[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Classic Media's rights to their Godzilla movies are about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: godzilla_mothra.jpg (37 KB, 656x360) Image search: [Google]
godzilla_mothra.jpg
37 KB, 656x360
Classic Media's rights to their Godzilla movies are about to expire:
Get them while you can /m/!

Gojira/Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Godzilla Raids Again
Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster
Invasion of Astro-Monster
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Mothra vs. Godzilla
>>
What are you talking about? The torrents still have plenty of seeders.
>>
>>14170829
Thank god, hopefully this means we'll get legit BD releases from Section 23 or Tokyo Shock.
>>
>>14170829
I already have a torrent of the BDs.
>>
TOHO. KINGDOM.
>>
>>14170831
>>14171606
Shut up underage faggots, some of us have money and jobs and prefer to buy physical media. No one cares that you know how to download torrents.
>>
>tfw I still have my VHS copies of Godzilla vs. Megalon, vs. Destroyah, and 1985

I've also got this documentary lying around somewhere of special effects used in monster movies in the 20th century. Wish I could remember the name.
>>
>>14171669
I have all the VHS tapes except Terror of Mechagodzilla, Son of Godzilla and Ghidrah. A video store was going out of business. Got them all for like, 75 dollars.
>>
>>14171659
I probably earn more money than you.
>>
>>14171659
>I HAVE A FUCKING MCDONALDS PAYCHECK WHICH I SPEND ON JAPANESE MONSTER FILMS RATHER THAN SAVING, INVESTING OR PAYING FOR NECESSITIES.
>>
>>14171681
So you have an income and you still decide to pirate media released in the West that you apparently enjoy? Scumbag.

>>14171690
>buying $8 monster movies won't allow me to save money or pay for necessities

Even working at McDonalds would cover that, but I wouldn't expect a 16 year old that has never had a job to realize this.
>>
>>14171708
>Released in the US
>In the West

Not here they're not. You can't buy them here and I'm not fucking around with region encoding. Also, why are you going "BUY BUY BEFORE THEY LOSE THEIR RIGHTS!?" Sounds like shilling to me.
>>
>>14171708
I'm a Captain in my country's Army. Grow up and stop caring about a random company. Toho won't even get any of the money from your sales; they've already got all the money they're going to get out of the deal. Corporate loyalty to regional distributors is very sad indeed.
>>
>>14170829
Finally; fuck these guys and their shitty releases. Maybe someone half decent can get the license this time.
>>
>>14171724
>why are you going "BUY BUY BEFORE THEY LOSE THEIR RIGHTS!?"

Because it's fucking annoying when a thread about buying something comes up and every single time some cunt has to barge in and be like "LOL I JUST TORRENTED IT U RETARDS". Good for you, it's irrelevant and no one is impressed.

For the record this was my post >>14171115, so I hate to disappoint you in saying that no, Classic Media is not paying me to post about Godzilla on /m/.

>>14171732
Sure you are Timmy.
>>
>>14171744
>Good for you, it's irrelevant and no one is impressed
That exact same thing can be applied to buying.
>>
>>14171762
>thread about buying some releases before they go OOP
>buying the releases is irrelevant

Nice logic.
>>
>>14171792
As much as some schmuck torrenting, yes.
>>
File: ChLBrtbUUAQOz5a.jpg large.jpg (96 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ChLBrtbUUAQOz5a.jpg large.jpg
96 KB, 1024x576
>>
File: ChK_tFfU4AA8MXk.jpg large.jpg (76 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
ChK_tFfU4AA8MXk.jpg large.jpg
76 KB, 576x1024
>>14172451
>>
>>14171115
>>14170829
Didn't Shout Factory snatch them up?
>>
>>14172667
For streaming only.
>>
Will the west ever get JP King Kong vs. Godzilla blurays?
>>
>>14170829
Fuck these guys. There releases are shit. Get Criterion's '54 on Bluray instead
>>
>>14172810
What? They had audio commentaries with every movie except Rodan/War of the Gargantuas, and that had a full length toku documentary made for it. CM has the best special features of anyone save that one Criterion release and the way OOP Media Blasters movies.
>>
>>14175416
>way OOP Media Blasters movies
If they had learned to wait, they wouldn't have pissed off Toho.
>>
>>14175458
I wonder how much the Godzilla fandom tanked that company? I know they had some other disasters (e.g. the GaoGaiGar dub), but kaiju fans pretty much pressured them into the Megalon license, and then, y'know....
>>
File: 1436392868017.jpg (50 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
1436392868017.jpg
50 KB, 320x480
>>14170829
I just want one company to buy the rights to every movie and finally release one big compilation pack. Especially so we can finally get a release of Godzilla 84 on a format that hasn't been phased out for nearly 20 years.
>>
>>14170829
I own these on VHS. Waiting for Blu-Rays man.
>>
Got all that on DVD except 1985 which is vhs.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.