[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got an hour and 30 minutes into Macross: Ai oboete imasu ka,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault (80).jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (80).jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
I got an hour and 30 minutes into Macross: Ai oboete imasu ka, and I got TICKED OFF when Hikaru chose that other girl over Lynn Minmay!

Not only is Lynn pretty, but she sings well, is cute, and generally cooler than that other chick. He was even a fan of her music beforehand, so he clearly wanted to slam her. Had a big poster of her on his door too--Imagine meeting your favorite idol and she is totally into you. That's a fucking dream come true right? And not only does he cheat on her, rejects her, but he ALSO pimp slaps her. Such a disrespectful man. Not sure why he kissed that bitch on Earth when he KNEW Lynn Minmay was still into him, even if her whereabouts were unknown. I have no real issue with the other chick but romatically? Lynn all the way. Goddamn. If only this were a video game where I could choose.
>>
>I got an hour and 30 minutes into Macross: Ai oboete imasu ka, and I got TICKED OFF
I only have two words to describe your tale: Hella fuckin epic!

Stick to Aldnoah.Zero, faggot.
>>
Minmay was a fucking child the entire series mane. Fuck her.
>>
>/m/ if it existed in the 80s
>>
WE
>>
AT
>>
ROBOTECHX
>>
ALL
>>
File: 1461007675507.jpg (275 KB, 632x483) Image search: [Google]
1461007675507.jpg
275 KB, 632x483
>>14152246
>>
File: Will you love me tomorrow.jpg (208 KB, 1411x1047) Image search: [Google]
Will you love me tomorrow.jpg
208 KB, 1411x1047
>>14152197
Misa > Minmei

Always has been, always will be.
>>
Well, at least I can buy a figure of her
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
9 KB, 480x360
I never understand the kind of mindset where people want the protagonist to pick the same girl that they would pick, especially when the main character is as much of a dull schmuck as Hikaru
>>
File: 140.jpg (26 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
140.jpg
26 KB, 300x100
>>14152347
If the hero is gonna get the girl it better be the cute one
>>
>>14152347
I want my favorite girl to be happy obviously, even if she sees something in MC that I don't (I'll still complain about the MC though).

Fortunately I always end up choosing the girl who doesn't have a chance in hell, so I can pretend that a mecha-loving fag like me could console her with my hugs and make her happy. R-right?

half the time I end up liking background girls with the prettiest hair and a combined total of 6 seconds screen time, just kill me
>>
>>14152347
You want the girl you like to be happy, even if the MC is a dipshit
>>
One thing's for sure; Hikaru is an alpha sexhaver.
>>
>>14152206
Thanks for reminding me to update my filters when my computer gets fixed.
>>
>>14152445
>Hikaru is an alpha
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>14152450
No problem, friend. That's at least two.
>>
>>14152451
He is generic but he slaps a bitch and makes moves
>>
DYRL is an in-universe movie based off of the events of SDF. She didn't win in real life, she didn't win in the movie.
>>
File: Hayao_Kakizaki_1.jpg (34 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
Hayao_Kakizaki_1.jpg
34 KB, 400x303
F
>>
>>14152647
Minmay won my heart and that's what matters.
>>
Minmei wouldn't sing while people were fucking dying and she was the one and only hope for mankind.

FUCK Minmei.
>>
File: ep18_pineapple_salad_closeup[1].png (674 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
ep18_pineapple_salad_closeup[1].png
674 KB, 720x540
Friendly reminder that this was the true villain of Macross
>>
Minmei was a bitch.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-14-11h33m46s433.png (288 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-14-11h33m46s433.png
288 KB, 640x482
>>14152682
I wish he had been there to see this ;_;
>>
>>14153110
>>14152691
Stop bullying my waifu this instant
>>
>>14152445
>One thing's for sure; Hikaru is an alpha sexhaver.

Hikaru is an idiot
Minmay is an idiot
Misa is an idiot

None of the three characters are worth a damn
>>
>>14152197
Minmay is a fucking whore, second only to Nina as far as shitty lead female characters go.
>>
>>14152328
She is just average, Minmay is more special
>>
Minmay didn't love Hikaru. Hikaru would have picked her if they had a chance of life together, because they don't, he chose Misa.
>>
DEKULCHA
>>
>>14152394
Wishing suffering upon your waifu is pretty much the opposite of wanting her to be happy though.
>>
File: deculture.jpg (45 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
deculture.jpg
45 KB, 500x341
>>14155083
>>
>>14154033
Your waifu a shit!
>>
>>14152197
the point was how hikaru build something real with misa, unlike minmei that was pretty much just a dream.
they could've been the happiest couple in the whole galaxy? totally, but it just didnt happened.

and i like it this way, life is a fucking bitch.
>>
>>14156455
Misa is an adult love, fulfilling, with someone you can actually picture yourself having a family with.
Minmei is an adolescent love, all about hormones, someone you date when all your thinking is done by your penis.
Macross is about a young, idealistic but horny idiot turning into a responsible, sensible adult. Not just by choosing Misa. If you look back, he made the same choice with his career. He went from flying just for the kicks to do it to protect the others.
Roy saw it from the beginning, he knew that he needed to grow up and he pushed him so he could. You see the very first chapter and it's quite clear already, Roy is gently telling to be a man (amidst all his jokes) and he eventually realizes he does need to grow up.
It's only the logic and sensible thing that Hikaru would chose Misa, that was part of his growing as well. But even though he evolved, he never changed what he was in his core. Because he still had strong feelings towards Minmei until the end. Because he still tried to end the war, to stop the massacre.
And in a beautiful last chapter he symbolizes the growing up that humanity needs to do, after such a terrible war. Aim to the stars. Let go of the crib, our planet, and survive elsewhere. Our Earth is but a tiny planet in a huge Universe.

Yeah, I'm making stuff up, but still, it's a nice way to look at all that.
>>
>>14152712
To be honest, when I first saw Macross I was a kid that only cared about cool mecha wars. I weren't bothered by the deaths. Of course, I saw it many times since then, and even though I nowadays know that Roy dies, when and how, it never stops being touching. If I started to watch this series as an adult I'm sure that Roy's death would've actually been a huge deal. Damn you, pineapple salad. You took out one of the best characters there were in anime.
>>
>>14156867
But Kawmori stated he would have picked Minmay if she was around and if she didn't belong to the people (and actually loved him). Hikaru just settled down out of convenience, don't kid yourself he preferred Misa.
>>
>>14156983
source pls
>>
>>14156983
Yeah, but Kawamori is an idiot, so who cares. It's not as if he did Macross alone.
>>
>>14156983

At Anime Expo 2002 he responded to "Misa or Minmay?" that during the research on the south pacific locals for Macross Zero "I learned a man can have more than one wife."
>>
Lynn Maymay
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.