[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prg/- Power Rangers general #100
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: FB_IMG_1461780444778.jpg (36 KB, 552x331) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461780444778.jpg
36 KB, 552x331
The 100th edition

/prg/ Faqs http://pastebin.com/unt9B5hG
>>
File: 1426578243142.jpg (36 KB, 335x390) Image search: [Google]
1426578243142.jpg
36 KB, 335x390
eating some cake to celebrate
>>
File: Prspd-shadow.png (658 KB, 638x1358) Image search: [Google]
Prspd-shadow.png
658 KB, 638x1358
>>
File: 1461880482617.jpg (121 KB, 590x443) Image search: [Google]
1461880482617.jpg
121 KB, 590x443
>>
File: 1461880501940.jpg (172 KB, 590x442) Image search: [Google]
1461880501940.jpg
172 KB, 590x442
>>
File: 1460756664254.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1460756664254.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>14171508
>>
>>14171502
>>14171508
It's even worse than the other one, and that's saying a lot.
>>
>>14171508

Mmmmm yes delicious
>>
I wonder if this will make its budget? This ain't the 90's anymore. Kids these days are more interested in Marvel heroes like the Avengers. Civil War looks awesome as fuck based on that leaked footage for the airport battle. PR just doesn't have the kind of long-standing mythos and staying power in US pop culture like DC and Marvel does.
>>
>>14171620
>PR just doesn't have the kind of long-standing mythos and staying power in US pop culture like DC and Marvel does.
DC and Marvel are popular because of a fad, just like it happened to PR back then and may happen again. That said, I doubt this movie will be more popular than the current super hero movies, but DC and marvel arent unbeatable.
And I'm sure the movie will make its budget, casuals talk about it once in a while, and they're sure to get some fans and nostalgiafag bucks so I wouldnt worry about that.
>>
>>14171667

DC and Marvel have both been popular since the 60s, DC for around 20 years before that. Even the movies have been around 8 years now, if you take Iron Man as the first really popular one. I don't think that really qualifies as a fad anymore. Audience taste will certainly transition to something else in time, but there'll probably be some kind of super hero movies in the pipes and doing reasonably well for long after that.
>>
>>14171713
Still in publication!=popular
You could say the same argument for power rangers.
Most people only knew most super heroes by name before the movies. Not to mention that they don't actually like super heroes anyways, that's why the comics are struggling.
>>
>>14171836
My cousins in grade school loved the shit out of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Toon Disney. And they also enjoyed Spectacular Spider-Man.

I see people at work wearing superhero-related merchandise all the time. Even this qt black girl was a huge Flash fan thanks to the CW show.
>>
>>14171843
Yes, fads are popular, that's sort of the point.
>>
UNF
>>
>>14171857
>>
>>14171851
>>14171836
US cape heroes have ALWAYS been in the public eye for years. Back in the 90's, practically every guy in kindergarten had a Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, or whatever-related shirt, backpack, lunchbox, etc. Action figures and vidya of DC/Marvel was huge as fuck back then. I had all the Batman toys from that decade as well as the X-Men games.

It's even more widespread because of the fact that the generation of kids that grew up with said heroes in the 80's and 90's are now 20somethings and 30somethings, who in turn, influence their siblings and even kids. Let's not forget that each movie and animated series attracts more and more kids to the fandom.

My godson loved Young Justice and now that he's in middle school, I get him all the direct-to-video DC animations.

Anyhow the MMPR film looks like shit and I'm not gonna even bother. Anyone that chooses to spend time and money deserves to be disappointed.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 367x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 367x295
>>14171857
Def got some Dino thunder up in dat booty!
>>
>>14171502
>>14171508
Are they shooting an Agony in Pink lesbian special or something
>>
>>14171994
Yeah, they're so popular the source material is struggling to even exist.
>>
r.i.p
>>
>>14170789
The Ninja Storm one was hype as fuck.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1435866082415.jpg (73 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1435866082415.jpg
73 KB, 540x540
>>14172088
Not really, Dino Charge has something similar, and Ninja Steel will. They're just not PR original which is a good thing since it means we'll see them more than 2 times.
>>
File: reds.png (2 MB, 1599x960) Image search: [Google]
reds.png
2 MB, 1599x960
>>14170789
>dat compression
>>
Man looking back, the original MMPR movie was actually good.
I know the megazord CG Was shit and some of the helmets were weird, but overall the plot, suits, and fights were pretty alright.

I am actually excited for this new movie.
>>
Wait, okay, so I get this is all the Reds and their assorted upgrades/Battlizers, but what counts as the upgrade for Turbo? Or is TJ as much of an upgrade as it gets?

>>14172923
Except for the annoying kid-insert, it was pretty different than you'd expect for the first Power Rangers movie.
>>
>>14172967
>, but what counts as the upgrade for Turbo?
Nothing, there wasnt an upgrade mode in Turbo.
>>
>>14172074
Comic sales are declining amongst the Big 2 because they're pricey as fuck which doesn't allow kids to buy them compared to 20somethings with disposable income.

Also, kids are more into the Internet, smartphones, vidya than reading comics. Trends and tastes change.

I'd also argue that because of the vast continuity spanning decades, it's hard for new readers to get into comics. This is why DC did the nu52 to revamp their universe as well as Marvel creating the Ultimate Universe back in 2000.

Nowadays, comic books are useful for adaptation and I don't see PR or the Japs making anything near the money or worldwide appeal that Marvel heroes are doing. I do hope WB gets its shit together and properly does DC.
>>
>>14174192
>Trends and tastes change.
Literally my point.

> I don't see PR or the Japs making anything near the money or worldwide appeal that Marvel heroes are doing
I'm not arguing against that, of course, it's very likely it wont even get close to be as profitable as the MCU is doing now, what I'm saying is that trends can change and cape movies wont be popular forever.
>>
>>14171836

How long does something need to be popular to not be a fad then out of interest? The 90's saw some of Marvel's best sales for instance, with something like 6 million sales of comics a month average for the decade. They've heavily declined since about 2000 - but that's still 40 years of popularity. Which is hard to classify as a fad to me. Additionally while comic sales have declined, they've declined across the board. It's not just Marvel or DC - it's all comics. And while the comics themselves have declined in sales, action figures, tv shows, movies and so on are as strong or stronger than they've ever been.

Saying it's a fad is like saying television is a fad. TV companies have declined in recent years thanks to video games, streaming services and so on. They don't have nearly as much attention as they once did, but saying television was (or is) a fad is just silly. It'll go on, just with less attention and perhaps some re-tooling to account for new technologies and social climes. Comics are adjusting or will need to adjust in future. They'll still be there in some manner though.

Also, saying people don't like super heroes cause the comics are struggling when super hero movies, tv shows, action figures and so on are doing gangbusters is just ridiculous. They don't like comics perhaps (and even then I'd say the high price and long history is more of a barrier than interest), but there's no cause to say they don't like super heroes themselves.
>>
>>14175157
Your whole argument is that just because people still care about it and is still being produced, it means its popular, which again, can also be applied to Power Rangers.

Even then, my other point still stands, Marvel and DC can be beaten, that's why there were lots of fads despite them still being around, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers itself being one of those in the 90s.

>Also, saying people don't like super heroes cause the comics are struggling when super hero movies, tv shows, action figures and so on are doing gangbusters is just ridiculous. They don't like comics perhaps (and even then I'd say the high price and long history is more of a barrier than interest), but there's no cause to say they don't like super heroes themselves.
That may be true for the animated tv shows and movies, which are fine and for kids.

But the movies and tv shows have to be heavily reworked with retarded drama, tacticool designs and "realistic" powers just to make sure people feel good about watching people in spandex(well, not really spandex) fighting it out. If you have to rework a concept just to make sure people can digest it, then people don't like the original concept to begin with.

Also, comics are available for free on the Internet and casuals still don't read them, so the price is definitely not a barrier. Neither is continuity since you have wikipedia available now. It's just that people don't like super heroes to invest more than a movie visit a few times a year, if even that(which is not wrong as of itself).
>>
>>14175264
>If you have to rework a concept just to make sure people can digest it, then people don't like the original concept to begin with.

Not the guy you're arguing with,but that's a little unfair. Any print media that's adapted to live action has to be changed in conversion just by nature of it's origins. Even something as relatively grounded as Sherlock Holmes. It's just more noticeable with superheroes due to the sub-genre's built-in conventions that don't translate well when acted out on the screen.

Though admittedly, nine times out of ten those changes will be superficial and cosmetic at best, but that has more to do with production companies playing it safe with the audience's expectations.

>Also, comics are available for free on the Internet and casuals still don't read them, so the price is definitely not a barrier.

Casuals by definition don't consume geek media on a regular basis. That's also not factoring in semi-casuals who only read one or two comics but aren't that invested in the medium as a whole.

Honestly the problem is that not enough casuals are into comics in general, but that goes back to how print media in general doesn't do well compared to TV, movies and video games.
>>
File: ocean bluff.jpg (33 KB, 234x417) Image search: [Google]
ocean bluff.jpg
33 KB, 234x417
Oh, that's interesting.
Ocean Bluff was the city where Jungle Fury took place. Kinda neat.
>>
>>14176435
>Not the guy you're arguing with,but that's a little unfair. Any print media that's adapted to live action has to be changed in conversion just by nature of it's origins.
Agree. I never said otherwise though. Some changes are understandable because of that. Many others aren't. For example: Galactus, the Mandarin, Parallax, MODOK, have next to nothing to with their comic counterparts and not because of different medium.

>but that has more to do with production companies playing it safe with the audience's expectations.
Yes, the audience doesn't want the actual super hero stories featured in their source material, that's why it has to be changed.
>>
>>14178240
>Yes, the audience doesn't want the actual super hero stories featured in their source material, that's why it has to be changed.

You can't honestly say that, there's no example that proves it. No one's ever done a straightforward adaption before. They're too worried about what the audience MIGHT think before production even begins to try. Case in point, the statements made before the production of this new Power Rangers movie began. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'd be willing to bet if certain companies actually did focus more on the story than a perceived notion of cool, they'd do fairly well.

Look at the reviews for Superman movies since Returns. Most are critical of the directors trying too hard to portray Superman in a melancholy and depressive light. It's only people who couldn't care either way who deride Superman as a character. But again, they'd rather try to appeal to a base that doesn't care anyway instead of doing the character justice, so he keeps getting middling outings.
>>
>>14178899
>You can't honestly say that, there's no example that proves it.
Are you high anon?
>Galactus
>Parallax
>People defending Iron Man 3 because "the mandarin would be too silly on screen"
>People defending winter soldier's modok
>Smallville was popular as fuck
>Nolan's villains had to be "realistic" and less cartoony
>normies didnt like Watchmen
And so on.

>No one's ever done a straightforward adaption before.
Donner's Superman and the 60s Batman were very close to the comics AND sucessful.
Watchmen was for the most part an onscreen play of the comic.
Lore-wise, the Green Lantern movie was very accurate, save for Parallax.

>They're too worried about what the audience MIGHT think before production even begins to try.
And why do you think that is?

> Case in point, the statements made before the production of this new Power Rangers movie began. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Other than the director saying its gonna be playful we have no reason to think it will be like the show at all.

>Most are critical of the directors trying too hard to portray Superman in a melancholy and depressive light. It's only people who couldn't care either way who deride Superman as a character. But again, they'd rather try to appeal to a base that doesn't care anyway instead of doing the character justice, so he keeps getting middling outings.
Yes, because the actual character was so unpopular they had to make it melancholic. Man of Steel was pretty much the Superman movie everyone wanted. Until it came out that is. Not sure why you cited this since it pretty much confirms I'm right.
>>
haha yeeeaaah
>>
>>14178936
>People defending winter soldier's modok
I don't know what movie you watched but my version of Winter Soldier had Zola in it, but no MODOK.
>>
>>14176475
Is this from the movie?
>>
File: 1450814507476.png (462 KB, 565x705) Image search: [Google]
1450814507476.png
462 KB, 565x705
What does /prg/ think of Truncated Power Rangers?

https://vimeo.com/channels/truncatedpowerrangers
>>
>>14174192
>as well as Marvel creating the Ultimate Universe back in 2000.
Of course that backfired, because it just ended up making a decade-long continuity to catch up on, and they ended up axing it completely.
>>
>>14172280
not the same
>>
>>14181348
It gets better as it goes on, right? Just finished the first episode, and so far the only really clever jokes were the BGM cues.

Okay, I laughed at "Kim's nasty pussy" and Zack's inexplicably Kiwi accent too.

>>14183314
What, because it's part of the source footage? They fulfill the exact same role.
>>
>>14184464
that's exactly what makes the Battlelizer so special.
>>
/r/ing Megaforce girls so I can make bubble
>>
>>14183279
Ultimate Marvel suffered for being a test bed of ideas that they would later use in 616 continuity and then the movies. It's a real shame that Loeb nuked the universe with Ultimatum and they couldn't salvage it.
>>
>>14184973
You don't need to bubbleize Pink. Plenty of full nudes out there.
>>
>>14184750
>>14184750
>liking pr original stuff just for being pr original
>>
>>14185065
I need more yellow
>>
>>14185065
There is?
>>
Watching the latest episode of Silicon Valley on HBO. Suddenly the Blue Wild Force Ranger as a sales person at Pied Piper.
>>
So what did they do for season 3 of MMPR, did they rely on original footage? since I haven't heard of Zyu3 or something.
>>
>>14186665
I'm going to guess that they largely relied on Kakuranger footage.
>>
>>14185353
Pink did a ton of nudes when she was like 17 .
>>
>>14186665
They kept the Zyu suits (and the Dairanger one for Tommy), but brought in the Alien Rangers for the Kakuranger footage.
>>
>>14186730
She still does
>>
>>14186665
Season 3 is probably the closest to a pure original footage season there ever was. They used Kakuranger footage for the Alien Rangers, and the robot fights were all Kakuranger, but the ground footage was almost entirely original footage. That's presumably also why they came up with the ninja suits so that they didn't have to worry about damaging the Zyu suits.
>>
File: Knight Bikini Dynamic.jpg (325 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Knight Bikini Dynamic.jpg
325 KB, 612x612
>>14184973
>>
>>14170789
>Has image of Super Megaforce Red rather than Megaforce Red
>Implies that OP thinks Super Megaforce is a good season
>Triggered

<spoiler>
>Bait Post
>Who will fall for it? </spoiler>
>>
>>14186730
Is there a link?
>>
>>14188394
It's all the Reds in their most powerful forms, genius
>>
>>14172289
I hate the rubber muscle battlizers
>>
>>14186759
Season 3 was shit. I hated the Alien Rangers and knew something was up when they morphed into those spandex ninjas while the Rangers only had Ninjetti outfits.

It's pretty pathetic that the US continues to make this Frankenstein patchwork instead of making their own shit.
>>
File: philippines-map.gif (159 KB, 1000x857) Image search: [Google]
philippines-map.gif
159 KB, 1000x857
>>14189036
>>
>>14171508
Kinky as shitt
>>
>>14189036
Power Rangers is literally the only show that still does this. What are you sperging on about?

Why are you saying the US in general when it's one company making one show?
>>
>>14189036

That's the thing. Dropping the pre-made assets basically skyrockets the budget and unlike with Japan, they're nowhere close to being able to turn a profit if it ends up shit.
>>
>>14189588
>he doesnt know about Midori no Yajirushi, Mirai no Densetsu and Za Furashu
I bet you think those CW shows are original.
>>
>>14190532
>He thinks adapting comic books is the same as adapting media from other countries

Ha ha ha. You're not funny.
>>
>>14190677
>He thinks that's what anon was talking about

Nigga you dumb
>>
>>14190532
Well considering how shitty the romances are in those shows, they'd have to be Japanese.
>>
>>14184464
Apparently Zack is supposed to be Samuell Benta
>>
>>14181348
The real deal right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8_HrVhnqNg
>>
>>14190532
I have no idea what any of those are and I'm not a 13-17 year old girl so I don't watch the CW.
>>
Oh jeez I just realized the last time we had a proper "current and previous teams" team up was fucking SPD.

Mystic Force had nothing but a non-ranger cameo, Overdrive had Once a Ranger which was still nice and honestly probably better than a MF team up. But then JF and RPM had nothing, Samurai gave us an in-suit only Red Ranger, MegaForce gave us some weak cameos and a Legendary Battle that just devolved into MegaForce fighting Xborgs by themselves and It doesn't seem like we'll be getting anything with DC.

Fuck Battleizers I want a new team up that's worth a damn.
>>
>>14191696
>Overdrive had Once a Ranger which was still nice and honestly probably better than a MF team up
Once a Ranger sucked ass, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 281x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 281x400
>>14171836
>Still in publication!=popular
>You could say the same argument for power rangers.
>Most people only knew most super heroes by name before the movies. Not to mention that they don't actually like super heroes anyways, that's why the comics are struggling.
Remember this?
What a financial flop huh? Didn't bring the franchise back into public interest at all, right?
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 349x254) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 349x254
>>14171861
I'd tap that. I'd tap that so hard.
>>
>>14192042
It was only half bad, The half being everything related to the OO Rangers.

>>14192051
Please don't. That's a completely different ball of wax that kind of proves his point.
>>
>>14191657
It's a joke, dont mind it.

>>14191696
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

>>14192051
>Didn't bring the franchise back into public interest at all, right?
It sort of did,yeah. Which, as mentioned, proved my point. While transformers did have comics made by Marvel it's not a Marvel/DC IP.
>>
>>14188395
I'll look for them this afternoon senpai
>>
everyone i got some bad news it seems that dobutsu sentai zyuohger will the last show of the super sentai series and there will be no more power rangers either and i was asking a question about will there be more super sentai and power rangers and i was waiting and my question was deleted so its gone i was hoping some more ranger teams but theres no more of that
>>
>>14192205
>It was only half bad, The half being everything related to the OO Rangers.

Everything related to the returning Rangers and the villains was handled terribly as well. Once a Ranger was just complete shit.
>>
>>14189036
Sentai wouldn't have been popularized in the US if it weren't for PR so STFU.
>>
>>14193144

The only part about the returning Rangers that was annoying was how forced they made things in order to have a red who wasn't really red there (SPD). It was really neat how they had the old Rangers using the new team's equipment and even Zords.

Especially if you compare with Boukenger vs Super Sentai, the old heroes get a much better showing in Overdrive. The villain came out of a plothole, but it's hardly the first time that one of the post-Space shows treat the Zordon era as some distant past even if that makes no sense. Lost Galaxy itself had the Astro Megaship from the just finished In Space as some old abandoned relic in the first episodes.
>>
How come the movie suits haven't been leaked yet?
>>
>>14172280
I think he's more sad about the lack of the word "Battlizer."
>>
>>14193952
The returning Rangers don't actually do stuff with the Overdrive Rangers (outside of the final battle); instead, they just show up and basically just take over as main team for most of the "crossover" while the Overdrive Rangers mope + temporarily disband. The returning Rangers only serve to fill in empty shoes rather than complement the current team. They show up, and the current team LEAVES. That is the opposite of a crossover.

As far as Z-for-Thrax, there's absolutely nothing interesting or cool about him, his relationship with the Sentinel Knight amounts to "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG" and his grand gathering of the bad guys just ends up with them doing whatever the fuck they want (which I think is best symbolized by Flurrious literally just making a pile of rocks on a random street).
>>
>>14194006
Because they haven't filmed with them in public yet.
>>
>>14194006
They are CGI.
>>
So what do you think this is?
>>
File: dollar-bill-illuminati.png (411 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
dollar-bill-illuminati.png
411 KB, 600x300
>>14194881
Oh oh oh, I know!
An upside-down dollar eye!
>>
>>14194915
Illuminate Force confirmed.
>>
>>14193952
>The only part about the returning Rangers that was annoying was how forced they made things in order to have a red who wasn't really red there (SPD).
At least it wasnt an OC liked by newfags.
>>
>>14195044
Thatd be fucking increidble.
Are they working for or against the Illuminati?
>>
>>14194881
Eltarian rune loosely extrapolated from the old MMPR logo.
>>
File: prangers.jpg (408 KB, 1200x780) Image search: [Google]
prangers.jpg
408 KB, 1200x780
Movie suits
>>
>>14197093
Red's helmet seems a bit thin and tall, other than that these look fine if a bit boring, the main suits look like any other 'special forces' you'd find in todays movies.
>>
>>14197097
>just put as many lines as possible!
>>
>>14197099
Kinda like Ultimate Kuuga.
>>
>>14197099
>>14197097

Kind of weird that they're going with bio-armor, I expected just a bunch of multicolored Ironmen. Although it makes me wonder if they took this route in order to make the "mouth" plates their actual mouths transformed into that.
>>
>>14197097
>tfw a PR fan
>tfw a TF fan
>tfw a TMNT fan

the suffering continues
>>
>>14197102
Ultimate kuuga still reminds you of kuuga and is simple as fuck. It's not about the amouny of lines, it's how you.use them.

>>14197097
So "realistic", just as i expect my power rangers to be.

At least they're coloured
>>
File: 1462361737027.jpg (626 KB, 2224x1500) Image search: [Google]
1462361737027.jpg
626 KB, 2224x1500
Have this /prg/
>>
>>14197097
is this Iron Man 4 ?
>>
File: 1455283343267.png (32 KB, 506x615) Image search: [Google]
1455283343267.png
32 KB, 506x615
>>14197097
disgusting
>>
>>14197097
Who asked for this
Fess up, because you need to kill yourself
>>
>>14197097
So Blue is a Ganma Superior?
>>
>>14197097
>those suits
JUST
>>
>>14197097
lol
>>
>>14197097
I HATE IT
>>
>>14197145
HE HATES IT
>>
>>14197145
HE HATES IT
>>
>>14197109
Are you really surprised? Hollywood is all about making things tacticool.
>>
>>14197097
Red's face looks like Robocop
>>
File: 1439499759182.jpg (17 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1439499759182.jpg
17 KB, 240x320
>>14197097

WELP
>>
>>14197158
yeah like those shops of rubbercup
>>
>>14197097
Out of interest, how would you guys adapt the suits for a big budget film?

I don't feel like the spandex would work, but at the same time this doesn't look very good either.
>>
>>14197097

Is it me, or there's a galaxy in the middle of their chests?
>>
>>14197169
Something along the vein of Gobusters
>>
Let's try to predict the trailer
>>
>>14197169
Actually, i'd keep the belt tho. I feel the belt helps cut the line.

Had some problems with Gekiranger initially too because of the no-belt design.

Of course, personally need to see the suit moving before can give proper judgement.
>>
File: 1447952366441.png (224 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447952366441.png
224 KB, 500x500
>>14197178
Some old man doing a voice over about people needing to take up responsibilities as the villains are revealed stepping into the light, it'll show a brief transformation snippet, some explosions, then near the end of the trailer you see a laser shooting into the sky.
>>
>>14197097
Anyone else notice that Blue, Yellow and Black all have the same helmet?
>>
>>14197097
Black LITERALLY looks like that reboot of Robocop
>>
>>14197183
No, they're very slightly different.
Note that yellow does not have those two bits of helmeting encroaching on the visor, black has a differently shaped brow piece, and blue's bottom part of the visor is more uniform with the two bits.
>>
>>14197097

These are pretty good. I'd have been disappointed if they went 100% with the original costume design.
>>
>>14197178
If they use the theme-song, that's cheating because it'll make me want to see the movie regardless of what they actually show on the screen.

It's Hollywood, though, so I get the feeling they'll misstep on even that mark.

I guess it'll include
>'An ancient evil has awakened' followed by explosions
>BWWWWWMMMMM sounds
>the money shot at the end will be the Zords
>>
>>14197196
Dont forget big flying texts and a party scene showing of tits and ass.
>>
>>14197196
There might be a low DUN-DUN-DUNDUN-DUN-DUN once the logo comes up
>>
>>14197097
How are they worse than the 90"s movie ffs?

It looks like they are adapting Power Rangers knock off toys.I know they think they have to redesign the suits but not to this extent.

Generic trash...and I shouldn't have expected better.
>>
>>14197097
I said it several times and I'll say it again: who is this movie for? All the pictures I've seen scream "this ain't yo daddy's Power Rangers!", and I have to ask, why are they trying to have their 90s nostalgia cake and eat it too?

The intended target audience for Power Rangers wasn't even born before the Disney era, so they won't care that it's a remake of MMPR.
The adults who grew up with MMPR but haven't watched Power Rangers in over a decade won't watch this, because - and this may be complicated so pay attention - they already have the option to watch Power Rangers and they're not interested.
The adults who still watch Power Rangers are visibly upset that it's a remake of MMPR, and would prefer that it be based on an unused Sentai or something original, because they like the fact that each series is almost entirely self-contained.

So this movie is only for two kinds of people:
One, ultra-normie parents who vaguely remember liking MMPR and want to introduce their kids to it, but not the actual MMPR they have nostalgia for, just something with the same title.
Two, morons who actually believe "dark and gritty" makes anything better, AKA the Bayformers audience.

Imagine how hype this would be if it was American Go-Busters instead, with a slightly bigger CGI budget but otherwise played entirely straight and using the exact same costumes. That's all it needed to be!
>>
>>14197273
>who is this movie for?
A mature audience

>and I have to ask, why are they trying to have their 90s nostalgia cake and eat it too?
Because they're fucking idiots
>>
>>14197273
>One, ultra-normie parents who vaguely remember liking MMPR and want to introduce their kids to it, but not the actual MMPR they have nostalgia for, just something with the same title.
>Two, morons who actually believe "dark and gritty" makes anything better, AKA the Bayformers audience.
those dumb movie execs targeting people who pay money to do things!
why won't they target people online who just steal everything?
>>
>>14197309
They shouldn't be making this movie at all.
>>
>>14197102
No. These suits are like Rising Ultimate.

Vanilla Ultimate's lines are used sparingly and actually have a point to them. That point is making Kuuga look more like a Grongi to demonstrate how dangerous a form it is.
>>
>>14197273
>Two, morons who actually believe "dark and gritty" makes anything better, AKA the Bayformers audience.
>implying Bayformers was dark and gritty

It was immature and dumb, there was nothing particularly dark or gritty about the films.

Hell, it was the opposite of gritty, they were incredibly flashy films.
>>
>>14197097
Will Marvel ever be the only ones to properly update superheroes?

Not to say Marvel has not made stupid design decisions, but fuck most of good super hero movie redesigns I can think of in recent time are from Marvel movies. One of few exceptions I can think of are ASM2 Spider-man and BvS Batman which was made by the same studio (Ironhead) that helps Marvel make their costumes.
>>
>>14197097
fuck me, the first movie designs were just fine
they actually resembled the MMPR suits but with a bit more armor
>>
>>14197196
Well what do u expect out of fucking power rangers
Dont kid yourselves this is lowest common denominator crap, and so is your weeb shit
>>
>>14197097
The navel piercings look terrible. At least give them belts for their belt buckles.
Poor black ranger looks like he's got a dick on his helmet.
I wonder if they'll animate the lips to move with CGI. That'd be hilariously bad.
Why the gaping vagina shape instead of the diamond pattern?
I wonder if they'll pull their weapons out of those holes.
What's with the non-uniform gray metal accents?
Red's practically an Ultraman while Blue and Black are nearly monochrome. Black looks kinda cool like a shiny umbreon, but Blue just looks terrible without anything to break up the blue.
>>
>>14197332
It's called business. Superheroes movies are all the rage now like how horror movies were in the 80's. Saban and Lionsgate wants those shekels so bad that they're gonna churn shit like this out.

I liked PR as a kid, but that's when I didn't know any better and we all had shit tastes at that age. You all deserve to be assblasted over this revamp if you actually had any hope for it.
>>
>>14197097
At least that stripe on the sartorius matches the one on green Rita's suit.
>>
>>14197273
It's manchildren and you know it. And some of them will drag their kids to go see this.

Say what you want about the Japs and sentai, but they actually treat their franchise as intergenerational pop culture with respect and love. They do this with all their live action cape shows like Ultraman and Kamen Rider. The effects are cheesy and inferior to Hollywood, the acting is laughable, and the scripts are crap but the whole purpose of toku superheroes is to provide fun and enjoyment for kids. Lionsgate doesn't realize this.
>>
>>14197196
It's gonna be a pile of shit like the Ghostbusters remake.
>>
File: INFINITLY MAD.jpg (69 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
INFINITLY MAD.jpg
69 KB, 497x732
>>14197097
SOILED IT

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOILED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
What Nip option on this ?
>>
>>14197573
Probably eat it up and be flattered that Americans are into their shit. Look at the Ghost in the Shell reactions.
>>
>>14197097
these suits aren't horrible. I think there are parts that can be improved, such as turning the silver parts white or black, and they're missing their dino icons.

otherwise, I think they're fine.
>>
>>14197573
https://oriver.style/cinema/first-look-at-power-ranger-suit/
This article even says "For some reason, the Japanese media isn't picking up on this even though it's a Hollywood adaptation of the familiar Japanese "Super Sentai Series".

The one comment is "Is this not going to show in Japan?"

On twitter, I see a few "looks nice" some "Doesn't look like Zyuranger at all", but mostly "Marvel/Iron Man?"

https://twitter.com/Sanyontama/status/728227221932908544/photo/1
>The Power Rangers movie costumes are amazing. They'd fit right in with the MCU. The suits are definitely made out of Vibranium or Adamantium.
>>
>>14197573
over in futaba's thread (http://cgi.2chan.net/g/res/1578460.htm) there's a comment that Red looks like Lord Zed
>>
>>14197651
Saban owns the worldwide rights to sentai and can distribute PR to Japan. He knows the Nips will flock to go see this.

>The Power Rangers movie costumes are amazing. They'd fit right in with the MCU. The suits are definitely made out of Vibranium or Adamantium.
LOL, too bad Disney sold PR back to Saban
>>
>>14197666
>Red's got a sturdy jaw
Now that he mentions it, I guess it's kind of interesting how the skull shapes differ.
>>
PREDICTION CORNER

>Rita will be the green ranger, that suit change is so suspicious to me. At the end of this movie she turns good and goes green ranger
>Sequel brings in Lord Zedd and Tommy as the white ranger, making it a 7 man team
>>
>>14197169
>>14197169
>I don't feel like the spandex would work
>for a movie based on a live action show where the characters suit are made of(jokes aside) spandex

The "it would not work on screen" excuse doesnt apply here.
>>
>>14197244
The 90s ones not only are great, they also nail everything they wanted with these new ones while also resembling the original ones AND the extra of unifying the white ranger looks with the rest.
>>
>>14197791
It applies here because it'd make the movie look really low budget.
>>
>>14197824
Then why not use the material that's used for the movie Spider-Man costumes. or the BvS Batman costume?
>>
>>14197728
The leaked set photos show a white motorcycle with the other colors but no green.
>>
>>14197824
You mean like the material they're adapting?

Also 90s movie suits.
>>
>>14171502

Invisible nipple syndrome.
>>
>>14197309
Missing his point.

>>14197492
>you shouldn't desire any quality at all! hope for shit effort and work! shit! don't have standards or even hope for them!
>>
theme songs rating.
r8/h8
GOD TIER
Turbo
In Space
Dino Charge
Dino Thunder
SPD

HIGH TIER
Mighty morphin
Alien rangers
Zeo
Time Force

MID TIER
Lost Galaxy
Lightspeed Rescue
Wild Force
Ninja Storm
Jungle Fury

LOW TIER
Samurai
Megaforce

SHIT TIER
Mystic Force
Operation Overdrive
RPM the unused one would have been high tier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEKDAlYoYe4
>>
>>14198320
There are also a few RPM themes recorded by Danny Sexbang.
>>
>>14198338
...what? source?
>>
>>14198341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFWF7evgJ40

At the time, Disney would accept theme demos for each season. There's several around by different artists for a few seasons.
>>
>>14198401
huh.

it's not horrible, but not that amazing either.

still better than what we got, but....
>>
File: Guyver comparison.png (329 KB, 732x368) Image search: [Google]
Guyver comparison.png
329 KB, 732x368
>>14197097
Alien bio armor like Guyver?

They seem to be more of a bird theme than a dino theme.
>>
>>14197195
>>
>>14197502
Fucking manchildren and their stable families and incomes, how dare they
>>
File: 1462465451196.jpg (34 KB, 146x142) Image search: [Google]
1462465451196.jpg
34 KB, 146x142
>>14197501
>>
>>14197097
Why the red ranger suit look likes Ultraman?
>>
>>14197196
And a gratuitous kissing shot because Hollywood
>>
>>14198700
Heh, if you updated that chart, heisei would have the same amount as showa.
>>
>>14197097
Worse than this.
>>
>>14198854
Well, yeah, that's not hard to do.
>>
>>14198854
Yes, Much.
At least those are aesthetically the same.
>>
>>14198854
People actually hated those suits?
>>
>>14198946
I'm not a fan. Their helmets are shaped weird.

But they look way better now.
>>
>>14197097
They should at least pose.
>>
>>14199000
CG isn't people.
>>
>>14199080
#CGlivesmatter
>>
>>14197097
I'm digging this. the aesthetic actually looks alien. I like the fact that each mouth piece looks unique to the Ranger, thats kind of a nice touch.
they look like early mock-ups for a screen test, so maybe they're not even the finalized designs yet.
>>
>>14197169
Thicker, less form fitting armor.
Less Iron Man, More SWAT.
>>
>>14198946
I did. It makes them look like actual action figures.
>>
>>14197097
While you bitter entitled elitist shut-in nerds complain about this new power rangers movie from your mother's basement, I'll be enjoying the fuck out of it with my girlfriend when it debuts in theaters. We will be having chimichangas, which is Deadpool's favorite food, while watching the movie.

Keep on crying your salty ass tears that Power Rangers will finally be taken seriously by mature adults with stable families and incomes and not just idolized by manchildren who can't even manage a mortgage.
>>
>>14199705
Deadpool doesn't like the taste of chimichangas, he just likes the way the word sounds.
>>
>>14199327
>>14197181
>>14197175
Guys we already got the perfect costuming for an PR movie.
It was called Tron: Legacy.
>>
>>14199705
You're not even trying.
>>
>>14197097
Honestly, I'd almost be able to handle the bodysuits if the helmets didn't look so weird.

It's like they're wearing helmets over helmets. It's just awkward, instead of alien. REALLY hope they fix that later.

>>14197169
Honestly? Still fabric, but something that suggests flexible metal, like the MoS Superman suit.

As an aside, I wish Green Lantern hadn't ruined the idea of full-CGI costumes. Energy-based costumes would be an interesting change of pace.
>>
Is it just me nostalgiafagging or was Operation Overdrive enjoyable?
>>
>>14198320
Swap turbo/Zeo and Megaforce/Jungle Fury and I agree 100%

Though I unironically enjoy RPM because the mood whiplash is deliciously ridiculos
>>
>>14200123
Well, your opinions are your own and whatnot, but just know that Operation Overdrive is frequently cited when discussing the worst seasons.
>>
>>14200136
I'm aware.
>>
>>14200133
Wait, so you consider Megaforce's theme better than Samurai's?
>>
File: proospencer.jpg (11 KB, 321x245) Image search: [Google]
proospencer.jpg
11 KB, 321x245
>>14200123
It's got problems for sure, but so does every season. There's plenty of enjoyable things in it too.
I've never fully understood why everyone makes out that it's flat-out shit in every aspect.
>>
>>14200221
Spencer is the only character off the top of my head that I'd say was actually good.
>>
File: i gotta find bubba.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
i gotta find bubba.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
At least the zords will be better than these past sentai OH designs.
>>
File: ChjGah1VEAAQD-o.jpg (79 KB, 600x877) Image search: [Google]
ChjGah1VEAAQD-o.jpg
79 KB, 600x877
>>14200247
Andrew Hartford was amusing in that the guy was a brilliant psycho.

>fearless adventurer
>travels the world creating his own personal museum for fun
>crazy billionaire
>builds his own Ranger powers so he can be one
>orders his butler to jump off a building
>scrambles everyone's DNA without a care
>builds a robot son because he can't get a wife
>>
>>14197097
I wonder if they're using the bucklers as morphers again.
>>
>>14200332
I have this horrible feeling that they're gonna fuse the morphers and communicators into a single device.
>>
File: 31829472.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
31829472.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
>>14200287
I did not care for the plot twist in OO at all. It felt artificial as fuck.
>>
>>14200287
And Gobusters had a robot ranger too.
>>
>>14200350
You cheeky bastard
>>
>>14200341
Then there would be no excuse to sell 2 toys for the price of 2 toys.
>>
>>14197097
so it's going to be all CGI?
>>
>>14198854
the costume didn't bother me that much back then
>>
hmm
>>
>>14200123
Did you watch super megaforce? After that, pretty much anything is enjoyable.
>>
>>14197111
To be fair TMNT is trying a bit.

TF just kinda lost fucks to give despite Hasbro trying to force Bay to give all the autobots actual dialogue
>>
>>14200350
heh
>>
>>14197097
I guess the toys gimmick is gonna involve a chest that lights up.
>>
>>14197097
>their mouths are different from each other

Well shit.
>>
>>14200764
>toy gimmick
Childish and unrealistic, not fitting with what power rangers is supposed to be...........according to apologists.
>>
>>14200764
Just like my Chinese bootlegs!
>>
>>14200788
But Star wars is about toys!
>>
Could a based anon throw the clean 500+mb webrip of 'When Evil Stirs', the Dino Super Charge premier, onto MEGA?

Seems like the torrents are no longer being seeded.

I put off DSC until after me getting through DC with my mate, and I never thought the first episode of all things would be the one I'd have trouble finding.
>>
>>14200123
Rewatched it about 6 months ago, and no, you're not mistaken.

Operation Overdrive's biggest sins were really contextual. Issues from Ninja Storm that compounded over the years to a infuriating level. Revisiting it, devoid of that, it's not too fucking shabby. It's one of the most serialized Power Rangers seasons, and while they do try to force in end-of-episode objects at times, it really kept me interested in the season to see how things progressed to the next episode.

Also, Fearcats. God damn, those are some of the best villains ever. And their final fight scene, that was one of the most intense blendings of US and JP footage at the time.
>>
File: fixedrangers.jpg (801 KB, 1200x780) Image search: [Google]
fixedrangers.jpg
801 KB, 1200x780
>>
>>14197111
They're all equally shit nowadays. I loved PR, G1 and Beast Wars, and the original TMNT cartoon and movies, but that was acceptable back then. Anyone that continues to be a fan of these franchises deserves to get ass-raped.
>>
Sup /prg/. I mostly watch Japanese toku stuff but my friends took in a one year-old kid, who obviously isn't old enough to read, so...

1. How old is old enough to watch Power Rangers?

2. What are two or three of the best seasons, preferably that don't require any requisite knowledge to enjoy?
>>
>>14200836
Shhh
>>
>>14201240
>he thinks the franchises are only the movies.
>>
>>14201248
1. Three or four to get a grasp as to what's happening. That said, my sister left my then 1 year old niece and she sometimes was hooked to toqger( i think it has to do with the colourful atmosphere of the show) so there's that.

2.i'd say mmpr1 or dino charge.
>>
>>14197097
Ugh ... boob armor and high heels, it's like they want to make kids think that objectifying woman is a good thing
>>14201105
Try to give the women a flat chest and take out the high heels please
>>
>>14201505
It's clearly some sort of armor and not spandex, flat chest for the girls would be uncomfortable.
>>
>>14201505
>All bodies are beautiful. Please stop depicting these bodies as beautiful.
>>
>>14201507
>>14201525
Well, at least in /co/ we agreed that it is distasteful, like Wonder Woman from BvS
>>
>>14201583
You're making yourself a bit too obvious there, buddy.
>>
File: american toy.jpg (27 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
american toy.jpg
27 KB, 640x426
>>14201505
>Ugh ... boob armor and high heels, it's like they want to make kids think that objectifying woman is a good thing

No they want kids to buy the damn toys. Quit shaming.
>>
are there any power rangers discords?
>>
>>14201614
stop asking this in every thread you massive faggot
>>
>>14198320
Lightspeed Rescue should be in the God Tier category as well as Mighty Morphin. I would also move Dino Charge down in ranking to either Mid Tier or High Tier (leaning more towards the former desu).
>>
>>14201583
faggot get back to >>>/co/
>>
>>14197097
>Literally just the Psycho Rangers.
>>
>>14201505
> they want to make kids
>kids
They said it's aimed at adults, they want adults to have a boner.
>>
>>14201105
Not a masterpiece, but better than what we got.
>>
>>14201505
>Why can't these females be males or children? why can't girls have the same anatomy as men? Why must tight-fitting armor be sexually dimorphic? Why can't the armor flatten the breast and give these rangers breathing problems?
>>
>>14202025
It would make more sense for it not to be form-fitting since it's armor. Contrary to popular belief, women have fought in battles throughout history, though they were seldom common.

Boobplate would drive any blade that hits near the center of the chest, directly to the heart. At the very least it should be smooth across the middle, possibly popped out in the middle, so as to guide a weapon away from the heart.
>>
>>14202034
>Contrary to popular belief, women have fought in battles throughout history, though they were seldom common.
Seldom common is an understatement. They almost exclusively exist in propaganda. They just don't belong on the battlefield and never have. Especially in ancient societies where men were often the better fed of the genders. Only difference is the ancient societies knew that.
>>
>>14202056
There were women who fought among the Mongols.

Anyway, the main point was just that armor which goes in between the breasts is stupid. It should not be concave at any point because that draws the weapon inward. It might go out at the breasts, but then it would just curve all the way down the chest and out the chest, such that the whole thing is kind of a dome with the center over the breasts.

Boobplate is idiotic. And there's no goddamn reason they should be wearing heels. High heels were a sign of luxury in the past and for a while men wore them as well as women; they fell out of fashion for men when things shifted so that high status was afforded to those who worked for their money instead of those who were born with it. High heels say "I can afford to look tall at the expense of difficulty with mobility."
>>
>>14202025
>give these rangers breathing problems?
>not wanting mighty morphin asthma rangers to represent the asthmatic community that use their inhalers as guns for their gimmick
fucking ableists man.
>>
>>14202081
> High heels say "I can afford to look tall at the expense of difficulty with mobility."
Heh, that's what I used to think as a kid. and I sort of still do now,except that I find them sexually attractive, but because I'm a femdomfag, not sure why normal men do tho.
>>
New episode summaries

Episode 9: Besties 4eva
Shelby’s lifelong friend Erin starts to take credit for a song that Shelby wrote when they were kids. But when Erin starts to take credit for the work of the Pink Ranger, she quickly realizes how dangerous it can be to claim ownership of someone else’s work.

Episode 10: Gone Fishin’
The Silver Ranger contacts Kendall from the far reaches of space to let them know where the location of a new Zord. When Singe and Fury intercept the message it becomes a race to see who can get there first.

Episode 11: Love At First Fight
Poisandra’s magic paint and brush are exactly what Beauticruel needs to make any guy she desires fall in love with her. Heckyl devises a plan to make the Rangers fall in love with her so he can steal their Energems

Episode 12: Catching Some Rays
The Rangers discover the cave where Koda and his family once lived. Questioning the wise words of his Grandfather, Koda opens a section of the cave he was told to never enter, allowing an ancient monster to escape.

Episode 13: Recipe For Disaster
Chase is determined to master a dessert recipe from New Zealand, when a food critic visits the Dino Bite Café. Meanwhile, an evil monster comes to earth to find the Energems and takes control of the Zords and Megazords.

Episode 14: Silver Secret
Tyler joins Shelby in auditioning for an open spot on the popular New Zealand band, The N-Zed Boys. Meanwhile, an ally arrives, but not before the Rangers suspects he has an ulterior motive.
>>
>>14202098
I'm 28. Historically, that's why people wore them. Obviously now they've become associated with gender such that they're considered sexy and such, but the fact remains they're a nightmare to walk on and fighting on them is absurd.
>>
If you were going to try to convince someone who likes Super Sentai that Power Rangers can be good too, which show would you get them to watch?
>>
>>14202112
Something that drastically differs from the source footage, like Space, Lost Galaxy, or RPM.
>>
>>14202112
RPM is the obvious example because it's so different so it's easier to convince them.
Then I'd say In Space ,dino thunder and Lost Galaxy for similar reasons.
SPD and Dino charge also have good footage usage and enough original material so they're good for that.
And maybe Ninja Storm and Zeo to have the 4 PR seasons that are better than their counterparts covered.

Thing is, most people just view PR as an adaptation of sentai in the same vein super hero movies are (in concept) adpatations of the comics which is not the case at all, and it ends up being difficult to them to make the abstraction required to watch PR as its own thing.
>>
>>14202103
When are the new episode premiere?
>>
>>14202122
>>14202128
Okay, different anon. Where should I jump in if I love Kamen Rider but haven't bothered with SS yet?
>>
>>14202131
The go-to recomendation for that use to be Go-Busters...which, while good is not as Kamen Rider as people say, but keep that one in mind.
Then it depends on what rider seasons you like more, and if you like old shows.
With that in mind, some I'd recomend are Dekaranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger and Shinkenger.
The current show, Zyuohger is pretty good (overrated as fuck tho, but good), so it's also worth checking.
>>
>>14202137
I was actually asking where to start with Power Rangers if I haven't watched any Super Sentai but have watched Kamen Rider. But I still appreciate the recommendations and will add them to my to-watch list.

My favorite Rider series are Kuuga and Double. I haven't watched any Showa Rider.
>>
>>14202150
Dekaranger is also sort of a detective show with great characterization and written by the same guy as Kuuga(who also did Abaranger, which is completely different but a great show).

As for PR, the recomendations usually are the In Space-Time Force era, dino thunder, SPD, jungle fury and RPM.
>>
>>14202160
Okay, cool. I'll check out Dekaranger and RPM. Thanks.
>>
File: 1458614294058.png (242 KB, 608x448) Image search: [Google]
1458614294058.png
242 KB, 608x448
>be in Target
>see power rangers display
>I'm bored so it's like a breath of fresh air
>I'm like daaayum is dat sum powah rangaz ovuh they?
>it's dino charge
>I'm like is that the original?
>some Japanese guy was watching me the whole time
>>
>>14202189

What?!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.