[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This freaking book.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 5143tb_68zL_SS500_.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
5143tb_68zL_SS500_.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
Tomino is a sadistic fuck for writing this. Jesus fucking christ. I just finished reading it a bit ago, and it's one of the most depressing things on the freaking planet.
>>
>>14184173
>and it's one of the most depressing things on the freaking planet.
>I've read five books in my entire life
>>
>>14184178
This.
>>
>>14184173
It was more realistic than the show and it's odd to think that the same person wrote both.

I really enjoyed the concept of 'skin-talk' or whatever it was. It finally made sense why in Z they would always bump into eachother to talk.
>>
>>14184837
yeah I liked a lot how much there's setting things explained

it's an interesting counterpart to the anime
>>
Want to go for a swim, Sayla?
>>
Where can you find this?
>>
>>14184173
I actually read this before watching 0079. I really liked how some of the setting stuff was explained. I also liked how Newtypes were handled in the book, since things actually get explained instead of them just tripping balls at each other.
>>
OP here. The book was excellent and I enjoyued it. But its soooooooooo sad.
>>
>>14186130
You know, for how pissy people on 4chan get about "spoonfeeding," you guys really suck when it comes to figuring things out.
Now, this is just personal preference, but I always like how we never really 'get' Newtypes, just like the characters don't fully understand it either. It adds a nice sense of mysticism to the concept of evolution.

I read the books in high school while on my early SF rush. I like how things were handled and I like to go back and read the battle scenes. I always liked how Tomino wrote what was going on in the pilots' minds.
>>
>>14184173
Any one has link of it.
I need it for my commercial venture in the field of arts for my dept. of Electrical Engineering.
>>
>>14184173
Read more books.
>>
>>14184173
Is it really a surprise? Novelizations are always heavier than what's put on screen for mass audiences.
>>
AFAIK there is a torrent on Nyaa for this (bundled with Sentinel if you're into that), but it' the old version with the Zacks and the Shas and all that.
>>
>>14184837
>realistic
>mecha
Ok.
>>
>>14191304
But there's mutilation and people die!
>>
>>14191304
Amuro is a military cadet in the novel who's been trained in the core fighter. It's not like he just jumps into the Gundam and makes sense of completely alien controls and becomes an ace.
>>
>>14194215
>he just jumps into the Gundam and makes sense of completely alien controls
RTFM
>>
>>14194215
>completely alien

There's a reason the anime made it a point to say he's a tech-head.
It's not a perfect match, but he at least has enough of an understanding that he can make sense of the manual on the spot. It's not like he was a random jock or anything.
>>
>>14184173
is this the one where amuro dies because of a dom and char gets the gundam?
>>
>>14184999

Ever heard of Amazon

lmao
>>
>>14194458

yes
>>
>>14194215
He was a shut-in tech nerd son of an engineer.
And most importantly, he read the fucking manual.
>>
>>14194458
Yes to the first part, no to the second.

The Char custom Gundam came out of the Gihren's Greed games. In the books, he only ever has his Zaku and later a Rick Dom.
>>
>>14187039
No.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.