[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: index.jpg (50 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
50 KB, 353x500
Thoughts on this show?
>>
Shoutaro is cute
>>
GULICO
GULICO
GUUU
LIIIIIIIIII
COOOOOOOOOO
>>
Fucking brilliant. First 11 episodes are just fantastic, and while the latter half of the show is weaker overall, it's still great. I really wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as good as it was.
>>
>>14151252
Really good. Imagawa's best work as a director. Like Grave of the Fireflies only with more punching robots and a less shitty protagonist.
>>
>>14151252
amazing but at the same time, depressing. just when you thought you saw all the suffering the series can show you, it goes further beyond and then it hits you like a shovel in the crotch
>>
>>14151252
the ending was depressing like what the fuck
>>
It's pretty great. Great fights, great soundtrack, generally great story. I didn't have any problems with the war backstory, mainly because I thought the trial episodes were so good.
>>
File: 1255365169783.jpg (182 KB, 825x1200) Image search: [Google]
1255365169783.jpg
182 KB, 825x1200
Post cute /m/ girls
>>
>>14151485
Soundtrack isn't mentioned enough, goddamn it's so good. Anyone got a download link? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
>>
File: watermarked.png (149 KB, 543x361) Image search: [Google]
watermarked.png
149 KB, 543x361
cute!
>>
>>14151450
That whole ending I just saw Tetsujin shouting "SHOTARO WHY" as he was melting
>>
>>14151669
SLUUUUUUUUT
>>
>>14151326

How is it weaker? All the series is great.
>>
>>14151353
Then why few people compared this to the Grave of the Firflies? The later looks more tragic than the former.
>>14151252
I've beem watching this until the Superhuman Kelly arc and watching parts of the later episodes after it. But I find this ok at first
>>
This show is not that depressing... What are you guys talking about? What's wrong with the war backstory? It has nothing to do with Grave of the Fireflies, from where this is coming from? It's just slightly more tragic than the original manga. And most of it comes from the direction rather than changes in the script. It's still the closest adaptation, it's like Kikaider The Animation compared to the Kikaider manga. It's more about the way they deal with the plot, but it's still the same as Yokoyama's Tetsujin.
>>
>>14151974
>it's still the same as Yokoyama's Tetsujin.
So, did the series end the same way as the sequel manga?
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=90912
>>
File: CahmhtnUEAAKnN0.jpg (52 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
CahmhtnUEAAKnN0.jpg
52 KB, 600x397
>>14152004
I get the impression no one has ever read that
>>
>>14152004

The manga never ends, it just stops. And that's not a sequel, it's one of the earlier stories with the Monster character, actually. I have no idea what this Zoku thing is about, probably just happens to be a reprint of some sort.
>>
>>14152019
>Gao
>still no subs depite 8-minute episodes
It's really telling about the state of Tetsujin subs when Pioneer/Geneon were the only ones to do something about it.

That being said, some brave souls will need to tackle the manga someday.
>>
>>14152019

I have a Revoltech of that Black Ox along with a Giant Robo that my nieces keep stealing from my room to play with every time they visit. I'm kind of hopeful they'll have some fond memories of it that transition in to nerdy love for their shows or something 10 years down the line.
>>
File: 2016_03_28_02.jpg (89 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
2016_03_28_02.jpg
89 KB, 1024x576
>>14152081
I'm hoping Discotek saves the day
>>
>>14151932
>>14151974
>What's wrong with the war backstory?
>It has nothing to do with Grave of the Fireflies, from where this is coming from
Eh? No one thinks the war backstory is bad as far as I can tell.

It gets compared to GoTF because they're both depressing in tone and also set in the post WW2 reconstruction period.

>>14151918
The last few episodes feels rather rushed and the editing gets kind of sloppy - look at the scene where Murasame calls up Shotaro in a public phone and some spy fires a gun and then later on he just shows up like nothing ever happened.

>>14151557
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m26bzs3fizrwbvg/Tetsujin_28.rar

Here you go.
>>
>>14151974
>This show is not that depressing... What are you guys talking about? What's wrong with the war backstory? It has nothing to do with Grave of the Fireflies, from where this is coming from?
Some people feel that the bits of the story where Shotaro's dad, the Japanese soldiers, and the citizens at home suffer during the war are too sympathetic to Japan. But they're typically the type of people who suspect that any Japanese media featuring that sort of sentiment is propaganda.
>>
>>14151669
Guys, was this cutie in the manga?
>>
>>14155190
I don't think so. I heard someone on here claim once that she's partially based on Otsuka's daughter but her character otherwise has no direct counterpart in the original manga.
>>
>>14155338
Is the manga even scanned?
>>
>>14155190
>>14155338

She's based on Otsuka's secretary/wife person. It was never made clear and she has no name. There' almost no women or female character with a given name in the entire manga.
>>
>>14155459

Only the first volume containing the proto story that got retconned later on. In this, Shotaro's father had nothing to do with Tetsujin's creation. For all the others, better check ebookjapan.
>>
It was good, but the dialogue and the way everyone talked in the show got annoying. Thats right, first they would say something, and then follow up "That's right, <further exposition>" in way too many monologues and conversations.
>>
>>14152081
Then again, it took like half a year for Doamaiger D to get subs on its TWO MINUTE FUCKING LONG EPISODES.

I have faith that someday, FX and 80s will get subbed at least.
>>
>>14156272
Would you happen to have a pic of her?
>>
>>14156421

Yes, but not at the moment because I'm typing from a mobile device and will only be back home in a few days. If the thread is still up, I will post some pictures of her. Design-wise, she's mostly the same but in early Yokoyama style.
>>
>>14156326
>I have faith that someday, FX and 80s will get subbed at least.
I'm almost certain that those will get respectively subbed by Silver Castle (or Subdivers, or SquareAnon) and Luurah, so the feeling's mutual. The 60s show is pretty much the only tough call, especially since Nanto still hasn't gotten around to subbing the rest of the final arc yet.
>>
File: tetsujin_by_sparky_j-d5vklnm.png (339 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
tetsujin_by_sparky_j-d5vklnm.png
339 KB, 1024x1024
>>
>>14157488
Imagine how many decades it would take for Nanto to do a 92 episode series.
>>
>>14157488
Man, Silver Castle's doing GOLD LIGHTAN. That was early 80s, not long after New Tetsujin. They could totally pick it up and it wouldn't even be odd.

I'm pretty sure it has decent raws out there too.
>>
File: DSC00779.jpg (303 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
DSC00779.jpg
303 KB, 1536x2048
>>
>>14164337
>Don't take pictures or I'll throw my arm at you!
>>
File: goods_12324_4.jpg (48 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
goods_12324_4.jpg
48 KB, 600x401
>>
>>14152579
>too sympathetic to Japan
>Japan plotted to blow up the world in case of losing the WW2
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.