[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is break blade good? is it good? is it good? is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: 2014bbl.jpg (249 KB, 1000x638) Image search: [Google]
2014bbl.jpg
249 KB, 1000x638
is break blade good? is it good? is it good? is it good?
>>
>>14159424
No. It's a sampler platter of generic cliches that goes nowhere.
>>
>>14159439
but are there cool robot fights
>>
>>14159424
It looks awesome plus no retarded explosions, robots get damaged and broken.
>>
>>14159424
The movies lose a bit of steam halfway through but it's still pretty entertaining. The manga got so bogged down by hiatuses I lost track a while ago.
>>
>>14159424
Pretty art, but terrible characters and pacing.
>>
Did the manga ever explain why the Delphine only works for Rygart? What the connection between everyone else and the quartz is (as in how they are able to manipulate it and why Rygart cant? Basically, the events that lead the world to the state it is in.
>>
File: magic.jpg (79 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
79 KB, 720x479
>>14159542
>>
>>14159542
Well, i have a great theory that explains why Rygart can use the Delphine, but no one else can.
Rygart is an un-sorcerer, something akin to what we are as humans. When someone from his time touches Delphine, Delphine does not recognize it as human. But when Rygart touches it, he is recognized as human.

And possibly there was an old war a long time ago. between some sort of new Super Human weapon, that can use this new magical technology that can manipulate quarts. And the delphine was one of the few last ditch effort weapons at the time, something quickly built, to try and "defy destiny."
Defy what humans are becoming, or defy something along teh lines of a old cold war gone wrong.
>>
>>14159424
Cool series, fucking love the Delphine and all of her armors. I love that all three of them are meant to just fucking ram through enemies.

I have no clue where the manga is going but my fucking god I began to hate his old friend fuck. I forget his name.
>>
Come for the fights, stay for the fights.

It has GREAT 3dcg ;^{)
>>
>>14159424
The best character dies too early.
It's really mix bag, has some really good moments, has really dumb moments.
Read it and watch if you like, whatever.
>>
>>14159564
>>14159542
This is not so much a theory as it is stated in the goddamn manga, Delphine was the last fuck you from the normal humans against the sorcerors, its implied that they are the ones who wiped out humans long ago and that the sorceros and the normal humans have enough differences in the DNA that Delphine can lock out everyone who can manipulate quartz, the name broken blade comes from the inscription Delphine has on its armor "resist your destiny" and the fact that its external heat dispensor is broken

The best part is that Delphine ended up being so fucking good that it can still tear apart golems hundreds if not thousands of years in the future without any of its armaments and with its heat sink broken and still has its own reactor working perfectly

>>14159581
>I forget his name.
Zess, the best part is that I think he has stopped tryign to go back to the battlefield after the brutal beatdown he took from Rygart the last time they fought
>>
>>14159670

I'll never understand why Girge is so beloved. Then again, I've only seen the movies and while he's an idiotic twatnozzle in that he might be good in the manga? I can't follow the flow of action to, what to me at least, is unclear art, so I guess I'll never find out since reading it feels like a chore.
>>
>>14159688
He's a bit more developed in the manga. Same basic character though.
>>
File: 2458215-05_cropped.jpg (119 KB, 898x1280) Image search: [Google]
2458215-05_cropped.jpg
119 KB, 898x1280
yes, there's a character that would make you think, "if I were a girl I would want to bear his children"
>>
>>14159712
Girge was an uncharismatic asshat who barely did anything.
>>
It's probably the 3rd best mecha show that aired this decade.
>>
>>14159688
>to
too.

Retarded mobileposter.
Past that, I'd wager that you can't follow much of anything more challenging than IBO.

Granted, Girghe is a faggot and he's liked because eh kills bad guys with style.
>>
>>14159758
1 & 2?

Not being confrontational, genuinely curious.
>>
>>14159797
Is there a magical way to tell if somebody is posting on a phone, and even if there is, who cares?

It's like a contest to see how childish your reasons to get butthurt can be.
>>
>>14159686
He is still a little cunt.
>>
>>14159424
Years ago (when movies didn't came out yet) there was this asshole who used to shove this on everyone's face in the anime club I was part of.At first I avoided it and then I gave a try.Action scenes were really confusing and I end up skimming till that 12 year old enemy pilot with body of 24 year old was made to live with fanservicing queen.I think that made me to drop it.
Did it improved in all these years?
>>
>>14159802
I suppose he means MJP and Fafner.
>>
>>14159543
>adnd image
>>14159712
id fuck him regardless.
>>
>>14162227
mjp is average.
>>
>>14160459
>That 12 year old with a body of a 24 year old
Well lets get this out of the way. In the manga you see her mother and by fucking god she is a MILF to end all MILFs, its just some good genes in that family.

Now on the main topic, I say rewatch the series and not be an ADD fuck about the action scenes. How did you find them confusing?
>>
>>14162695
Guess that anon just doesn't have a high opinion of /m/ shit made in the last decade
>>
>>14162701
I am talking about the manga,anon.
They were really jarring from panel to panel transaction to the point it was really confusing
>>
>>14166190
I have to agree with this. It's hard to connect one panel to the other. I spent so much time trying to figure out what was physically happening that I just gave up on it.
>>
>>14159686
The best part about the Delphine isn't just the fact that its top tier even thousands of years later, its the fact that they had to make new parts to replace its damaged/old parts and armor, and it still goes on to kick ass even with their inferior quartz processing capabilities(They couldn't heat it or anything since no oil).
The normal humans had refined the quartz so much that the cockpit block which was made out of it could take a pointblank shot from their guns which could wreck regular golems from a distance.
>>
File: 1398098199858.jpg (92 KB, 903x604) Image search: [Google]
1398098199858.jpg
92 KB, 903x604
It's a great show, with an elaborated world and surprisingly believable geopolitics, interesting and unique characters, beautiful and skillfully mecha, as well as excellent fighting ...

In the manga, without exaggeration, shows one of the best mecha universes:)
>>
>>14173299
>:)
>>
>>14159688
>I'll never understand why Girge is so beloved.
Imagine a Batman who has no problem with killing people or using guns and put him into a giant robot.
>>
>>14159424
Good battle but little detail on the mecha part, also the story and setting really depressing.
>>
File: breakblade01.png (3 MB, 1784x3147) Image search: [Google]
breakblade01.png
3 MB, 1784x3147
>>14173426
You're wrong, here, for example, detailed information
>>
or is, detailed outline of the cockpit
>>
File: 052.png (139 KB, 818x1200) Image search: [Google]
052.png
139 KB, 818x1200
>>14173663
IS that from a manga page? I love design details, especially the cockpit, got anymore?
>>
>>14159491
Will the manga ever be finished? I don't want it to end up the way Berserk did.
>>
File: delphine art.jpg (288 KB, 775x1024) Image search: [Google]
delphine art.jpg
288 KB, 775x1024
>>14176396
I do not remember, but most of the BD scans
>>
>>14173299
The thing that bugs me about BB world is the naming scheme. It's like they're throwing names from mythology randomly without any consideration.
A kingdom in the desert named Krishna where its inhabitants mainly have Norse name got invaded by another country named Athens where nobody has greek-sounding names. It feels jarring, they should've made up completely random names instead.
>>
>>14176396
The Artemis is my waifu.
>>
>>14177798
I think so. If we assume it will end after the war.
>>
File: Fafnir.png (132 KB, 955x1400) Image search: [Google]
Fafnir.png
132 KB, 955x1400
>>14184922
Its pretty sexy, the fafnir is pretty sexy too
>>
>>14159802
Fafner Exodus and Build Fighters respectively.
>>14162227
MJP wasn't bad, but the best? Argevollen, M3, Buddy Complex and G-Reco are better than it. I would even say that Cross Ange wins against it as well in terms of sheer enjoyability.
>>
>>14185105
>Argevollen, M3, Buddy Complex and G-Reco
Mediocrity does not beat mediocrity.
>Cross Ange
>sheer enjoyability
Extremely subjective.
>>
>>14185105
>argevollen

lmao what? people actually liked that? the first episode was absurdly awful and I dropped it on the spot
>>
>>14183852
Well at least the desert part is thanks to the area deteriorating over the centuries
>>
>>14159424
shit pacing with an annoying as FUCK main character.
>>
>>14185105
>Argevollen, M3
No
>Buddy Complex
I'd disagree, but fair enough. It ended somewhat flaggingly though.
>Reco
Based on production values, I'll give you. This is massively important.
>Break Blade
I'd put MJP on par with it honestly
>Build Fighters
Meh. Fair choice
>Exodus
Damn right.
>Cross Ange
I liked it a lot, but better than MJP? Nahhhhh
>>
>>14187408
>shit pacing
How so?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.