[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many Gundam shows should one watch before they consider themselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1458692420415.jpg (392 KB, 1175x768) Image search: [Google]
1458692420415.jpg
392 KB, 1175x768
How many Gundam shows should one watch before they consider themselves "ready" for Turn A? I understand it makes a ton of references and callbacks to the shows that came before it and generally isn't recommended unless one has at least a fairly solid grasp on what Gundam "means."
>>
>>14170568
Everything in production order from 0079 to X.
>>
>>14170568
Honest answer? Just 0079 so you know what Gundam's about in general
If you want, 0079 Zeta and CCA since early UC is a pretty big deal as far as gundam goes
You don't have to watch anything beforehand because they explain what the black history and all that is during the series.
>>
>>14170568
don't be a faggot, production order
>>
The absolute bare minimum is 0079.

Despite what people say, you really don't need to watch everything up to that point. You miss out on a few easter eggs and references, but that's it. Just watch it when you think you're ready.

I'd maybe suggest 0079, Z, ZZ, CCA, and G before going in.
>>
>>14170568
UC Chronlogical order from 0079 though the main series/OVAs.

Then production order for AU shit. Don't listen to LE PRODUCTION ORDER ONLY fags.
>>
>>14170636
obviously, don't listen to anybody telling you shit like this as a blanket statement. it's just passive shitposting.

in my own opinion, though: watch as many series in production order as you can before you get to stuff you don't like. if you're meant to get into Gundam, you'll probably just enjoy it all more and more. conversely, i felt the times i backtracked in production order were really jarring in a way that was unfair to the older shows.
>>
>>14170636
UC chronologically is a terrible idea. I always suggest production order but at the very least watch 0079 first before anything and Zeta before 0083. Everything else can be done chronologically although I don't suggest it.
>>
>>14170568
Does anybody have links to the official Turn A subs instead of the old fan ones?
>>
>>14170568
>How many Gundam shows should one watch before they consider themselves "ready" for Turn A? I understand it makes a ton of references and callbacks to the shows that came before it and generally isn't recommended unless one has at least a fairly solid grasp on what Gundam "means."

None.
>>
>>14170568
None. Most of the callbacks are little tidbits or easter eggs. If you know what a Zaku is you'll be fine. The Dark History is explained in-show. Turn-A was actually one of my first watches, and I enjoyed it all the same, because it's a fantastic series. It's pretty interesting to watch the series set before it and see where elements in Turn A came from retroactively, because even Reco has references to it being the future. But if you really want to get all the references, all of UC produced before it, G Gundam, After War Gundam X, and Gundam Wing are all referenced.
>>
>tons of references and callbacks
It's mostly just old mobile suits and the gundam formula.
>>
I watched practically everything before Turn-A and hardly noticed a thing. The Gundam Hammer is really the only thing that stood out as a callback or a nod to the old stuff, but otherwise... nothing major. Anyone claiming you NEED to watch more than the original series before Turn-A is memeing.
>>
>>14170568
None. You don't need to know shit in preparation for Turn A. It isn't some big culmination of everything Gundam, it just has some little references to a few shows.
>>
>>14172725
Sure my fellow /m/an.

http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/ld0TN0HR/file.html
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/5BdP9MrF/file.html

The subs were done for EG's 1080 release of Turn A, but pretty much just rename them to whatever version of Turn A you're using.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.