[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much stock do you put into the idea of sales=quality, especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: sip4.png (167 KB, 306x273) Image search: [Google]
sip4.png
167 KB, 306x273
How much stock do you put into the idea of sales=quality, especially for a niche genre like mecha?
>>
I don't give a shit if people like or don't like what i like. I don't watch mecha because it's "good" or "quality". I watch it because i enjoy it, and i don't need another's approval.

Also, sales mean shit. They can be completely arbitrary of quality, and influenced more by exposure and marketing than by how "good" something is.
>>
Why would anyone think that?

Popular = bad is a dumbass way of thinking, too.
>>
>>14180665
To be fair it tends to be a thing around here, especially when Gundam airs
>>
>>14180661
/thread
>>
More projected sales possibly mean bigger budget, which certainly helps improving quality but definitely doesn't guarantee it.
>>
>>14180648
Sales mean nothing for japan except for more of said thing.

Quality is not a factor.
>>
>>14180648
None at all.
I put my stock in the idea of "i enjoyed watching it = good (to me)"
If I enjoyed watching a show and find out that it got poor ratings and/or didn't sell much merchandise, my opinion of the show does not change. Likewise if I dislike a show and find out that it got high ratings and sold a lot of merchandise, my opinion of the show does not change.

On a similar note, whether or not /m/ liked a show does not affect my opinion of that show either.
>>
>>14180793
>If I enjoyed watching a show and find out that it got poor ratings and/or didn't sell much merchandise, my opinion of the show does not change.
I just feel bad, like a "aw shit, well that sucks" kind of feeling. Because no matter the quality, lots of people put tons of time and effort into the product and in the end when somethings a commerical/critical failure, a lot of them must get very upset.
>>
None at all. It's interesting to see how they turn out, similar to seeing how box office ticket sales do, but it's got no bearing in whether or not I enjoy something or not. Same thing goes for "popularity", I've got a standard I rate things against and sometimes it lines up with the general population, sometimes it doesn't. Usually a positive opinion of a work will only wane without outside influence/opinions, but if I don't dig something on first go, and someone points some interesting things out, it might raise the score.

>>14181285
Hey Zack.
>>
File: tmp_14962-yonaglare-2100825711.jpg (132 KB, 1926x1081) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14962-yonaglare-2100825711.jpg
132 KB, 1926x1081
>>14180661
I can agree with this. It is just sad when a show is scrapped because it doesn't sell. Claymore and Akatsuki no Yona come to mind.

But that's just the way it is.
>>
>>14180661
*tips fedora*
>>
>>14185382
Not him but that's exactly the opposite you retarded meme abuser.
>>
>>14180648
Absolutely none. If something is good, it's good even if it doesn't sell at all or it breaks records.
>>
>>14185402
No, it's not.
>>
>>14185424
How so?
>>
>>14180648
Nobody in the history of sane adults has ever thought that sales or popularity = quality.
>>
>>14187595
I've encountered some SEED fans that use that argument, saying that it must have been doing something right if it was so popular.

Whether they are insane or not, I have been not been able to verify,
>>
>>14187627
>SEED fan
>sane adult

Pick one.
>>
>>14181476
I enjoyed what of Yona I watched. Need to finish it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.