[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Fafner the closest mecha has to offer as an art? The otherworldly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
Is Fafner the closest mecha has to offer as an art? The otherworldly styling of both the characters and the Fafners seem to be something that the mechanical designers and character designers of today seem to avoid entirely.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a case of Fafner being something of a pinnacle in both Japanese art and story telling. The themes of post-humanism as well as strength through suffering seem so common and reoccurrent that I can't help but see it as a, not only a classic piece of mecha history, but as a piece of art to the world.

Why is it that NOTHING has come close to matching the quality of Fafner's visuals and story telling? Is the mediocrity of today's artist because of their blatant lack of skill, or is Tow Ubukata just among the greatest storytellers of the world?
>>
>>14164076
>Is Fafner the closest mecha has to offer as an art?
No that's Aquarion
>>
>strength through suffering

Well done flavor of this pasta.

Polite sage since we already have a fafner thread up
>>
>>14164076
Please don't post such obvious bait.
>>
File: 1451266836348.jpg (230 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1451266836348.jpg
230 KB, 1440x810
And then this fucker shows up.
>>
Is this the only Fafner thread here right now?
>>
>>14164240
It's fucking shit though
>>
>>14165429
No.
>>
>>14164076
stop false flagging,Fafnerfags (me included) can be pretentious and annoying but I don't see anyone who actually cares take our opinions outside of the threads and parade them like truth,you're just trying to create another valverager and I won't let you do it with a show I like
>>
>>14166472
You should learn to look at the catalog before you post
>>
>>14166387
ops meant for >>14165429
>>
This is the fifth time I've seen this pasta for /m/ this month.
>>
>>14164076
>Worst samefag of Gundam Seed's key designs
>Art
You shit taste.
>>
File: 1449351752265.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449351752265.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
Is she the el rato of Fafner?
>>
>Hirai shit
>art
>>
>>14167079
>>14169214
>Responding to copypasta
>>
>>14164076
Bumping for interest

Is there a chart for watching order for getting into the Fafner series?
>>
File: 1449550426968.png (4 MB, 949x1072) Image search: [Google]
1449550426968.png
4 MB, 949x1072
>>14172154
Here
>>
>>14172317
Thank you
>>
>>14172322
don't start with LoR. You need to understand the concepts of the mecha and world, etc, or else you're going to be confused as fuck.

Not sure why people think it's a good idea to watch something just because it's a prequel. A prequel is a sequel that happens before.
>>
>>14175883
>warning about entry point confusion

>in a show whose ten episode marathon of bad writing is defended under the premise that you're supposed to be confused about what's going on
>>
>>14175896
>premise you're supposed to be confused
I wasn't confused, just had questions. They got answered over the course of the series, what's the big deal if the writing was a little less than stellar, but got cleared up in the end?
>>
>>14175913
Because it wasn't good, especially not consistently.
>>
>>14175883
Anon nobody has told him to watch RoL before Dead Aggressor
>>
>>14175896
>bad writing
There was no bad writing. It's true that the writing wasn't as god as they rest of the show, but it wasn't bad.
>>
One more week to the event
>>
>>14179937
Can't wait. Hopefully something cool will come out of it
>>
>>14176653

Like Rina offering Sui her ass an episode after her brother died, that wasn't forced or anything.
>>
>>14180087
>forced
There's that silly word again. Everything written is by definition "forced", what you're looking for is inorganic.
I somewhat agree, but Rina hasn't really been known for her panache.
>>
>>14180098
>Everything written is by definition "forced"

What in the seven hells is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>14180087
Eh? She clearly doesn't want to be alone
>>
Why everyone on this show looks like Shinn and Lunamaria wearing different wigs?
>>
>>14180087
Sui's been wanting to fug her for the entire 26 episodes.

She might not reciprocate his feelings but she knows he has them.

And she was out for Vagrant's blood at that point and thus was using psychology to keep Sui going. Tell the kid she'll fuck him so he brings Vagrant down even if it kills him so she can nuke him for revenge.
>>
>>14182424

>And she was out for Vagrant's blood at that point and thus was using psychology to keep Sui going.

Uh-huh. You're putting far too much thought into hollow fanservice.
>>
File: 048.png (274 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
048.png
274 KB, 640x480
>>14182430
She spent the entire episode fuming.
She was aware of Sui's hesitations/doubts from the first season and all his family drama.

Sui fucking goes "Is it really okay for me to do this?" the moment they're alone.

I'm giving Rina some credit that she was smart enough to know what to say to Sui to keep his head in the game so she'd get a chance to vaporize her brothers murderer. Which I still think Soushi unfairly stole from her. She should have been the one to rip out Vagrants heart.
>>
>>14182444
>Sui fucking goes "Is it really okay for me to do this?" the moment they're alone.

Then that just makes it stupider.

I know it's very nice that Fafner is hailed as a peerless masterpiece of mecha and SF, but it's hardly free of the trappings that affect almost every other show like it.

And it's funny you make mention of Sui's family drama when she's the one whose brother just fucking died an episode prior and because of how late it happens the show glosses over it save for one conversation involving the afterlife because whatever.
>>
>>14182460
Not the guy you're replying to, but
>an episode prior
There were at least 4 days in between, I think it's actually 5, but oh well.

Just because it happened "an episode" before, doesn't mean she's (who has seen many friends die) gonna spend that much time grieving.

It doesn't make it any less fanservicey, but it's not particularly unlikely to happen. People deal with grief in strange ways.
I think the other guy is looking at it the wrong way too, but I don't think the occurrence is that far out.
I'm also surprised this is the instance of fanservice that you seem to be most irritated with when there are at least two more blatant examples in one of the early episodes.
>>
>>14182551
>(who has seen many friends die)

In a show where none of the main cast die outright at all except Hiroto, and almost everyone is completely oblivious to the fact that he bought it up until the closing act.

It's not like anyone she knew died in HaE, either.
>>
>>14182601
>>In a show where none of the main cast die outright at all except Hiroto
Well, if anything she actually knew about that before anyone else.

And, by outright die, I'm not sure you could only say Hiroto, when just like Canon, he also has some post-death chit chatting. Also, I guess she wasn't friends with Tsubaki, but to limit the ring of people that died only to her closest friends, well, I think that's a little silly when people on the island she's known (named or otherwise) have died.

Thank you for saging this thread at least. As much as I love copypasta, it's not a good way to open a thread.
>>
>>14182634
>I guess she wasn't friends with Tsubaki
She was closer to Tsubaki than anyone else except Seri, Soushi, and maybe Chizuru. They were pretty close friends.
>>
>>14182977
>She was closer to Tsubaki than anyone else except Seri, Soushi, and maybe Chizuru. They were pretty close friends.
I know that. I was being a smart-ass.
>>
>>14182430
>fanservice
No one is jerking off because she mentioned her ass I assure you.
>>
I'm suddenly lost: I was rewatching the second OP and realised that I have no idea who the fourth kid in this pic is. There's Mamoru, Kouyou and Kenji, but who the hell is the other one?
>>
>>14184809
Idun
>>
>>14184809
Mid-right is Kuramae.
>>
>>14184844
>Kuramae
OH. I thought it was Kouyou but it really is Kuramae now that I look at her.
>>
File: 1452829095229.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452829095229.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
Did anyone ever turn the songs from FLsnow's releases into proper separated MP3's? I downloaded the one from Vol 8 and it's just one long wav that has Hiroto's song in both vocal and off-vocal joined together.
It's both joyful and painful to listen to it
>>
>>14185364
Use music bee. It has a converter.
>>
>>14185376
For some reason the songs from Vol 2 come as .bin and .cue and I can't seem to be able to mount them.
>>
>>14185386
Use music bee. Open the cue file, it'll load the associated tsk file. Then use the converter in music bee.
>>
>>14185390
Didn't work, but Isobuster did. I'm going to look up the names and tag stuff accordingly, then upload it. Shouldn't take long.
Weren't we supposed to get Flugel, Terra and Azul by Sui, Reo and Mimika?
>>
>>14185429
https://mega.nz/#!bApxADiY!dH8wespbcpyAE3GKrIV5odQjEgcQCBptols6VUIx0iI
Here we go.
I assume Hiroto's song is that one song he appeared with on TV since Dead Aggressor.
>>
>>14168187
pls respond
>>
>>14187440
Well, she is a ningen.

She did a lot wrong though.

At least you sage'd
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.