[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gundam ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: gundam344[1].jpg (52 KB, 344x197) Image search: [Google]
gundam344[1].jpg
52 KB, 344x197
a series about a stealth gundam. uses lots of submarine movie tropes. gundam and enemy mobile suits use minovsky particles to bend light and make them invisible to everyone but newtypes.

UC Gundam that takes place in the under ice oceans of Europa. Using aquatic mobile suits and a Zeta Gundam modified for aquatic warfare. more submarine warfare tropes. no newtype nonsense.

Gundam sports anime. a mobile suit sport like the zero g game played by the kids in Ender's Game.
>>
Gundam Olympics for 2020. Mobile suits doing events instead of humans.
>>
>>14178905
SD Gundam and fund it.
>>
Series that takes place entirely in space, perhaps after humanity finally ditched earth completely. Focus on battles on and around asteroids, space debris, make ships essentially space fortresses so large that infiltrating them in an MS would make more sense than not.
>>
>>14178919
So pretty much Macross?
>>
>>14178897
Hunt for the White Octobase sounds decent but invisibility can't be that overpowered. Probably limit it to a secret experimental warship and it shouldn't use Minovsky particles unless you want to fuck UC tech even harder. Might be cool.

Europa Gundam sounds nice but there has to be a reason to fight there. No aquatic Zeta though, that's just retarded. Would probably be best for this and the last idea to be in a new AU.

Sport idea would basically be an edgy no-fun take on GBF. Sounds boring because the lessened stakes mean that you're going to focus more on characters, something that Gundam doesn't have a history of doing well.
>>
>>14181178
Never seen Macross, but if that fits the bill then sure!
>>
>>14178897
A standard Gundam non UC story. I have likable hot female pilots Earth vs Colonists type of deal. I have some fat/minority side characters.

Then halfway through the story I have all the main characters except for evil masked dude die in some giant battle. Through out the series I lay in AI MS technology, each side using increasing number of AI assisted and fully autonomous suits.

In this giant battle episode both sides are shocked as their grunt/main suits start killing the humans. Evil masked character escapes and groups with side characters from hero to save humanity in a last ditch attempts to halt the robot apocalypse.
>>
Ok here's mine. Stop making Gundam already

>>14178919
>>14181252
Watch Macross you dork
>>
A big guy pilots a big Suit.
>>
A large group of Zeon remnants stuck on earth after the OYW struggle to protect themselves and stay hidden. A Federation spy in their midst is tasked with tracking and dismantling the group from within. The Zeonic leader is increasingly pushed to surrendering when every safe haven goes up in flames. When the Zeon take to the air to travel to a new haven, a large carrier diverts off to surrender. The Zeon leader is ready to let them leave uncontested. The Feddie spy, now working with a small team of saboteurs, down the carrier and it's MS with all hands using Zeonic arms. The Zeon leader, thinking he's punishing insubordinate crewmen, discovers some of them are spies and the extent of the infiltration runs deep. The spy is increasingly closer to the command crew, their friends, and family as the numbers splinter into hiding, capture or surrender. The spy falsifies his final report that most of the Zeon had been cleaned up.

Many of the Zeon aren't combatants. A number of the turncoats were directed peacefully toward Feddie forces peacefully, many others left on their own accord. Key pilots include: a Zaku I pilot who hijacks a GM-Cannon, two Gouf pilots and their jabbers who had lost their third squad mate before their introduction, an amphibious corps of Acguys and Goggs as they break a coastal blackade lead by a Hygogg.
>>
>>14181289
For who?
>>
>>14181274
>I have some fat/minority side characters
Why does this need to be said? Who gives a shit about race in the distant future?

Anyway 3/10 concept is alright but sentient robot apocalypse stuff is dumb and killing of all the characters with the most development is probably a bad idea. Plus it seems like the main conflict is unresolved and the robots are a cop-out. Needs revision.
>>
>>14181284
No, idolshit.
>>
>>14181474
I want to have ugly characters in anime. I feel like whenever I watch anime everybody is beautiful but in the original 0079 there was fat people kids and niggers. I think it would be more of a surprise if these people ended up living while others died.

Also not every thing where the main characters die is a bad idea. If you spend enough time flushing out the backstory of characters you can have sympathetic side characters also. Game of Thrones is an example of this.
>>
>>14178897
>stealth gundam
That could be an interesting idea, although Thunderbolt kind of already did that sort of thing with the Zaku sniper team. An unseen hit and run enemy, like Master & Commander showed could potentially be pretty interesting for a short story.

>aquatic warfare
The few times we've seen this in Gundam it's been really boring.
>>
>>14181524
>minorities are all ugly
Kek

I only mention it because when I imagine a cast it's already pretty diverse, so when people feel the need to point out how theirs is diverse I automatically assume it's a form of pandering or tumblr-thinking.

It's very risky to kill them off but if you think the series could pull it off then go ahead.
>>
>>14181274
>fat/minority side characters

Must we have them, tumblr?
>>
>>14178897
Patlabor where the gundam police take on gang wars and yakuza.
>>
SD Gundam retelling of Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>14178907
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEB_Px0bl4g
here ya go famalam
>>
I actually have this one idea cooked up.

>humanity has finally reached the stars and has found habitable planets; forms a united government under Earth's rule; peace and prosperity

>a lot of leeway is given to colonial governments in order to keep them happy; they tow the line, but damn if it ain't gonna be on *their* terms

>some scientific breakthroughs have lead to the production of Mobile Suits; other breakthroughs have lead to genetic manipulation being a thing

>test tube babbies, test tube babbies everywhere

>instead of being treated like slaves, Earth decides to give these "Newmen" human rights (right to live, right to have a job, right to vote, etc.) so they don't rise up and rebel

>uh-oh, some colonies don't like this, because they think that the test tube babbies are a cheap, effective source of slave labour it later turns out that the leaders of these colonies were being funded by the Illuminati (or some other secret organization), so they also were experimenting with brainwashing and mind control on the regular humans and Newmen alike

>civil war

>Earth wins, but the victory is intensely Pyrrhic; a lot of allied/neutral colonies got caught in the crossfire

And that's all I can coherently spit out right now.
>>
>>14181454
For you
>>
>>14178897
Bakunyuu SD Gundam
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.