[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Southern Cross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 500x500
/m/, you told this was bad but it was actually pretty good and much better than MOSPEADA. Easily a 5/10.
>>
>>14172271
Most of the episodes were shit. It started off really good and every once in a while there would be another good episode but it just got worse as it went on. Wasted potential desu
>>
>>14172258
A 5/10 isn't good though. That is literally mediocrity: nothing notably bad but also nothing notably good, it's just there.

>>14172282
>desu
I think I understand now.
>>
>>14172258
I'd give it a 7/10 even. Southern Cross ain't bad at all, it's all a Robotech meme.
>>
>>14172258
That's what you get for listening to McRoss fans.
Most of the people who tell you how shit Southern Cross is haven't watched it and are just trash-talking it because it's part of Robotech (which most of them also haven't watched since they think it's a PR-tier rewrite).

But yes, Southern Cross was good. I personally think MOSPEADA was a bit better, I'd give them 7/10 and 8/10 myself.

Who was your favorite character? I'd have to go with Louis. A videogame nerd, but amicable and a capable soldier with none of the usual social ineptitude given to the stereotypical tech-gifted character.
>>
>people seriously pretending Southern Cross was good
>>
I just can't get past how utterly horrible she is
>>
>>14175648
No, it was bad indeed, but fuck... what a waste.. The armors concept were cool.
>>
File: 1449689535479.jpg (130 KB, 1278x842) Image search: [Google]
1449689535479.jpg
130 KB, 1278x842
>>14175648
You probably only hate it because it's connected to Robotech. It's a solid show regardless, bra.

>>14175662
I didn't hate her, but her hair was nasty.
>>
>>14175648
I'd give Southern Cross a 5/10 genuinely. It's not actively awful, but there's nothing special. Mospeada is a 7/10 for me.
>>
It's was ok enough to hold my attention but the ending was just shit.

>I'm gonna sacrifice myself for muh edgy redemption!
>No bro don't do that, you're our friend.
>Oh ok.

>PSYCH, IMMA DO IT ANYWAY.
>Damn he did it. CREDITS.
>>
Southern cross is terrible. I've watched mospeada and macross something like 6-7 times each but I've never gotten through southern cross it sucks too much ass. Even the japanese couldn't stand it so it was cancelled.
>>
File: Armors.jpg (497 KB, 1113x1043) Image search: [Google]
Armors.jpg
497 KB, 1113x1043
>>14172258
Southern Cross was bad, bad, bad. I actually think the Robotech version is better. In the original I wanted the sun to go nova and wipe out everything but in the Robotech version I just wanted the main characters dead.
>>
>>14177333
The only real difference is Seifreit/Zor Prime's true identity and the fact that the original Southern Cross is on an alien planet we've colonized. All the dialogue is 99% intact.

The big changes in dialogue were Supreme Commander Lunchbox's rants about Admiral Hunter taking all the weapons with the REF, one episode of Dana blathering about Max and Milia, and Zor being angry at the Masters for wiping out Optera instead of Seifreit being angry at the Zor for wiping out that space station.

Other than that, it's the same show.
>>
I kept watching thinking the show would be a lot better with one of the other ladies as the lead

>>14177422

Macross fags always exaggerate the changes. news at 11
>>
>>14177422
The ending was different though.
>>
>>14177543
What?
Once spliced in scene of the Zor Lords talking about an Invid Sensor Nebula and the narrator talking about the explosion scattering the seeds?
Big whoop.
>>
Would this show have been any better if it wasn't cancelled so early?

if anything...is there any possibility of rebooting this show with the intended ending that it was supposed to have
>>
>>14178035
Harmony Gold owns it outright, so no.
>>
Southern Cross is more unique and progressive than most of Shitrise's 80s catalog. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>14172282
>introduction of humanoid Inbit
>arrival of Third Invasion Fleet
>worse as it went on

How long ago did you see it? Did you actually finish it?

I'll admit SoCross is better than what most people say it is, but it sounds like overcompensating when you bury one show in order to sell the other.

>>14177623
>Earth is not Earth but alien planet
>scenes showing two moons removed
>narration insert implying harmless flower petals are actually the end of the world
>99% intact

I beg to differ.
>>
>>14178039
>owns it outright
What? They own the original show? The studio has no legal right to make another Southern Cross show in Japan? I have a hard time believing that. Jew power isn't THAT strong.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.