[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GIVING UP ON GUNPLA [+ BDSM thread]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: fuck.jpg (108 KB, 1180x620) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
108 KB, 1180x620
/m/en, I'm giving up on gunpla.

Bought a 20 US$ kit from Ebay, but border control of this jungle tried to stab me with +154 US$ (extra 'taxes'). Now I have to enter into a legal fight to avoid it, retrieve part of the money and save my kit. Dear lord, it's just plastic...

After that, I'm throwing the towel: no gunpla for my anymore.

By the way, how much /m/ usually pay in taxes? How it works in your country? Are there any exceptions?
>>
>>14151842
Ayy lmao.

What shithole do you live in?
>>
>>14151842
>Paying for shipping taxes
>tfw we get fresh, right-after-the-japan release kits without waiting and paying for taxes
Trump has failed before he even began.
>>
>>14151842
br?
>>
File: 54f67h51d96h.png (562 KB, 495x500) Image search: [Google]
54f67h51d96h.png
562 KB, 495x500
>>14151853
>What shithole do you live in?
>>
File: Join Neo Zeon.We have cake.jpg (57 KB, 485x600) Image search: [Google]
Join Neo Zeon.We have cake.jpg
57 KB, 485x600
>>14151895
>Earth Federation flag
Shoulda made the move to the colonies, mang. Everyone knows the EF is run by greedy bureaucrats who survive solely by taxing everything.
>>
sorry to hear that, that's sort of thing is just bullshit, I've dealt with some customs bullshit before but never to that extent (though I've heard horror stories from friends about their dealings).
>>
>>14151895
>Literally a meme earthnoid country
Rip people whose souls are weighed down by gravity.
>>
>>14151930
>wallets weighed down by absurd taxes
>>
File: 1445388234221.png (161 KB, 710x503) Image search: [Google]
1445388234221.png
161 KB, 710x503
>>14151895
hue hue hue
>>
>>14151842
Netherlands here.

It's usually delivered by PostNL, and for packages over a value of €22 they have a base €13 delivery fee for regular delivery (things like SAL) from outside the EU. For EMS it's €17.50. Then there's a tax which is about 21% of the value of the package without shipping.

I got a package with some gunpla and other accessories today, registered SAL, took two and a half weeks to arrive. It was €32.50 euros, without shipping. 21% of 32.5 is just about 6.8.
€6.8 + €13 = €19.80

So in the end for this package I had to pay the mailman €19.80 exactly at the door in taxes and delivery costs.
>>
J
>>
U
>>
S
>>
T
>>
Q
>>
>not smuggling in Gunpla
How can you call yourself a /m/an with such little dedication?
>>
C
>>
>JUSTQ?
What does it mean?
>>
>>14151895
Wait what? They apprehended your gunpla? This has never happened with me, the most they did was give the absurd tax, what the fuck did you ask? Neo Zeong?
>>
>>14151998
They clearly meant W and hit Q by mistake.
JUST WILD BEAT
COMMUNICATION
>>
>>14152018
Hehe.
>>
File: launcher.jpg (23 KB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
launcher.jpg
23 KB, 400x218
>>14151920
>Shoulda made the move to the colonies, mang.
I will.

>>14151923
Living and learning.

>>14151968
>Netherlands here.
Roger that. 21% of product is default value for some countries, but this €13 / €17.50 tax can be a pain in the ass for small items like HGs or acessories...

Feel the shit here: 60% of TOTAL (product + shipping value described outside box) + 4 US$ (postal). However, since 2015, assholes can change the value and ask for more. In this case, YOU have to prove the real value. By the way, they don't deliver at home in this case. YOU have to go to the post office, waste time and pay in cash (not even credit card is available). And if you took more than 1 week, they add 4 bucks per day, during 1 week (before the product go back).

Fuck balls.

>>14152012
>What the fuck did you ask? Neo Zeong?
Dragon Momoko's MG launcher 2.0 + 3 shitty stickers, mate.
>>
>>14152229
What state do you live in? And why the hell did they take you to goddamn the judge?
>>
Why is our country such a shithole? The political happenings (and the reactions )of the past week just make it clear this place isn't worth living in.
>>
>>14152240
see >>14151895

>>14152229
>YOU have to go to the post office, waste time and pay in cash (not even credit card is available)
I don't live where you are but I'm all too familiar with this MO and I know where that money goes as I'm sure you do as well.

fucking third world bullshit

[spoilers]tfw some of those refugees just want to live in a place where they can buy gunpla and don't have to deal with bullshit officials
>>
>>14152240
>And why the hell did they take you to goddamn the judge?
SP.
I don't. I asked for a revision by email, they decreased to only 120 bucks, I paid, took the kit today and next week I AM going to the judge (to take my cash back). That's how it works now.
>>
>>14152287
Highlight the text you wanna spoiler.
Press ctrl+s.

Only works in quick reply.
>>
>>14152262
>Why is our country such a shithole?
Portuguese colonization + Gerson's Law (take advantage of everything) + Cultural Marxism + Commies.

>>14152287
>I don't live where you are but I'm all too familiar with this MO and I know where that money goes as I'm sure you do as well.
Yeap. And I'll not support this shit.
>>
>>14151895
>>14151842
Literally how.

BR too and that never happened to me. What's your state?
>>
File: 213412.jpg (126 KB, 666x489) Image search: [Google]
213412.jpg
126 KB, 666x489
>>14152502
>Literally how.
>BR too and that never happened to me. What's your state?
SP.

The fact is: RF changed the way they tax along these 2 years.

- Until july 2014, everthing below 50 US$ was "free". Got some PGs free from taxes. It was the golden age for smuggling.

- Since june 2014, RF started to tax only big boxes, but using the minimum of 50 US$ + 12 R$: I paid 50 R$ in a PG Skygrasper and 60 R$ in a UC Hardgraph Blood Hound. Bad, but no major trouble because both were bellow the real value.

- In the beginning of 2015, most products started to get taxed in 60% by DEFAULT (Dilma needed money to burn). I got a 1/500 Yamato from HLJ in this case. If you avoided it, you were just lucky.

- In the beginning of 2016, shit got serious: everything without invoice outside the box got values changed because they want to tax OVER THE LIMIT (remember: only Postal Service/Correios got a debt of 62 millions...). If you do not complain, you get fucked. If you complain, you get 'less' fucked (my case). So, it's time to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjxtVvGCJKQ

It's the better way to retrieve the money from the last 5 years.
>>
>>14152638
Scared me there, I forgot how much the Real was worth. Sorry to hear that anon but at least it isn't $50. I would have lead a reform group for your country if it were that bad.
>>
Jesus. With this whole shitshow going on with the impeachment thing, that mosquito shit and the Olympics all going on this year, it could probably not be a worse time for your country. And from the sound of things it doesn't look like Temer is going to solve your problems overnight either.
>>
>>14151842
They should have included that information in the straight up and in the terms of sale. If they didn't, that's on them. If they did, then it's all your fault for not reading the advertisement correctly. Either pay or take the bad rep feedback (I think the negative feedback remains readable for others, but it won't affect your score after a year).
>>
>>14153066
Read the thread, brah.

The problem isn't the site that's selling the Gunpla, the problem is the country that the Gunpla is passing into, which is trying to milk all the money it can out of its citizens to fund its Olympics and pad the pockets of its officials in the midst of a fuckhuge depression.
>>
>>14153105

So basically, OP was not a aware of import taxes in the country he is a citizen/resident of?
>>
>>14153107

yeah it seems weird to not know about it, especially since the phrasing "GIVING UP ON" would imply he's imported gunpla before.
>>
>>14153107
More like the country just happened to throw way more import taxes on the item than there ever should be.

It's like the obscene brokerage fees of UPS and FedEX tack on to items that cross a border just because they can... but worse.
>>
I gave up already on Gunpla and switched to jets :^)
>>
>>14151895
Third worlder SEA here.
How come there are no local gunpla reseller in your place who buy in bulk and then sell them in local forums or online shops?
While brick and mortar shop overpriced the goods like every other place in the world, most local online merchants put really nice price here. Sometimes very close to actual price in JPY, I don't know how they handle the shipping cost and import tax with such price. The selection is nice too, from bootlegs to rare stuff.

Have you tried looking around local gunpla community?
>>
>>14151842

25% on the value of the item, I can't remember if they tax the shipping cost as well or not.

Also, a flat mail fee of around 10 euros. You'd think that you've already paid enough when you pay for EMS in the first place, but no.
>>
I don't buy gunpla but when I buy something, I use a third party company if they don't ship to my country and I never use a state post service, it sucks. They don't charge extra 1000% here, thanks God. The shipping can be x3 times more expensive than the purchase though.
>>
>>14153107
Your ever lived in a shithole of a country? They make up shitty rules all the time to get an extra buck out of you. Try being aware of all of them when they can just squeeze up some bullshit on the spot when they realize you're well off enough to import some pricey shit.
>>
File: changeman.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
changeman.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>14153066
>They should have included that information in the straight up and in the terms of sale...
>>14153107
>So basically, OP was not a aware of import taxes in the country he is a citizen/resident of?
No. Basically you didn't read the thread before posting, anon. BR is not for amateurs.
>>
File: 1461444321843.jpg (1 MB, 2158x1136) Image search: [Google]
1461444321843.jpg
1 MB, 2158x1136
>>14153139
>switched to jets :^)
TRAITOR!
>>
>>14153194
I know of a store that sells a single HG for roughly the same I'd pay for 3. So yeah, no chance.

>>14152638
Shit, I made a purchase last month and one this month without knowing that. Hope I don't get TOO fucked.

>accidently ordered the first one via SAL unregistered
>it has been more than a month and no sign of it
I just hope it's stuck in Curitiba.
>>
File: DSCF4164.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4164.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2048
Do you know Qi Sun, OP? Probably the safest way to buy gunpla here:

/Loja-do-Qi-605285456225151/
>>
>tfw I can only buy gunpla at a reasonable price when I'm on vacation in the US or Korea
>>
>Living in HUEland

How do they even survive the crippling taxes?
>>
File: Blanka's_ending.png (11 KB, 448x224) Image search: [Google]
Blanka's_ending.png
11 KB, 448x224
>>14151842
I know that feel bro, and I already knew what jungle you were talking about cause I'm in the same one.

Sad thing is I was just getting started with cheap HGs, it happened with my second one.
>>
File: glorious-demise.jpg (113 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
glorious-demise.jpg
113 KB, 720x405
>>14153194
>Have you tried looking around local gunpla community?
There is a gunpla community here around the web, but not official shops to buy (that's why people import). If you find a gunpla somewhere here, will be some old HG-RG, costing 3-4 times the original value, in the middle of western collectibles.

>>14153234
>25% on the value of the item, I can't remember if they tax the shipping cost as well or not. Also, a flat mail fee of around 10 euros.
Got it.

>>14153247
>I use a third party company if they don't ship to my country
We don't have it here. Have to use some gaijin sellers.

>>14153389
>I just hope it's stuck in Curitiba.
If it's a small box (HG, RG or acessories, less than 2 kg), it will reach Curitiba. If it's bigger (MG, PG, more than 2 kg...), it will be stucked in SP (my case).

However, at least be prepared to ask for a revision value by email (Correios show you how). If it works, 'ok'. If not, pay the value and prepare to fight.

In the end, only way to avoid this shit is purchasing very small items (to pay less) with invoiced attached into the box (to avoid been over taxed). If you receive your product at home without paying any tax in 2016, consider yourself damn lucky - it's a big exception.

>>14152710
>it could probably not be a worse time for your country.
Olimpics are dead here. It will be 10x worst and bigger than the 2014 World Cup.

>>14152668
>I would have lead a reform group for your country if it were that bad.
Yes. Use of nukes allowed.
>>
>>14153701
This country is disgusting. Guess I'll have to stop buying gunpla until 2019. At least then I should be able to make a big purchase in January before it all goes to shit again :^)
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.