[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, i'm sure this gets asked a lot, but are there any anime(aside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
So, i'm sure this gets asked a lot, but are there any anime(aside from Battletech: The Animated Series) where the mecha are closer in design and capabilities to Battletech/Mechwarrior mecha? As opposed to the Gundam/Eva style high mobility human proxies that we seem to see in every genre of mech anime.

I've looked a lot and can't seem to find anything really, although perhaps i'm just blind.
>>
>>14175394
Try Dougram
>>
If it gets asked a lot then why not check the archives?
>>
Dougram and the supporting mechs in Xabungle.
>>
>>14175412
>>14175405
thank you for actually answering, i'll give those two a look.
>>
Battlemechs are very high mobility, it's just that a bunch of anti-weeb shitheads try to claim that they aren't because they have some bizarre investment in playing made up east vs west stereotypes against each other.
>>
>>14175394
>>14175405
http://i62.tinypic.com/27y6cz8.gif
>>
>>14175437
they have some mobility, and granted they can move pretty fast, but you aren't gonna see 'em flying at supersonic speeds and doing flips through the air etc. (not that there's anything wrong with that, I enjoy the super robot genre too)
>>
File: 27y6cz8[1].gif (3 MB, 234x170) Image search: [Google]
27y6cz8[1].gif
3 MB, 234x170
>>14175454
Shit, I pasted into the wrong field
>>
>>14175437

this
>>
>>14175437

That's because visually they look like fucking bricks.
>>
>>14175487
some of them
>>
>>14175437
MechWarrior is far more well known and popular than the rest of Battletech, and in MechWarrior the battlemechs are pretty slow. According to the lore in the books and boardgame they're much more agile, but those aren't as well-known as MechWarrior.
>>
>>14175514
Granted they are much more agile in the lore, but still not to the level of super robots.
>>
>>14175566
>SRs
>agile
>>
>>14175457
you are a nigger
>>
>>14175500

Most of them. The only good Battletech designs are the ones they lifted from weebshit.
>>
File: Neo Ranga.jpg (281 KB, 1280x904) Image search: [Google]
Neo Ranga.jpg
281 KB, 1280x904
>>14175394
I hate BT but I'll help out because I love Dougram. Try Neo Ranga. However, the mecha are not the focus.

>>14175990
It's funny, I actually read an old forum archive discussion where the general consensus was exactly that, that BT OC mecha were generally fugly. The entire thing was from before Dougram was completely subbed. Ah well.

It's a terrible shame. Everything I've seen and heard of BT's genesis has been to add ass-backwards lore and ungodly ugly panel lining to perfectly good designs. It makes me sad every time.

What would've been if Dougram were just localized properly in the US? One can only dream.
>>
File: 1459058315309.jpg (296 KB, 1024x772) Image search: [Google]
1459058315309.jpg
296 KB, 1024x772
>>14175394
Try Heavy Object. The way that the mecha move and turn is very reminiscent of BT, as if everything is being played on a hex map.

Heat intakes, escape hatches/pilot ejections, & maintenance bays are used in some of the episodic plots. (to good effect)

Flight is very limited, only found in one of the mecha patterns, and even in that one it's much closer to BT jump-jets than actual flight.

It was a really fun series, I suggest it.

>>14176014
Some of the BT designs are quite good. The atlas is one of the better OC designs. Also the protomechs are nice.
>>
>>14175990
>weebshit
Ayy
>>
>>14175457
Actually, a Wasp does a flip in the novel Black Dragon, but that was a one-off by a crazy mercenary pilot in a non-combat situation. Also obliterated some random shop at an ISF facility (movie studio) on Luthien in the process...
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.