[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pluto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: pluto-v01p001.jpg (201 KB, 754x1100) Image search: [Google]
pluto-v01p001.jpg
201 KB, 754x1100
Is it worth a read?
>>
File: 1411688488421.jpg (117 KB, 680x827) Image search: [Google]
1411688488421.jpg
117 KB, 680x827
>>14189910
Fuck yes. Go read it right now and don't stop until it's done.
>>
Yeah, it's basically the first time Urasawa didn't write a series that was supposed to potentially run forevermore.
>>
It's short for an Urasawa manga.
>>
Yes. It's extremely good.
>>
Yeah its good, really really good if you already like astro boy or tezuka in general. Read it physical, don't go digital. The books are high quality and there's a nice surprise in the middle somewhere.
>>
>>14189910
The setting doesn't really make much sense since it is based on a children's comic from over 50 years ago, but it's really good if you get past that.
>>
Monster > Pluto

both are still very good though.
>>
>>14189977
>and there's a nice surprise in the middle somewhere.
Hmm?
>>
>>14189910

It's alright, nothing particularly notable though. Has a pretty small fanbase that likes to lick its nutsack pretty thoroughly though, so take that as you will.
>>
>>14190051
In volume 3 or 4 they do a nice trick that just works better in paper. Its not mind blowing but it does have impact to whats happening. Other books have done it before.
>>
>>14189910
It's fantastic, though some of the political stuff was a little heavy handed in my opinion. But aside from that small caveat, it's one of the best mangas I've ever read.
>>
>>14190045
Billy Bat > Monster > Pluto
>>
>>14190084
Why do you think that?
>>
>>14189910
It's decent enough, but that's a lot when we're talking about manga.
I enjoyed it quite a bit.
>>
>>14190099
>but that's a lot when we're talking about manga
What do you mean by that?
>>
Fuck yeah it is. Quit playin with your dick already and go read it
>>
>>14190095
The bit with the United States of Thracia was just so obviously a commentary on the Second Gulf War. There's nothing wrong with that, and I think it could have been done well, but I wish Urusawa had done something a little more subtle than just renaming "America" to "Thracia." But aside from that, the characters (especially Gesicht) were wonderful and the progress of the plot, and its pacing, most excellent, in my view.
>>
>>14189910
>Is it worth a read?

Good god yes.
>>
>>14189910

It's ok. It's one of those titles everyone overpraises to death and when you actually sit down and read the whole thing you can't help but feel underwhelmed.
>>
>>14190458
Evangelion-level or Ender's Game-level?
>>
>>14193535

A level beyond even either of those. It's Getter Robo Saga level.
>>
>>14190458
Everyone may praise it but when I actually got down to read it, I found it exactly as good as advertised.
>>
>>14193542
Except Getter Robo Saga is amazing, because it has anti hispanic themes.

Pluto tries to humanise robots which is disgusting. What's next? Will Pluto try to humanise illegal immigrants too?

This is why Getter Robo is the best manga ever. It's the only manga which warns you of the threat of minorities worldwide.
>>
>>14194140
Where can I join in the brotherhood of steel?
>>
>>14190026

I disagree, I've never seen Astro Boys in my life but found it fairly easy to keep up with.

"It's the future, there are robots. Some look human, some don't. There was an old war that caused a lot of grief and drama" is pretty much all you need.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.