[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rahxephon and Evangelion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 13547-620x-rve.jpg (135 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
13547-620x-rve.jpg
135 KB, 620x400
So I know that the similarities derive from both of these shows having similar inspirations like Ideon and Megazone 23. Thing is I watched those and I didn't really find them to be the source of inspiration for any of the elements I was interested.

Namely two things. One is the visualized, introspective like scenes with a sort of stream of consiousness like structure. Where we see Ayato and Shinji talking to projections of their mind.

The other is the somewhat abstract relation between the MC and token mysterious girl in each show - Quon and Rei.

So where did these come from?
>>
>>14180647
I've seen all four of those and none of them have any of the elements you mentioned.

I mean to me when I think of Eva, the trippy psychological sequences are what come to mind.
>>
Bump. This seems pretty interesting
>>
>>14183943
Made the same topic on /a/, in the end people told me there that these ideas rather came from Eva and Rahxephon copied them.

But I still wanted to know what inspired those ideas in Eva itself and I didn't get info on that.
>>
>>14180557
Rahxephon director has said himself he was trying to make a modern day Raideen.
>>
>>14184087
Yeah, but I saw Raideen and it didn't have any of these elements.
>>
>>14180557
>the visualized, introspective like scenes with a sort of stream of consiousness like structure
Anno drew a lot of inspiration for Eva from live action and other media. For the scenes you are talking about, I don't think there was any specific anime he was drawing inspiration from.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Tributes_to_Other_Fiction_in_Neon_Genesis_Evangelion

>The other is the somewhat abstract relation between the MC and token mysterious girl in each show
This I don't follow you on though, it's nothing more than a typical Amuro/Lalah newtype thing that has been copied to death in mecha shows.
>>
>>14184107
I mean the fact that both Rei turns out to be the clone of Shinji's mother and Quon is Ayato's mother from who'm he was cloned.
>>
>>14184270

Wait up, Quon was his sister, or rather clone twin.
>>
>>14184402
Her DNA was used to create Ayato and Itsuki. Another similarity is that both betray Mulians/Gendo and end up supporting Ayato/Shinji. Add to this their personality, both of them having an uncomfortable scene with the protagonist when on their first bigger personality, bouth spouting cryptic shit.

It would be hard to believe for me that they don't have the same source of inspiration in some old mecha show or something like that.
>>
>>14185237
I remember one of the writer's saying he liked the aesthetics of Evangelion but not the overall message.
>>
>>14185237
I'm pretty sure Ayato's genes were used to make Quon and Itsuki, actually.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.