[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worthless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: rodan.jpg (19 KB, 584x300) Image search: [Google]
rodan.jpg
19 KB, 584x300
>>
File: stupid.png (62 KB, 280x255) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
62 KB, 280x255
>>
>>14165374
Rodan isn't worthless, he's Godzilla's Jet Scrander
>>
>>14165560
>he
You know, have they ever said which Rodan survived the original film? I always thought the female did and have been calling Rodan a she ever since.
>>
>>14166061
I hadn't thought of that.
I know Mothra is usually considered a grill, not sure about Rodan.
>>
>>14165374
is he pissing
>>
Can I get the Godzilla, Kaiju, Ultraman, Gundam infographics/watch image macros?
>>
>>14166120
Dunno, Rodan always seemed for feminine to me. Especially when she tried to adopt Godzilla Junior in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II. I don't really see a male Kaiju trying to adopt a random egg out of nowhere.
>>
>>14165374
Nigga, Rodan is the best.
>>
>>14165374
>Worthless
>has helped Godzilla more than any other monster even when they were enemies
>>
File: Godzilla rodan is best bro.webm (3 MB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla rodan is best bro.webm
3 MB, 640x344
>>14169966
>>
>>14169966
>Helped Godzilla more
I'm pretty sure that goes to Anguirius or Mothra
>>
>>14165374
At least post a pic of one of the later, goofier Rodans, not the GOAT original design.
>>
File: 1447354524302.png (16 KB, 309x249) Image search: [Google]
1447354524302.png
16 KB, 309x249
>>14170278
>Anguirius
>""""help""""
>>
I feel like the only movie where Rodan was actually effective was the original, and ever since she's been debuffed. I mean it was making winds with the force to topple cities and send busses flying through the air like plastic bags. It could fly at the speed of fucking sound.

Every other movie it just sort of flies around and occasionally Rams into things.
>>
>>14170846
Yeah, honestly I sometimes feel like Rodan's only so famous because he was one of the first kaiju in the franchise, and because he has a distinct design compared to most others (but is still pretty generic on its own). He's a pterosaur, a kind of giant monster archetype, so people take it for granted that he'd be there.
>>
File: 1456806448562.jpg (11 KB, 244x331) Image search: [Google]
1456806448562.jpg
11 KB, 244x331
>>14165560
>Godzilla's Jet Scrander
>>
>>14170916
He's definitely well known because he was one of the first, though I do think t helped that he debuted in his own movie rather than in a Godzilla one.

And yeah, despite his potential he's always been sort of bland after his first movie. I don't know if I'd want him drastically redesigned after this much time though.
>>
File: quetzel.png (1 MB, 1280x973) Image search: [Google]
quetzel.png
1 MB, 1280x973
>>14171838
I might like if Legendary Rodan looked a little more like a modern idea of a pterosaur's body shape. I just mean the wings, not the fuckhuge head.
>>
>>14171903
Was about to post the same thing, though given how many people are already fed up with the four long-legged hunched over monster design (granted, pterosaurs weren't *that* hunched over, but still), maybe it would be better to go with a different solution. On the other hand, two-legged pterosaurs can look too goofy. Maybe have him walk on two legs, but kinda in a crouching fashion to avoid looking like a man in a suit?

Then again, I always liked how OG Rodan looked when he was upright, because he was not only wide but also tall as fuck, and the wings were almost cape-like. He didn't look realistic, more like a freak of nature looming over buildings, somewhat majestic but also creepy with his human-like body.

That aside, realistic pterosaurs need to make a movie appearance somewhere. They're bizarre enough, no need for any Hollywood redesign.
>>
>>14169711
Godzilla in 1967, 1993, and 2004
Rodan is said by the Mothra fairies to be male.
>"Now Rodan says he'll just fly away."
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.