[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Big O
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
What's up, /m/?

I recently stumbled upon this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKoAlqeulYM
and wondered if anyone on here could confirm the story stated in the description.

Just to make sure, here's what it says:
"This is The Big-O (THE ビッグオー) Official Card Screensaver that came with the introductory package of The Big-O credit card from issuing bank GC Card on the Cirrus interbank network and JCB credit card network (from Tokyo, Japan circa 2002).

The optical disk is shaped like a credit card, black with metallic outline of Roger, Dorothy, and Norman (same pose from the first slide). The disk ONLY contains the screensaver."

Honestly, that sounds pretty exciting to me, but I can't seem to find any other information, let alone actual proof besides the video itself about all this.
Does anyone here have the original disc and everything related and would be so kind as to provide some pictures? The screensaver itself would be highly appreciated as well, obviously.
>>
>>14179791
Sounds to me like you're not a true Big O fan.
>>
File: 10372950.png (102 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
10372950.png
102 KB, 800x800
>>14179828
Well, obviously. Why do you think I made this thread? I seek to become a true fan, just like the uploader.
While we're on it, I really hope /m/ has got all the show-related and imported figmas, DVDs and of course Blu-Rays, because I'm not sure if I'd be able to tolerate any pseudo-fans in here; and I'm sure the uploader wouldn't either.
>>
>>14179791
What, what? So this was a CD that stored some kind of interactive screensaver?

Windows Vista and Windows 7 have Dreamscape preinstalled which lets you play videos as part of desktop backgrounds but I've never heard of a screensaver that was video-based or played sounds.
>>
>>14179879
A CD shaped like a credit card.
>>
>>14179879
I'm not really sure if I interpret your post correctly and I also have no actual experience regarding screensavers either, but I'd assume you're reading a little too much into this.
From what I understand, it's just a regular, simple, slideshow-type of screensaver which is themed after Big O and nothing more. What's interesting to me is the actual, apparently credit card-shaped, disc from the introductory package that guy is talking about, as well as the overall, possible existence of said package.

I just think it's kinda exciting, considering we're talking about something quite old and rare here - if all this stuff is actually true, that is. There's still the possibility of that screensaver in the video being custom-made by the very same uploader, just to make it seem like they've got something special on their hands.
>>
>>14180178
I Googled around in Japanese and found a 2ch thread of people talking about different credit cards they've owned and someone listed this card as owning it. They also said they owned a Gundam card also with JCB (maybe Bandai had a deal with them?). I also found a blog post from 2005 briefly mentioning it when talking about anime themed credit cards.

Seems as though it really does exist at least.
>>
>>14184550
Thanks a bunch for your efforts, anon, really appreciated. That's great news!
>I Googled around in Japanese
Why didn't I think of that? That's a pretty good idea. I just did a little bit of research myself and, judging from the Google translations, I was at least able to find the same two posts you did (or so I think), but sadly nothing else. At least not yet.
This stuff is getting me seriously envious.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.