[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really like this show. What does /m/ think of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: banner_299.jpg (46 KB, 600x240) Image search: [Google]
banner_299.jpg
46 KB, 600x240
I really like this show. What does /m/ think of it?
>>
>>14187845
I thought it was fantastic. Especially once you finish, has some great post-watch vibes and makes you feel empty or hunger for more.
>>
>>14187845
It was alright. It had a very slow pace. I'm not fond of slow pacing. Focus was often on the least interesting and entertaining characters. Beautiful art and animation, nice world building and detail. Pretty good music as well, but the plot left me ultimately disappointed by its simplicity.
>>
>>14187921
I actually think it's simplicity is part of what makes it memorable. There's enough development in everything to fill in most questions while you're watching, and enough mystery at the end to keep you interested in it.
Character development is exceptional, and you actually see Renton and Eureka fall in love and overcome their teenage and environmental obstacles.
Definitely one of the better animes I've seen.
>>
>>14187845

Kids were awful
Renten and Ereka's relationship and arcs were generic and boring
Talho/Holland and Anemone/Dominic were more interesting characters and had better relationships.
>>
I liked it but lord knows I'll never watch it again.
>>
Should have ended after renton returned to the ship and the two lovers story came to an end
>>
>>14188396
But it was boring as shit up until after that point...
>>
>>14188396

Dis nigga gets it. Once the story began to crawl up it's own ass with half-baked philosophy the show shat the bed real fast. The point where the Buddhists appear is where the show jumps the shark.

Ending was still nice, though.
>>
>>14187845
>Bones
It's shit.
>>
Loved it for the most part. Too bad it never got a sequel. Or even a movie.
>>
>>14187845
Stay away from the movie and the sequel, don't listen to the AOfag, he is brain damaged, just download the songs since they are good
>>
I watched it recently. I liked it. All the characters I hated for being assholes (Holland, Talho, actually most of the Gekko crew) managed to mostly grow out of it (except Eureka's kids. Fuck them). The artstyle is great, the mech designs are cool, and it has one hell of a soundtrack. I had to keep in mind that the show was a coming of age story not only for Renton, but for everyone.

Years ago, though, Eureka Seven introduced me to the concept of waifufaggotry. There was this guy on a forum I frequented who was absolutely obsessed with Eureka to the point that he believed that one day she would become real and they would spend the rest of their lives together like destiny intended.
>>
>>14188422
I hear you. That shit's long overdue.
>>
Love it, one of my favorite shows. Too bad it never got any sequels or movie.
>>
>>14188932
We're speaking English, so yes, animes.
>>
>>14188937
>I'm not an ignorant dumbshit guyz I'm just speaking english on the english speaking japanese imageboard what are you a weaboo it's animes not anime because we're speaking english duh XD
Who do you think you're fooling?
>>
>>14188954
"Anime" is a loan word you fucking dense faggot.
>>
>>14188964
No shit, dumb shit, you might want to try using loanwords correctly instead of making up your own rules though. Anime is singular and plural, and the word "animation" can be used the same way. This is not new, unlike you.
>>
>>14188979
>Anime is singular and plural
Yes, in Japanese, you faggot. We're not speaking Japanese.

>"animation" can be used the same way
Not in the same context.

>This is not new, unlike you
Says the one who thinks E7 is good.
>>
>>14188986
>Yes, in Japanese
And English, as it has been for decades.

>Not in the same context.
Hmm, let's see:

"Sweat Punch's collection of animation by the master's was some of the best I've ever seen"
"This intern's portfolio of animation doesn't really hold up"
"Out of all the animation I've watched, Angel's Egg was the strangest"
You'll notice that in any of those sentences "animations" could have been used as well (as could have anime), but incorrectly so, because animation, like anime, suffices for both plural and singular forms. For someone who wants to talk about speaking English you don't know it very well.

>Waaah waaah you have shit taste *cut cut cut*
You too :^)
>>
>>14189010
>"Out of all the animation I've watched, Angel's Egg was the strangest"
Except this implies you're talking about the actual animation of Angel's Egg vs the animation of other animated works, not Angel's Egg as a whole work.

So in other words, you're wrong, and can fuck off back to whatever shithole you spawned from.
>>
Never watched the anime but I did read the manga and it was pretty good.
>>
>>14187845
OG G-reco
>>
what a short and dead thread
and there's already bickering about something that's not about the show
kek
My God this site is full of irate children
>>
>>14187845
This is my favorite show. Bar none.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAkxiPkxGQ

To leave something like this behind that is capable of causing such an event... and then getting your son involved in this as well... You bring great misfortune to your parents. This is a light that destroys us, and that guides us all to death. However...

It is so beautiful
>>
File: 1436071834857.jpg (26 KB, 513x441) Image search: [Google]
1436071834857.jpg
26 KB, 513x441
>Renta falls in love in Eureka when he first saw her
>she's indifferent
>Renta leaves
>Eureka starts crying about him and misses him
>>
>>14187845
We are allowed two good E7 threads per year. Don't waste them.
>>
>>14189155

This one is already shit because half of it is arguing about the fucking plural form of a word.
>>
>>14189147
Are you literally retarded? This is the second time you write like a mongoloid in this thread
>>
>>14188831
>>14188166

>Kids were awful
>except Eureka's kids. Fuck them

If only AO had just been Eureka Zeta we could have had Maurice dying.
>>
Please tell me, as unbiased as possible, what's wrong with AO?

I met a guy recently who normally has pretty damn good taste, until Eureka 7 got brought up and he agreed with me about E7 being good, but also said he lived the shit out of Ao.

How? I've had people swear on their life it's one of the worst anime sequels of all time, makes EVOL look good, etc.
What possible good is there in it? My entire world view hinges on it being shit.
>>
>>14189019
>I have never been to /a/
Okay then
>>
File: cicadagang.jpg (327 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cicadagang.jpg
327 KB, 1920x1080
>>14192271
Because AO goes against literally everything the original E7 stood for and it breaks the continuity so fucking hard it managed to lock itself in a whole new place, everything about the last half was beyond retarded, no anime has ever managed to fuck up its own story as much as Ao, it is even sadder that they started trying to desperately pander to people who watched E7 by lifting things directly from there for no fucking reason theEND being somehow intact one of the biggest ones, but really if you don't believe me read this http://pastebin.com/bH3YbuhE if I had the first batch of questions I would link it too, this was borne because there was a faggot who defended everything about Ao and attacked everything about the original E7 saying that AO explained everything and made perfect sense, except it didn't
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.