[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LOL GUNDAM CRAP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9
So basically. If they mounted 100 of those unicorn pistols on the battleship and all of them fired coordinately at the same time covering a huge area. No mobile suit would be able to escape and would be destroyed.

Wow, gundam is so DUMB.
>>
You just described the average mobile armor.
>>
So basically. If they mounted 100 of those pistols on the tank and all of them fired coordinately at the same time covering a huge area. No insurgent would be able to escape and would be killed

Wow, real life is so DUMB.
>>
>beams wreck stuff THAT IS SO GHEY

You've had since 1979 to complain.
>>
>>14178185
so it'll die as soon as a gundam shows up?
>>
Beam Magnum vs Twin Buster from wing. Which is more powerful?
>>
>>14178191
The beam didn't even hit and the MS exploded.
>>
>>14178198
A home made slingshot, obviously.
>>
>>14178197

Ships in Gundam normally do anyways.

>>14178198

Twin Buster. It's not even a contest.
>>
>>14178198
The beam magnum is just a rifle overclocked to deplete itself after five shots instead of 30, man.

>>14178197
Yeah it'd be a huge PLEASE SEND A NEWTYPE TO RAPE MY FACE WITH A BEAM SABER sign.
>>
>>14178201
Well part of it did. The beam doesn't look fully coherent and focused. It's a giant beam spray gun.
>>
>>14178198
Satellite Cannon.
>>
File: Wojak draper.gif (2 MB, 390x300) Image search: [Google]
Wojak draper.gif
2 MB, 390x300
>mfw I the only reason I remember to watch this week to week is because of shitpost threads like these

T-thanks, OP.
>>
Did they actually have the newtype reaction scenes for Banager and Riddhe in the original movie?
>>
>>14182497
Yes.

If at any point you find yourself asking "was this in the OVA", the answer is yes.
>>
>>14178184
They couldn't be assed at Sunrise to at least touch this particular scene up? Lazy bastards.
>>
>>14183356
I like the Geara Zulu's beam rifle design, at least aesthetically.
>>
Is there any point to watching the anime if I've already watched the OVA? Any new scenes etc?
>>
>>14183422
5 episodes in and we've covered the first and most of the second OVA. This is a summary of the experience

>No new scenes
>Horrible transition cuts for end of episodes
>VERY slightly redrawn scenes
>Long recaps (shortest being ~1 minute, longest being ~4 min)
>Nice OP and ED (although spoiler heavy)

So no, not really ay reason so far. Just look up the OP and ED on youtube or something and thats about it
>>
>>14178201
yes it did. the blue lightning looking things surrounding the main body of the beam magnum particles touched the geara zulu

hence why angelo said that it barely grazed the guy
>>
The beam magnum is literally just a handheld version of the ZZ's High Mega Cannon. That was the joke/reference.

If your response to that is "what's the ZZ" then why the fuck are you even watching Unicorn?
>>
>>14183414
Literally slavshit. Unicorn designs are so boring.
>>
>>14183414
>don't show /k/
>don't show /k/
>don't show /k/
>>
I wonder if phenex will make an appearance in anime.
>>
>>14178198
Beam magnum is just a rifle that depletes most to all of an e-pack with one condensed shot and straps multiple e-packs together to compensate.

Twin buster rifle is capable of critically damaging colonies in a single shot and altering its beams focus like a vsbr.

It's not even a contest which is more powerful.
>>
>>14178185
>>14178197

>A battleship
>WITH A GUNDAM HEAD

Invincible
>>
In Build Fighters verse, design a tiny piece of plastic that fires colony laser as wide as the battlefield. No rules in terms of how powerful and haxed unit you are allowed to deploy.
>>
>>14183769
BATTLE ENDED
>>
>>14183422
OP and ED are nice. Only reason I'm rewatching it is because my only other seasonal watches are JoJo Part 4 (best JoJo series) is on and Terra Formars 2 because I'm a glutton for it. Plus I wanted to have a proper folder with screenshots and make some webms but that's it.
>>
>>14183551
Didn't trailblazer basically have that?
>>
File: 1265197975871.jpg (656 KB, 744x2973) Image search: [Google]
1265197975871.jpg
656 KB, 744x2973
>>14183513
>literally slavshit
>STG-44
>Slavshit

u wot
>>
>>14184058
Oh shit I only glanced at the thumbnail before posting and I didn't pay attention when I was actually watching. Yeah, that's obviously not an AK, I'm just retarded.

Still I dislike when weapons are oversized copies of real ones. Unicorn isn't the first but the attachments and tacticool shit (Zulu, Jegan ECOAS, etc) make it worse.
>>
>>14183769
Enjoy running out of particles
>>
>>14184330
I don't think there is a limit is there? Does increased volume = more particle capacity?

Just make a super efficient small surface area power collector.

There are no rules,
>>
>>14184380
Mate the crossbone gundam used up all the particles from 3 entire mobile suits by flying a bit quick and shooting its beam harmonica
>>
>>14184380
>the literal gods of building can only manage decent superweapons that require absorbing or charging gimmicks or something
>TryB even needs bullshit to make it just punch really hard
>Bro just make it SUPER efficient dude lol no rules just make it infinitely powerful dude it's easy
How do we make it so mind-bendingly powerful, anon? GBF does have rules anyway.
>>
>>14183489
How can that be the case, if ZZ didn't happen in Unicorn's timeline?
>>
>>14185141
Funny.
>>
>>14178184
>So basically. If they mounted 100 of those unicorn pistols on the battleship and all of them fired coordinately at the same time covering a huge area. No mobile suit would be able to escape and would be destroyed.

>Wow, gundam is so DUMB.

Been a while since I've done of these. Here we go:

1. Each rifle costs about the same amount as about a quarter of the entire ship.

2. Each magnum takes 100 hours to produce - 30 hours for manufacturing and 70 hours for the minovsky compression slaved to the drive system of a large ship.

3. Minovsky interference means the accuracy of a beam cannon is directly related to how quickly it can close in on the position of an enemy to a distance where either the lensing isn't so bad or you're around long enough to figure out the distortion of the interference (which requires mobility - the mobilesuit option -- or distance, the battleship option -- and distance makes the problems of minovsky optical lensing exponentially worse).

4. The weapon is actually quite volatile and explodes on more than one occasion: It is well within the best interests of the user to be able to jettason it - for example, in the hands of a mobilesuit.

5. Distance as defense through lensing means while the reaction speed and round velocity and the accuracy/consistency of shot of the magnum is impressive, the enemy has a fuckton of time to evade. The reason battleship beam cannons work is they're for shooting at targets which can't evade quickly, or they're for using when coordinated with mobilesuits to cause target fixation in enemy pilots so they neglect their evasion of the battleship's firing solution.

tl;dr: While the magnum may have been developed as a weapon for battleship use, its flaws make it better suited for use in a mobilesuit.
>>
Why is Angelo so gay he doesn't even have female pilots in his gay squad?
>>
Oh and to clarify, I mean the individual shot-magazines, when I say magnum. For this reason, they just keep making the magazines onboard with the machine-shops of a given ship close to constantly. This is part of why when Unicorn deployed at Sydney, its ammunition reserves were severely limited: the Garencieres has no manufacturing capability.

They're supposed to be made in batches according to the supplemental material.

The Unicorn actually has the recompressor built into its MUFR but it can't produce the particle output alone or manufacture new magnums, which are burned out as disposable with every shot -- not just the contents but they serve as a radiator, the containment systems basically becoming molten metal as an ablasion cooling solution instead of having big chunky radiators or medium exchange like the superheated steam vents usually on the head or chest of a Gundam used for ignition priming and emergency cooling.
>>
>>14185311
So basically it has entire clips of single-use e-caps that are fried to such uselessness after one shot it might as well just eject them into space?

I'd question where they get all the metal for this, but this is also a setting where they have a washing-machine sized device that shits out beachball-size custom balloons that readily inflate to >20 meters.
>>
>>14178198
>Beam Magnum vs Twin Buster from wing. Which is more powerful?

Depends on what the enemy has deployed: The buster rifle is according to the lore, an attenuated beam weapon. Its stated that its power is directly dependent on how many enemies are present so I'd imagine they're talking about the minovsky scattering. From the way it when fired has those seemingly spontaneous explosions around the beam itself, you could think of it as being like shooting a dragons-breath shotgun: In a room full of flammable vapor its going to slaughter everything present. In a room without said vapor, its still going to be an effective weapon. In that sense, the more scattering the enemy uses, the more deadly it becomes.

Given scattering is the first defensive action in most of Gundam, it basically means the only way to render the weapon ineffective is not to take that defensive step which leaves you open to conventional warfare.

If the colonies had been peaceful rather than cautious, the twin buster rifle wouldn't have had sufficient force to damage the colony in a meaningful way.

From this new information, draw your own conclusions. Kind of ironic, really.
>>
>>14185328
Well, when you're mining metals, one of your primary problems is oxidization of the materials you're working with. It means you have to refine metals, which is expensive and difficult, before you can extrude, shape or treat them.

Space doesn't have any oxygen. In fact, space doesn't have much of anything. So the metals you find there are relatively pure, if sparse.

Its theorized whoever gets into asteroid mining -- skipping the refinement and electrolysis process for aluminium alone is going to make an amount of money in the order of trillions, completely shifting the way we look at and think of metals such as ruthenium, rhodium, palladium, osmium, iridium, and titanium which eventually will become much much cheaper.

So that's the advantage the colonies had over earth: Lots and lots of cheap materials and amazing manufacturing capabilities as a result.

When you strip away the heavy reprocessing equipment, mining doesn't require equipment that's all that bulky. You could whack asteroid mining equipment or salvage gear onto a battleship without much of a problem. You could even have not just fabricators but reaction labs where the metals are processed into more specific materials.

Given the complexity of mobile-suits and the rate they take hits and the amount of maintenance they need, its almost certain they have to have some sort of materials recovery, processing and manufacturing capability, especially given the independence they operate with, often with a limited supply-line.
>>
>>14185301
It's been a while since I've seen you make shit up completely and pass it off as evidence.
>>
>>14185641
Yeah, I have a real gift for misinformation. It annoys the shit out of some of some people who hear this shit regurgitated weeks or even months later as fact - shitposting by proxy - a thing of beauty.

Though that said, I mean I do have the Treize copypasta under my belt which I'm incredibly proud of.

How goes?
>>
>>14185309
Not so short TL;DR:
Angelo was fostered at a young age when his father was murdered and mother raped in front of him by rioting Federation soldiers. His mother remarried/was taken in by a man who worked with the husband, but molested Angelo every night under the guise of praying together for his mother's health. Angelo's mother eventually committed suicide from her semi-comatose state, and he was thrown onto the streets becoming a child prostitute like Marida.

The confrontation with Banagher allows both of them to see into each others minds. (It is at this point that Banagher angrily looks into Angelo's mind, frustrated from being unable to understand why he is so dedicated to Full Frontal.) Angelo is horrified by the fact that Banagher sees him for what he is, and he in turn got to see the pure-hearted motivations that makes up Banagher's character. He equates it to rape, essentially what happened to his deceased mother.

Disgusted with himself and comparing himself to a dirty sheet (his main memory was of blood-stained sheets the day his mother was raped and father murdered in front of him), he kills himself with the Rozen Zulu's incom beam cannons out of embarrassment. The last thing Banagher hears from Angelo is his soul going into the depths of space, searching for the spirit of his mother.

It is then shown that Full Frontal sent Angelo to fight against Banagher on purpose, knowing well what would happen. It was to show Banagher the dangerous powers newtypes possess, and that such power will only bring despair to the hearts of oldtypes who don't understand it. Psychoframe technology allows for people to understand each other on such a radical level, but what right does any being have to see into the life of another?

Unlike my usual bullshit, this is actually canonical.
>>
>>14184058
The stupid fucking wooden furniture on a giant beam AK-47 triggers me so hard. The Re-GZ Custom is utter shit.
>>
>>14185713
Who's to say it isn't some kind of shock absorbing or cooling polymer that protects the barrel from its high rate of fire, because its composed of cheap materials to keep costs down?
>>
>>14178207
>The beam magnum is just a rifle overclocked to deplete itself after five shots instead of 30, man.
it has ammo, you fucking retard
>>
File: ReGZ Custom.jpg (119 KB, 1000x725) Image search: [Google]
ReGZ Custom.jpg
119 KB, 1000x725
>>14185713

You're shit, the Re-GZ Custom is the pinnacle of the RGZ Series. It just needs a different beam rifle.
>>
>>14185886
Silly AK rifle aside, it's still ugly and pointless.
Every change from the original Re-GZ made it uglier.
>>
>>14185710
Some times I love Gundam philosophy.

Got more where that came from anon?
>>
File: qV6ymDr[1].jpg (118 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
qV6ymDr[1].jpg
118 KB, 600x650
>>14185713
>>14185886
RIFLE IS FINE
>>
>>14178198
What a stupid fucking question.

I'd rather know which is the strongest out of:
>Twin Buster Rifle
>Twin Satellite Cannon
>Turn A Beam Rifle (not the novel version, so no colony laser bullshit)
>00 Qan[T] Trans-Am Sword
>>
>>14187509
TBR is already out of the running since its weaker than the TSC
>>
>>14187509
00Q's Raiser Sword. There's no contest, it's a stupidly powerful beam weapon.
>>
>>14185710
I like the last bit about Newtypes quite a lot, but god damn is his backstory grimderp as hell.
>>
>>14178455
Is there actually any reason to watch it?
>>
>>14178184
The Unicorn has extremely limited ammo capacity with that weapon. It's like 5 shots per clip. And you only have two spare clips.
>>
>>14178184
I-Field nigga.
It's UC 0096 afterall.
>>
>>14188269
Marida is even worse.
>>
I'm hijacking this thread to ask if I need to know anything before watching Unicorn re 0096.

I didn't watch the original gundam unicorn.

The ones I did watch are the recent ones and turn A.

Build fighters, build fighters 2, IBO, the one before IBO that was weird with a brown alien girl that liked a fish that I didn't actually finish, and Turn A.

Oh and the original gundam movies.
>>
>>14188659
Watch the ova, they're the same thing
>>
>>14188671
The OVA of what?
>>
>>14188674
The unicorn ova instead of the tv series
>>
>>14187202
Yeah: Unicorn's source material.
>>
>>14187509

Why are you putting the Turn-A's rifle there St all if you're not using the novel one? The anime never has it be anything more than a standard rifle. It's like asking if the Nu's rifle is stronger than the Twin Satellite Cannon.
>>
>>14188659
>I'm hijacking this thread to ask if I need to know anything before watching Unicorn re 0096.
No, you don't. The story is ultimately self-contained and there's plenty of exposition throughout the series establishing the setting.
There are a handful of references you won't really get.

There's only one thing from CCA that will go over your head and is kinda important, but you should be fine, really.

Echoing, what the other guy said, just watch the OVAs.
>>
>>14189627
I think a bit of knowledge from CCA and ZZ is kind of required for Unicorn. Sure a newbie to Gundam can watch Unicorn without a whole lot of issues but they'll miss some things that would help if they had watched the prior entries before it, chronologically speaking here.
>>
>>14189694
Only thing I can think of is Amuro's miracle newtypeflashback
Marida's got her flashback sequence and that shores up all you'd *have* to know about that.

You can actually put the spoiler together, but it's not as apparent.
Like I said, you'll miss a few references, like the laser, but overall it's self-contained.
>>
>>14185706

Repost Treize copypasta faggot.
>>
>>14188659
There's a recap of events leading up to Unicorn called 100 Years of Solitude. It attempts to compress some 200 episodes of content into half an hour though.
>>
>>14188659
But why would you want to? The number one appeal of Unicorn above all else is seeing your favorite old MSV and forgotten designs participate in cool battles. Without that it's not very enjoyable.
>>
>>14188939
it's in english?
>>
>>14188659
Nicr crappy pasta mate.
>>
File: 6597194011470877660.jpg (100 KB, 595x804) Image search: [Google]
6597194011470877660.jpg
100 KB, 595x804
>>14189922

This guy didn't get to participate in any cool battles. Got stuck in a round of jobbing like any other GM. =(
>>
>>14189811 Repost Treize copypasta faggot.

I've been through four computers since then.

Fat chance, faggot.
>>
>>14188269
The literature of Gundam is always so much better than the shows. It hurts, knowing none of it will be translated.

Sentinel, where are you..?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (43 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
43 KB, 800x450
>>14191865
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.