Waves And Songs
Fold Waves, which are like waves generated by the higher dimensional space, are said to be deeply linked to Space Fold Navigation. It's thought that Song Energy, which was discovered in 2045, is a kind of Fold Wave, and research is being carried out on them even now.

>http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRtechnology/12aSongEnergy.php
Extra Report: The Protodevilun And Song Energy
Even though the Protodevilun, who treated Spiritia as "food", ought to have liked Song Energy because the origin of both Song Energy and Spiritia is the Sub-Universe, they suffered damage from the songs of Nekki Basara. This is because the Protodevilun absorbed "negative" spiritia that was amplified by fear, and couldn't receive the "positive" of Basara's songs.
>>
>>14193798
>http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRworldguide/02ABirdman.php
The Abilities And Maintenance Systems Of The "Birdman"
The Birdman has abilities that stand out, as a semi-organic cyborg that was produced in the golden age of Over Technology. However, operating for an extended period of time was impossible in a state without maintenance. So, it was arranged that the regeneration and activation would be carried out by the "space-time resonance ability" of the primitive Earthlings. Mayan Island was certainly a place where a religious form that centred on the Birdman was adopted, and the family of the head priest, who had powerful "space-time resonance ability", where the "Shrine Maidens".
Mayan Shrine Maidens
Among the majority of Earthlings, who lost their space-time resonance abilities due to gene manipulation, they are from a family in which the space-time resonance abilities remained in order to regenerate and activate the Birdman. They have the beliefs of the Protoculture and Birdman at the genetic level. Also, it's said that families with identical abilities exist in various places on the Earth.
Some Of The Supernatural Abilities Of The Shrine Maidens
Caption: Her abilities are for restoring and regenerating the Birdman. She demonstrated through the medium of song the possibility of restoring and stimulating the life force of plants and animals.
>http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRhistory/708bBattleOfPlanetRax.php
Related Matter: The Sound Energy System
The Sound Energy System is something that converts Song Energy into such things as beams and physical forces that can be confirmed by sight. Using the system as an intermediary, the songs themselves manifested high results against the Protodevilun.

Caption: The mechanism that efficiently uses Song Energy in three-dimensional space reached a point where it was accompanied by such things as luminescent phenomena.
>>
>>14193823
>http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRglossary/Glossary02a.php
Anima Spiritia
Although Anima Spiritia is fundamentally the same as Spiritia, which is the Protodevilun's energy source, it seems that that higher dimensional energy has a bipolar nature that the owner of which selects the polarity of. The Protodevilun called Nekki Basara an Anima Spiritia. The Anima Spiritia are assumed to have confined the rampaging Protodevilun in the ice planet of the Varohta star system in the ancient Protoculture era. The Varohta Forces seem to have thought of Basara as an Anima Spiritia and regarded him as dangerous.

>http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRglossary/Glossary07a.php
Kadun
The Mayan Island legend of spirit-like beings is recited on the solitary south seas island. It's thought to be something close to the animism ideology, where divinity dwells in every single thing in this world, and there are such Kaduns as "the Iron Kadun" and "the Fire Kadun". Also, some of the Kadun negatively influence humans, and the persons who violate taboos are thought to have been possessed by the "curse of a Kadun". Moreover, it's said that the "Birdman" (Eifos) will awaken and destroy this world when the "Kadun of Conflict", who arrives from the other side of the sea, blows the wind of ruin.

Caption: [Kadun] The Shrine Maiden of the Wind, Sara Nome, who was taken into the Eifos (left picture), saw the appearance of the Unified Forces and Anti Unification Alliance, who were unrolling a battle in the skies of Mayan Island, as the "Kadun of Conflict" (right picture). In her eyes, it seems that the negative feelings, such as anger and fear that the pilots emitted, were projected as beings that called and awakened the wind of ruin.
>>
>>14189960
>(I watched it as it aired, and never again),
dude if its been 22 years since you've seen it maybe its time for a rewatch if you want to talk about it
>>
>>14189960

Okay, here is how to break down song power as provided in Macross 7.

First, accept the existence of psyche parasites from another plane of existence. The protoculture discovered them while doing high science research into the fabric of reality, and these 'Protodevlin' broke containment into our world. They can inhabit biological organisms and puppet them around, feeding off of their brainwaves and mental energy.

They harvest brain waves from many people at once using specialized energy gathering devices purposed as weapons, sucking the mental energy out of those struck and leaving them as empty, will-less husks incapable of emotion. Apathy to point of totally lack of motivation to speak, eat, or even act to prevent their own demise.

The affected can make full recoveries over time, but this is a very slow process because its like trying to start a fire from cold ashes. To have an real chance, you need an external source of heat in order to help spark a new fire.

Basara, and those that operate on his level as the series progresses, produce a 'flavor' of mental energy when they are at emotional extremes in great quantities that the Protodevlin either cannot digest or find toxic. As a musician, nothing gets him more hype than his music.

Its not actually his song that makes Basara dangerous to the Protodevlin, its how singing makes him feel.

Since its already proven that technology can interact with and manipulate this energy, Doc Chiba creates an amplifier system that Basara and co use to supercharge and direct their energy. Thats where 'song lasers' come in. Its basically taking that energy that the protodevlin are allergic to and spraying it at them like a firehose, attacking not the body they inhabit but the actual energy parasite that dwells within.

Basara doesn't care about these details, because as far as he is concerned what matters is that he is singing at aliens.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.